After a very successful 2017, the team at L2A are already planning for a bigger and better ride in 2018, registration is open so this is a great opportunity to get in early and raise as much as possible before next June.
Two years ago my fellow editor on Cockney Latic, John Heeley and our friend Peter Mulqueeney, decided to get their arses on bikes and represent Wigan Athletic on the Prostate Cancer ride to Amsterdam, an organised event open to fans of all football teams across the UK.
Since then more Latics (and even some Warriors) fans have jumped on board to raise money and do the ride under the banner of Wigan Athletic.
Peter is a keen cyclist and makes sure that a programme of rides is put together over the months prior to the main ride, so everyone is ready an prepared when the ‘Grand Depart’ day arrives.
Countless charity events have been created over the years and they have become part of the calendar for a lot of Latics fans and this year will be no different, promising to be bigger and better than previous years.
Cockney Latic has always been right behind them and countless readers and message board users are already on the list to do it next year.
Here’s what you need to know about #F2A2018
- You’ll be part of Football to Amsterdam – the biggest ride and party in football, backed by the English Football League and League Managers Association.
- The ride takes place on 1-3 June 2018, just two weeks before the World Cup kicks off.
- Leaving rivalries on the pitch, this is your opportunity to meet likeminded fans, staff and legends of the game from across the country and embark on an epic pedal-pilgrimage to Amsterdam.
- You’ll find the 145 miles over two days of cycling will fly by as the camaraderie and banter carries you through to the Amsterdam ArenA.
- By training for the ride you’ll find it’s a great way to get fit and shed some pounds in the lead up to the summer.
- The money you raise will go towards better diagnosis and treatment, because it’s not acceptable that one man dies every 45 minutes from this disease.
- Overall, you’ll have an unforgettable weekend away with support vehicles and food provided, unlimited football banter, lifelong friendships made and most of all, you’ll be doing something amazing to beat prostate cancer.
Keep in touch with everything that is going on via teh Wigan Athletic representatives at Latics2Amsterdam
What, you’ve already decided to do it and want to rigister now!!! Great, just go here: Registration for 2018 (£50 discount)
Cockney Latic is an independent Wigan Athletic fans site and as such, if you feel you have an article, story or feature you would like to see on the site, please let us know.
We are always looking for fans which wish to put new articles on the site, whether they are one offs, or if they become a regular feature. If you’re interested, send your details or articles to us and we will publish them or get in touch. The email as usual is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The upkeep of the site is funded solely from the advertising on site, from our own pockets and donations from users, if you would like donate it would be greatly appreciated, click here for donation page.