Last week a Wigan Athletic fan of many years lost their fight against Breast Cancer, her family has asked we spread the word and ask for a round of applause in the 25th minute of tonight’s game.
Annette Birchall was a season ticket holder and travelled to loads of away games with her sons and husband. But a couple of years ago she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and unfortunately died last Thursday.
The family have asked if we could do a round of applause during the 25th minutes of tonight’s game as a mark of respect for her.
Antony Birchall writes:
My wife Annette Birchall was born 25th June 1972 and sadly passed away last Thursday aged 45 years old, after a two year fight against Breast Cancer. She was a season ticket holder and went to many away trips with me and my two sons Louis & Sam Birchall.
- I was first mascot in 1978 (Antony Birchall)
- My sons was mascots in the first premiership game against Chelsea (Louis & Sam Birchall)
- My Dad ran coaches in the seventies & eighties to away games (Eddie Birchall) and had strong connections with the players back in the day Tommy Gore, Ian Purdie, Noel Ward Etc.
- Sam Birchall was ball boy for three seasons recently and as good friendship with Dale Wood.
- Wigan Athletic is a big part of our family life
In Annette’s memory We are looking for A round of applause on the 25th minute.
Cockney Latic is an independent Wigan Athletic fans site and as such, if you feel you have an article, story or feature you would like to see on the site, please let us know.
We are always looking for fans which wish to put new articles on the site, whether they are one offs, or if they become a regular feature. If you’re interested, send your details or articles to us and we will publish them or get in touch. The email as usual is email@example.com.
The upkeep of the site is funded solely from the advertising on site, from our own pockets and donations from users, if you would like donate it would be greatly appreciated, click here for donation page.