Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another home win

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177438

• vincehill
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 66
Good result against a form team and lots of positives.
Good performances throughout the team.
Will they take it to the away games coming up ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177440

• dnr
  • Academy Player
  • Thank you received: 36
Not seen us so up for a match in a while, chased everything down. Enjoyed the match. Had a couple of friends in the Forrest end moaning about them making 5 changes.

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177441

• Edwards
  • Academy Player
  • Thank you received: 62
The ballboys were mom for me, they knew how to slow the game down and take the sting out of the Forest attacks. I reckon they could shoot better than Forest too! When one was bouncing the ball to himself before returning it, that was just an audacious show of confidence beyond his years.

Was the ref sponsoring the match ball? He certainly liked hold onto it and carry it around.

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177443

• Nuneatonlatic
  • 1st Team Manager
  • Thank you received: 517
It's so feckin infuriating how we can win so many points at home and get nowt away.
One life One love One Wigan Athletic

The real Melchester Rovers

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177446

• GoalsGalore
  • Academy Player
  • Thank you received: 102
Nuneatonlatic wrote:
It's so feckin infuriating how we can win so many points at home and get nowt away.

Exacfekintly!! On wednesday we're playing a team of drink drivers (I know, that's not true, it's harsh and a gross untrue generalisation) and guess what'll happen. It's going to be so frustrating after today, possibly the best game we've played at the DW since we beat ManCity! Bloody great game, good football, stunning team work ad 11 MoMs.

Blinkin great game. They're all rubbish. Cook out Moyes in.
Let's talk some sense.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by GoalsGalore.

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177449

• runcornfan1978
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 218
Where are the responses from mr brownbill & cupwinners? Oh yes! We won! So they dont usually post after a win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garswood_latic

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177450

• vincehill
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 66
Maybe it’s our noisy home support that lifts them to greater heights as every player today was trying to get a foot in and battled.
Derby must be there for the taking on Wednesday night but the reality will
Be depressingly familiar no doubt.

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177451

• Super Stuart Barlow
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 97
runcornfan1978 wrote:
Where are the responses from mr brownbill & cupwinners? Oh yes! We won! So they dont usually post after a win.

2 home losses off relegation blah blah blah. Cook out etc etc.

Goon supporting trolls. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Super, Super Stu. Super Stuart Barlow.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by Super Stuart Barlow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garswood_latic

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177454

• GoalsGalore
  • Academy Player
Keiffer was great, well ok. He would have been great if he'd scored that 1 on 1 right at the end. Too slow. Get him in the wednesday evening walking football team.

No, honestly .... I thought Keiffer was great. Held up play well, battled hard, his goal will come on Wednesday.
Let's talk some sense.

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177458

• Edwards
  • Academy Player
  • Thank you received: 62
For his first game in months, I thought MacLeod was excellent and right on the pace. And he didn’t get injured (I hope).

Another home win 1 month 1 day ago #177460

• MR Brownbill
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 85
FAO Runcorn.....check the other thread.Youll probably find I posted before you and unlike you and Super I'm happy to post positively when we deserve it.No sign of you two after we lose .....well not till 3 or 4 days later.Lets see us maintain this momentum and sort out the away shite.

Another home win 1 month 19 hours ago #177461

• runcornfan1978
  • Reserve Team Player
MR Brownbill wrote:
Lets see us maintain this momentum and sort out the away shite.

I sincerely hope we do. Just checked the table this morning. If we could improve on the away form, we could quite easily be in the play-offs- certainly top half.
Last Edit: 1 month 18 hours ago by runcornfan1978.

Another home win 1 month 15 hours ago #177463

• MR Brownbill
  • Reserve Team Player
Is there any team really a cut above the rest ? Not for me. Forest were unbeaten since opening day then the standard isn't that high. So no reason we cant be a lot higher if we can sort out some away pts.Beggars the question too....Morsey????...Are we more stagnant in the middle with him??
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoalsGalore

Another home win 1 month 8 hours ago #177465

• GoalsGalore
  • Academy Player
It's funny how we all see the same thing so differently, innit, like?

On here and else where many people have said they don't rate Jacobs and didn't rate him yesterday.

Now you know what I'm gonna say. I thought he did ok yesterday. He battled hard, didn't give up, chased back when he'd fuffed his lines and so on. I thought he did alright. Maybe not M o M, but put a good shift in, and wasn't in any way a passenger on yesterday's journey up the hill.

And why do people hate Naismith so much. (oh, and Jordi Gomez)?
Let's talk some sense.

Another home win 1 month 6 hours ago #177466

• horc
  • 1st Team Manager
  • Thank you received: 473
GoalsGalore wrote:

On here and else where many people have said they don't rate Jacobs and didn't rate him yesterday.

Now you know what I'm gonna say. I thought he did ok yesterday. He battled hard, didn't give up, chased back when he'd fuffed his lines and so on. I thought he did alright. Maybe not M o M, but put a good shift in, and wasn't in any way a passenger on yesterday's journey up the hill.

