HomeForumGeneralCockney Latic Main ForumKept to my word and didnt go today....
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kept to my word and didnt go today....

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 1 week 1 hour ago #178387

• Vat69
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1st Team Player
  • Thank you received: 120
...and looking from a distance, its revealed more than if I had actually gone.

Stats..

Up until half time, Latics were 60-40 up on possession, although Reading had more attempts on goal, considerably more, but they'd been mostly blocked.

As the second half wore on, the percentage gap narrowed continuously, as it seemed Reading came more and more into the game. Their goal attempts continued to rise also. Percentage of possession has swung to Reading now.

It was no surprise when the equalizer flashed up on my phone. It was a big shock though when they almost immediateky scored again.

Whats the issue? Fitness? Is that it? Are we not fit enough? Can we not last 90 mins?

And theyve scored another whilst Ive typed this piece! Unbelievable.

Close the door on the way out please, Cook. Theres a good lad.
And there you go!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 1 week 1 hour ago #178388

• bluelatic
  • Spectator
  • Thank you received: 1
Well in control and then..........a double substitution!!! why??

It must be a very good compensation clause in his contract.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 1 week 56 minutes ago #178389

• bluelatic
  • Spectator
Well in control and then..........a double substitution!!! why??

It must be a very good compensation clause in his contract.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 1 week 45 minutes ago #178390

• bigroy
  • Youth Team Player
  • Thank you received: 87
Over a million am afraid. Not helpful fans booing Naismith when he comes on at one up. Confidence looked shaky and so it proved. Must be horrible to be treated like that by your own supporters. Luton next week could be pivotal.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 1 week 39 minutes ago #178391

• MR Brownbill
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Reserve Team Player
Reading poor..Jacob's get his usual start ..couldn't put them to bed.Created little. Windass worked hard but thought ideal game to blood Geldhardt. Then on comes Naismith and league 1 edging nearer. Interesting to hear Big Roy,Super Stu's and the remaining clappers analysis !!!!........Look what happens when you don't act on the obvious shocking portfolio of damning statistics!!!!.....and to cap it all he got another booking............3 home defeats on the bounce........but hey ....our home form will save us !!!........Naismith on......usual results

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 1 week 34 minutes ago #178392

• MR Brownbill
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Reserve Team Player
F*** Luton !!!!!!......Today was pivotal, we were at home against a very average side..............How many more pivotal games do you want. . ......for the sake of our club admit defeat and join our 10 month long chorus......Cook out !!!!!

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 1 week 34 minutes ago #178393

• dnr
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Academy Player
  • Thank you received: 36
What a five minutes, why make subs so early, or even at all, just so frustrating. Got to go, Vat would you like a badge for not going?

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 1 week 26 minutes ago #178394

• Vat69
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1st Team Player
dnr wrote:
What a five minutes, why make subs so early, or even at all, just so frustrating. Got to go, Vat would you like a badge for not going?

No. Just a managerial change.

When we went a goal up, I thought "typical. But at least the kids and my dad will be happy".
And there you go!

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 1 week 12 minutes ago #178395

• jrfatfan
  • 1st Team Manager
  • Thank you received: 349
Why oh why did he have to make ANY subs let alone take your best player off. Thought we looked comfortable up to that point and played some good stuff going forward. That game was lost due to poor substitutions, Cook cannot defend what he did. The only player that should have been subbed was Jacobs and that should have been done at half time or before.
Time to go Cook I'm afraid, turning round to the crowd and clapping when Joffy spun and shot on 88 mins was a fekin joke. Too little too late yet again. Weekend spoilt again!
FromMatlocktoManU......How far have we fekin come!
The following user(s) said Thank You: garswood_latic

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 23 hours ago #178397

• MR Brownbill
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Reserve Team Player
That surely is his last glimmer of hope extinguished. I agree about his substitutions and why does Jacob's still get on after his continual recent mediocre performances. Game after game his substitutions cost us points and if those bell ends upstairs don't do the right thing and remove him then I really worry for the long term future of our club should we drop.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 23 hours ago #178398

• Vat69
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1st Team Player
jrfatfan wrote:
Why oh why did he have to make ANY subs let alone take your best player off. Thought we looked comfortable up to that point and played some good stuff going forward. That game was lost due to poor substitutions, Cook cannot defend what he did. The only player that should have been subbed was Jacobs and that should have been done at half time or before.
Time to go Cook I'm afraid, turning round to the crowd and clapping when Joffy spun and shot on 88 mins was a fekin joke. Too little too late yet again. Weekend spoilt again!

Exactly what my dad said when they came in. Almost word for word.

It HAS to happen now. No question. When their equalizer flashed up, I thought "ah well, its going to be a draw". If only, eh? Substitutions have always been Cook's achilles heel. Quite often they have been puzzling, at best.

If I was Cook I would resign right about now. I really would.

Was he being sarky when he turned and clapped the crowd? Putting Joffy on so late was pointless anyway. If I'd been young Joe, Id have been too busy 'stretching' near the corner flag and not heard him. Its almost as if bringing him on was a sarcastic dig at the fans.
And there you go!

