Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blackpool away

Blackpool away 2 weeks 6 days ago #158778

• simmpool
  • 1st Year Apprentice
  • Thank you received: 8
Full allocation 2,100 are they having a laugh they are just asking for trouble
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 6 days ago #158786

• donnys page
  • 1st Team Player
  • Thank you received: 544
First dabs on tickets for fans in receipt of a ticket for The Chekatrade Trophy match earlier in the season second dabs to fans who were at The League cup home game.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 6 days ago #158788

• garswood_latic
  • Thank you received: 414
donnys page wrote:
First dabs on tickets for fans in receipt of a ticket for The Chekatrade Trophy match earlier in the season second dabs to fans who were at The League cup home game.

I tick both those boxes, but I'll be in Switzerland watching the Zurich derby, so that's one more available.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 6 days ago #158789

donnys page wrote:

Let me guess. You went both.
Super, Super Stu. Super Stuart Barlow.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 5 days ago #158790

• donnys page
  • 1st Team Player
I did but won't be going to this one. Seemed a good way to stop any squabbling as most who went to those will be S.T. holders too.
It's what the big clubs do for in demand matches.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 5 days ago #158791

• Nuneatonlatic
  • 1st Team Player
  • Thank you received: 307
Why is there a limit when Blackpool fans who are protesting with good reason and boycotting games?. Most of the ground will be empty so why not get as much revenue as you can from away fans. I,ve not looked at what they have been averaging for home games but it is a good size stadium which should be more than adequate to supply demands for away allocations.
One life One love One Wigan Athletic

The real Melchester Rovers

Blackpool away 2 weeks 5 days ago #158792

• garswood_latic
  • Thank you received: 414
Nuneatonlatic wrote:
Why is there a limit when Blackpool fans who are protesting with good reason and boycotting games?. Most of the ground will be empty so why not get as much revenue as you can from away fans. I,ve not looked at what they have been averaging for home games but it is a good size stadium which should be more than adequate to supply demands for away allocations.
They don't want away fans outnumbering home fans.
They don't care about the money as they have asset stripped it anyway (Whelan haters take note of what it is really like to have someone who is pocketing the money)

Blackpool away 2 weeks 5 days ago #158793

donnys page wrote:
I did but won't be going to this one. Seemed a good way to stop any squabbling as most who went to those will be S.T. holders too.

Were not a big club
Super, Super Stu. Super Stuart Barlow.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 5 days ago #158797

• tetley belly
  • Spectator
  • Thank you received: 3
I heard the owners don't want more Wigan there than the home fans, though I don't see what difference it would make.

Talking to Blackpool fans, the reckon the Oystons just want to be able to sell the stadium to a developer.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 5 days ago #158798

• Jayt
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 72
Super Stuart Barlow wrote:
donnys page wrote:

Were not a big club

We are in this league!!!!!
FA CUP WINNERS 2013 - Sounds very good that does
The following user(s) said Thank You: filmoss

Blackpool away 2 weeks 5 days ago #158800

• donnys page
  • 1st Team Player
It's looking like there will be a demand so I should have just said it's what happens at clubs where there is a demand for tickets. They work out a way so that the fans who have been to most games get first dabs so the 600 or so who went in the Checkatrade should get first dabs.Most of those would be ST holders and would have gone to the league cup game too so next in line League cup attendees who didn't go to the Checkatrade game. Seems fair all round.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by donnys page. Reason: Spelling

Blackpool away 2 weeks 5 days ago #158801

• donnys page
  • 1st Team Player
Or first dabs to the fans who go to most of the away games. These people would be on data bases so should even be offered first dabs at tickets.
Would be better if Blackpool just sent a reasonable amount of tickets in the first place.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 5 days ago #158802

• horc
  • 1st Team Player
  • Thank you received: 286
It's simple Donny, first dabs go to the fans that show the most commitment to the club, and that is the season ticket holders.
They are the ones that fork out up front before they even know who will be playing for the club and that loyalty deserves preferential treatment when it comes to away tickets.
There should be somekind of perk for non season ticket holders who travel the length and breadth of the country to away matches but most are probably season ticket holders anyway.
Make the DW an egg free zone.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 5 days ago #158803

• Nuneatonlatic
  • 1st Team Player
We should give the shithouses the same allocation for the game at the DW

Blackpool away 2 weeks 4 days ago #158804

• donnys page
  • 1st Team Player
horc wrote:
It's simple Donny, first dabs go to the fans that show the most commitment to the club, and that is the season ticket holders.
They are the ones that fork out up front before they even know who will be playing for the club and that loyalty deserves preferential treatment when it comes to away tickets.
There should be some kind of perk for non season ticket holders who travel the length and breadth of the country to away matches but most are probably season ticket holders anyway.
But surely fans who traveled to Charlton in midweek and the many others who travel to away games week in week out should have preference to anyone, season ticket holders or not.
I think the main motivation rather than commitment for purchasing a season ticket for most is the cost. Would we have sold 6500 or so this season if season tickets had been £500-00 plus?
Like I said though the vast majority of supporters who saw the two Blackpool games and league games away will be season ticket holders anyway so season ticket holders who have been to away games or cup games should take preference for tickets when there is a potential demand and that should be limited to one each.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 4 days ago #158805

• The Egg
  • Thank you received: 292
What happens if you couldn't make the checkatrade game due to the early k.o but haven't missed another game? Could still miss out.