Sorry GG I can't agree with you regarding Michael Jacobs.
He works hard, and is certainley a trier, you always think that he might just do something good, but unfortunately seldom does and appears to be struggling to make it happen at this level.
I did however think Naismith looked a real threat from both sides when he came on.
Make the DW an egg free zone.

Another home win 1 month 5 hours ago #177468

• dnr
  • Academy Player
  • Thank you received: 36
I loved Gomez, him, Kelly and Langley!

Another home win 4 weeks 2 days ago #177470

• cup winners
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 118
runcornfan1978 wrote:
Excellent win worked hard throughout the game, could have scored more well deserved 3 points. We have to transfer this type of form to away games.

Unlike yourself I have a life so I visit when I can not like 24/7 stalker Stu and the Happy Clappy Crew who would probably clapped and cheered us off against Canvey Island.
I praise when were good and moan when were sh#t and fully justifiable, that's what makes football, opinions. You don't have any other than the clap happy "Up the Tics" with a permanent Joker smile on.
Once you have more than one opinion come back hey, otherwise keep using your colouring book and your blue and white crayons.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by cup winners.

Another home win 4 weeks 2 days ago #177471

• cup winners
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 118
GoalsGalore wrote:

But that's the problem, we've a side with lots of grafters, workers, putting a shift in but we don't have a Powell Maloney, Gomez, N'Zogbia, Moses type player. Someone who can change a game with one bit of magic. This type of player might not work his sack off but they offer a different quality.
The hard work will get you so far but that bit of quality will take you that step further.
For me it's the missing piece to the jigsaw. Also, I thought the midfield looked more compact without Morsey.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by cup winners.

Another home win 4 weeks 2 days ago #177472

• Super Stuart Barlow
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 97
So if you don't post after a win it's because you have a life. If someone doesn't post after a loss it's because they went into hiding?

Ooops...here I am stalking you again.
Super, Super Stu. Super Stuart Barlow.

Another home win 4 weeks 2 days ago #177473

• MR Brownbill
  • Reserve Team Player
As stated a good hard working performance against a difficult to beat Forest who doesn't erase the herd of elephants in the room .Unless this away form improves markedly then my opinion wont waiver. Derby 1pt ahead of us and Bristol City 6 so we need to get results at these places who aren't exactly pulling trees up. Wont get f@@@ all unless he does a u turn as far as the negative shite we produce. If nothing g from these 2 then pressure back on home games. Look at the table .We're in touching distance of play offs so why not go for it ??

Another home win 4 weeks 2 days ago #177474

• horc
  • 1st Team Manager
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by horc.

Another home win 4 weeks 2 days ago #177475

• horc
  • 1st Team Manager
cup winners wrote:
GoalsGalore wrote:

But that's the problem, we've a side with lots of grafters, workers, putting a shift in but we don't have a Powell Maloney, Gomez, N'Zogbia, Moses type player. Someone who can change a game with one bit of magic. This type of player might not work his sack off but they offer a different quality.
The hard work will get you so far but that bit of quality will take you that step further.
For me it's the missing piece to the jigsaw. Also, I thought the midfield looked more compact without Morsey.

I agree with what you are saying, but I think Williams could prove to be the missing piece in midfield and Lowe and Gelhardt could be the flare players we are craving for.
You also have to remember, we are toward the lower end of the Championship, so to attract PL quality players like the ones you mentioned will take a huge up turn in our league status.
Until then, we will have to work within our means or be very shrewd in the transfer market along with producing our own stars for the future.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by horc.

Another home win 4 weeks 2 days ago #177481

• runcornfan1978
  • Reserve Team Player
cup winners wrote:
runcornfan1978 wrote:
Unlike yourself I have a life so I visit when I can not like 24/7 stalker Stu and the Happy Clappy Crew who would probably clapped and cheered us off against Canvey Island.

You dont seem to have much of a life though when we lose TBF!

Another home win 4 weeks 2 days ago #177482

• The Egg
  • Thank you received: 443
cup winners wrote:

I agree. We also seem to have a few players who can all play the same role but none of them are outstanding at it.

The way he played when he came on on Sunday I'd be tempted to play Naismith in that "number 10" role if Windass isn't fully fit yet.
WAFC - LEAGUE ONE CHAMPIONS 2018 - UP THE TICS!

Another home win 4 weeks 1 day ago #177486

• runcornfan1978
  • Reserve Team Player
The Egg wrote:
cup winners wrote:

I agree. We also seem to have a few players who can all play the same role but none of them are outstanding at it.

The way he played when he came on on Sunday I'd be tempted to play Naismith in that "number 10" role if Windass isn't fully fit yet.

I think we have a number of people who can play that role. Lowe, Pilkington, Evan's?? Personally, I like windass there & prefer him in all honesty to Powell. I would like cook to give Gelhardt a game or 2 in the "10" role. But sadly, I cant see that happening.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Football Betting Site Betway

The only place UK businesses need to come for their online marketing and advertising
Go to top