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 23 hours ago #178400

• jrfatfan
  • 1st Team Manager
I shouted down to Cook and Richardson "we should be clapping that after 8 mins not 88" at which point they turned to the field shoulders dropped and heads hung.
Get somebody in now who can weigh the squad up for 4-5 games before the window opens.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 23 hours ago #178401

• Vat69
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1st Team Player
jrfatfan wrote:
I shouted down to Cook and Richardson "we should be clapping that after 8 mins not 88" at which point they turned to the field shoulders dropped and heads hung.
Get somebody in now who can weigh the squad up for 4-5 games before the window opens.

Joffy's nan had a go on one of the Facebook pages earlier. Saying he should be putting Joe on earlier, or starting him.

Has to end this weekend, this crap.
And there you go!

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 23 hours ago #178402

• Leylandlatic4ever
  • Youth Team Player
  • Thank you received: 68
When the home fans start singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" it's gone beyond changing the recipe, it's time for a new chef.

Graeme Jones might be available on Monday ;)
"We have never seen a greater day".....11.5.13

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 23 hours ago #178404

• jrfatfan
  • 1st Team Manager
If the pay off is too much why not bring in an owd yed like Warnock and get him sit along side of cook, make sit down for 90 mins and concentrate on tactics. Booked again for arguing with 4th official, its got embarrassing now!

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 23 hours ago #178408

• Vat69
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1st Team Player
If Cook had anything about him, he would walk of his own accord. I know I would.

Its getting nasty now, toxic. Nobody wants that.

Time for Royle and Jackson to show their metal and make the hard (easy) decision.

That little prick Sharpe (number one fan...bollocks) is to blame for giving him the contract extension. He couldn't even run a chippy and never noticed a million being stolen by a manager!

We have to bite the bullet and do what has to be done. Its not even debatable. No other club wouldve let it go on this long...no way. Taking the hit now, could save us millions in the long run.
And there you go!

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 22 hours ago #178410

• bigroy
  • Youth Team Player
That's the difference when you have a 9 million pound striker up front banging the goals in. Sadly we can't compete in this league. Club doesn't have the means.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 22 hours ago #178411

• donnys page
  • 1st Team Manager
  • Thank you received: 785
bigroy wrote:
Over a million am afraid. Not helpful fans booing Naismith when he comes on at one up. Confidence looked shaky and so it proved. Must be horrible to be treated like that by your own supporters. Luton next week could be pivotal.
The fans were booing Cooks decision to take Pilkington off.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 22 hours ago #178412

• runcornfan1978
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 221
MR Brownbill wrote:
Reading poor..Jacob's get his usual start ..couldn't put them to bed.Created little. Windass worked hard but thought ideal game to blood Geldhardt. Then on comes Naismith and league 1 edging nearer. Interesting to hear Big Roy,Super Stu's and the remaining clappers analysis !!!!........Look what happens when you don't act on the obvious shocking portfolio of damning statistics!!!!.....and to cap it all he got another booking............3 home defeats on the bounce........but hey ....our home form will save us !!!........Naismith on......usual results

I really cannot comment on today's game Derek as I'm still in work. I was relying on my dad, plus BBC championship to keep me updated with the scores. All I will say is "Cook out!"

I'm sorry, but if I was he, I would resign.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 22 hours ago #178414

• coach 43
  • Spectator
Dont be too hard on Cook, they did have Pele & Puscas playing! Half expected Di Stefano to come on as a sub. Seriously though, something has to give, they switched off completely after the penalty and then Naismiths inch perfect pass.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 21 hours ago #178417

• jimmyc
  • Reserve Team Player
  • Thank you received: 79
jrfatfan wrote:

That was the same conversation around us, nobody could understand his thinking. Someone once said on here he looks at the stats on the ipad and makes his decisions based on that info. If that's the case he needs to stop and start using the old fashion method because it's making him look stupid.. And frustrating the life out of me.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 21 hours ago #178418

• horc
  • 1st Team Manager
  • Thank you received: 478
bigroy wrote:
That's the difference when you have a 9 million pound striker up front banging the goals in. Sadly we can't compete in this league. Club doesn't have the means.

We have a big striker banging them in for his international team, and our clown of a manager doesn't know how to use him, then realised how to use him at Millwall, then this week decides not to use him at all. What a d*** head Cook is.
Make the DW an egg free zone.
Last Edit: 6 days 21 hours ago by horc.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 18 hours ago #178421

• The Egg
  • Thank you received: 452
Well done you. Best fan ever. I didn't go today as I had a prior engagement but I kicked every ball with Iain Dowie
WAFC - LEAGUE ONE CHAMPIONS 2018 - UP THE TICS!

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 17 hours ago #178423

• horc
  • 1st Team Manager
  • Thank you received: 478
The Egg wrote:
Well done you. Best fan ever. I didn't go today as I had a prior engagement but I kicked every ball with Iain Dowie

Nice chap Iain Dowie, I sat with him at a reserve game at Robin Park Arena a few years back.
He was scouting for someone, but had all the time in the world to chat to us. Great bloke.
Make the DW an egg free zone.

Kept to my word and didnt go today.... 6 days 16 hours ago #178425

• Vat69
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 1st Team Player
The Egg wrote:

Whats all that about? Eh?
And there you go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Football Betting Site Betway

The only place UK businesses need to come for their online marketing and advertising
Go to top