ST holders first is usually the easiest way
WAFC - LEAGUE ONE CHAMPIONS 2016

Blackpool away 2 weeks 4 days ago #158806

• muttywhitedog
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 60
A lot of clubs have a loyalty points scheme were season ticket holders get a point for every away and cup game they attend and when popular matches go on sale, they get first dabs. However, unless demand regularly exceeds supply then it becomes a pointless exercise. If Blackpool away is going to be a potential flashpoint then sell to season ticket holders only - they are the ones with most to lose if they misbehave.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 4 days ago #158807

• StandishWalker
  • 1st Team Manager
  • Thank you received: 230
donnys page wrote:
horc wrote:
There should be some kind of perk for non season ticket holders who travel the length and breadth of the country to away matches but most are probably season ticket holders anyway.
But surely fans who traveled to Charlton in midweek and the many others who travel to away games week in week out should have preference to anyone, season ticket holders or not.
I think the main motivation rather than commitment for purchasing a season ticket for most is the cost. Would we have sold 6500 or so this season if season tickets had been £500-00 plus?
Like I said though the vast majority of supporters who saw the two Blackpool games and league games away will be season ticket holders anyway so season ticket holders who have been to away games or cup games should take preference for tickets when there is a potential demand and that should be limited to one each.
The main motivation for buying a season ticket for most people is commitment. When you buy a ticket you are guaranteed your usual seat and you're in it for the season - good or bad. The alternative is to buy tickets ad-hoc, but when it's not going too well, or if you can't make it, you don't buy a ticket - and the club doesn't benefit from this.

Likewise, people who travelled to Charlton bought tickets off Charlton - not Wigan.

Therefore, those who support Wigan Athletic financially should get priority - ie. like Horc says, the season ticket holders.

Then when they've had their window, it should go to those with a history of away game purchases.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by StandishWalker.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 4 days ago #158808

• Nuneatonlatic
  • 1st Team Player
All good points being made and under normal circumstances right but at the end of the day even with 2100 Wigan fans there the stadium will be nearly empty and many Latics fans who want to go will miss out needlessly. What allocation has all the clubs who have been to Cesspool had?.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 4 days ago #158809

• donnys page
  • 1st Team Player
StandishWalker wrote:
donnys page wrote:
horc wrote:
The main motivation for buying a season ticket for most people is commitment. When you buy a ticket you are guaranteed your usual seat and you're in it for the season - good or bad. The alternative is to buy tickets ad-hoc, but when it's not going too well, or if you can't make it, you don't buy a ticket - and the club doesn't benefit from this.

Likewise, people who travelled to Charlton bought tickets off Charlton - not Wigan.

Therefore, those who support Wigan Athletic financially should get priority - ie. like Horc says, the season ticket holders.

Then when they've had their window, it should go to those with a history of away game purchases.
So you don't think that season ticket holders who have an history of following Latics away should have first choice then?
If I had a season ticket and had been to all away games this season and missed out on a local away trip because someone had got in the queue before me I would be pissed off wouldn't you?

Blackpool away 2 weeks 3 days ago #158818

• StandishWalker
  • 1st Team Manager
  • Thank you received: 230
donnys page wrote:
StandishWalker wrote:
donnys page wrote:
horc wrote:

So you don't think that season ticket holders who have an history of following Latics away should have first choice then?
If I had a season ticket and had been to all away games this season and missed out on a local away trip because someone had got in the queue before me I would be pissed off wouldn't you?
No, I do agree with that.

It should be:
Season ticket holders with away game history
Season ticket holders
People with away game history but no season ticket

Blackpool away 2 weeks 3 days ago #158821

• r_p_mcmurphy
  • 1st Year Apprentice
  • Thank you received: 7
Why would the club put a complicated ticket priority system in place for something that is only an issue once or twice a season?

I don't buy into this "I go to most aways but I don't have a season ticket".
"If I want to ridicule how pathetic our support is then I will"

Filmoss
8th December 2010

RIP Wigan Athletic. We had some good times.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 3 days ago #158822

• donnys page
  • 1st Team Player
StandishWalker wrote:
donnys page wrote:
StandishWalker wrote:
donnys page wrote:
horc wrote:

No, I do agree with that.

It should be:
Season ticket holders with away game history
Season ticket holders
People with away game history but no season ticket
Well that's fair enough, can't argue with that.

Blackpool away 2 weeks 2 days ago #158828

• dnr
  • Spectator
  • Thank you received: 2
Still 200 left, best get your skates on

Blackpool away 2 weeks 2 days ago #158829

• snowblind
  • Youth Team Player
  • Thank you received: 30
dnr wrote:
Still 200 left, best get your skates on
And to think when I queued up on Tuesday morning I was worried I wouldn't get a ticket.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

The only place UK businesses need to come for their online marketing and advertising
Go to top