1/2 Glass Empty….

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 1/2 Glass Empty….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
    Player

That’s my view on the present status of our club. Performed ok against a hapless Derby ,0 pts. Did well against Bristol then succumbed late again ,1 point. Should have won yesterday,but were we really that good ? 0 points. 2 shots on target in 90 mins ,again .Moore should do better granted but playing without a real no 10 to work off him ? Why the hell did he sign him ? Geldhardt, Windass should start with him and as for Massey ? what’s his hold over Cook ? The “we are turning the corner “crew on here bang on about our solid home form subsidising our rank away balls ups but the 1st bubble in that went pop yesterday. The bottom 3 yet again inching ever nearer and here we are again still cant win away,2nd lowest scorers.Turning the corner my arse 1pt from what should have been 9. God help us then when we get round the corner !!!Heard that 1 last night…”got 5 winnable games coming up now”…..really?? 3 are away ,so that’s 2. His team set up ,substitutions yet again highlight that Cook will again spend the 2nd half of this season fighting relegation and dodging that long overdue bullet……..here it comes…..Still Cook out !!!

Hmmmmm! Derek, I’m at a kind of liberty to agree with what you are saying. I too believe we should have amassed more points than what we have gained over the last 3 – 4 matches. But without “taking our chances,” is why we find ourselves where we are. You cant really blame cook for his players not scoring no matter how hard they work on it at training.

And on the subject of cook, have you read the post by one of our members on another thread? It appears you & a few others are wasting your breath with the cook out chants. Perhaps the owners & Royle’s do have a long term plan for our club, so perhaps we should get behind them.

I agree on the subject of bringing windass & gelhardt in the team. I’d also have Lowe or Pilkington in there too. I for one do think it’s coming together- albeit slowly! But we do need to be more ruthless in front of goal. Achieve that & there would be a few more happier people on here.

cup winnerscup winners
      Player

No one can deny we deserved at least a point from yesterday. That’s another top six side I’ve seen and I’ve yet to be impressed with any.
        Theres 7 points between the top 15 clubs which proves every games their for the taking.
        The way Cook plays Moore is wrong. He will not get half a dozen when the balls whacked up to him 30 yards out and back to goal. Gelhardt’s daisy cutter proved theres another way to play him off the last defenders shoulder.
        I’ve said it before and I’m sick of tired of saying it our midfield is all of the same we’ve no ball player.

I think if Powell was here dictating from just behind Moore I’m sure we’d be 6-8points better off.
        We need a midfielder who can stitch the side together but until we do I’m afraid lobbing it up to the big lad is not the answer, surely Cook can see it.

He needs to change the way Moores used. If Cook cant then Moore needs to be dropped. 1 penalty in 15 proves it’s not working.

I’m afraid lobbing it up to the big lad is not the answer, surely Cook can see it. If he has no other option but drop Moore.

It would only work if someone was alongside him or further up the field to run onto the flick ons, like a Lowe, Gelhardt, Windass. Sadly no one is there with him & that’s why it ain’t working. This is one area which I hope cook can see isnt working as you say.

pemblue 1932pemblue 1932
        Player

I’m afraid lobbing it up to the big lad is not the answer, surely Cook can see it. If he has no other option but drop Moore.

It would only work if someone was alongside him or further up the field to run onto the flick ons, like a Lowe, Gelhardt, Windass. Sadly no one is there with him & that’s why it ain’t working. This is one area which I hope cook can see isnt working as you say.[/quote]
          As I said in another post I haven’t seen anything in this league to be afraid of, we looked good yesterday when we played the ball on the floor, and created some decent chances, with good balls into the box but no one on the end of them, the difference is other teams know how to finish and know how to nick a win as it proved yesterday and the previous games.

blueneonBlueneon
          Player

Cook needs to changed it.missed chances dont win games.also midfielders should be potting in a few goals we cant get a two lead on no one cook out off his depth or truly a stubborn fucker what was that last sub on all about yesterday. Their last goal showed how easy it’s done.cook out should have gone last December. Rant over

cup winnerscup winners
            Player

Got to agree and the loyalty to Massey just beggars belief. As proven over the past few games we’ve got the players here to comfortably hold our own in the Championship which is our main objective but, after seeing alot of the so called bigger clubs I think with some tweaking to match day team selection were more than capable of sneaking a playoff spot.

Were a 3rd of the season in and the goals aren’t coming, time for a change Cook

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
              Player

Nobbers glass flowerth over…..top of the pile. He knows his best team,creativity in the middle and score for fun(top scorers)…..credit where it’s due.

dnrdnr
                Player

If I were picking the team it would be a 3 5 2, with Mulgrew in between Dunkley and kipper, the three from yesterday in the middle with Robinson and either Byrne or Sterling wide. Moore up top with geldhart or Lowe. That’s my team. My preference is three at the back with wing backs working hard up and down.

horchorc
                  Manager

How about something more positive with the chance of a goal or two to celebrate.

Marshall

Robinson
                    Mulgrew
                    Dunkley
                    Sterling

Gelhardt
                    Williams
                    MacLeod
                    Lowe

Windass
                    Moore

cup winnerscup winners
                    Player

I would prefer a bit of width, their equalizer came from Robinson getting caught out high up the pitch. For me his direct approach is a huge positive but in doing so he sometimes get caught out especially late on in games which is exactly what happened yesterday for Swansea’s late winner.

I would like to see Pilkington back in the starting 11. At the beginning of the season he was one of our best players but for some reason he’s struggling to start a game.

If Moore is Cooks main man and hes pinning all hope on him banging the goals in then he has to change “how” he’s used.
                      I’d use Lowe Moore Pilkington it doesn’t matter which side Lowe or Pilkington go on they can cut back inside. Or try Robinson wide and drop Naismith in at leftback. At least Robinson ain’t scared at going at players.

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
                      Player

Most of us here have the same train of thought…..Moore is obviously Cooks target man so it’s hard to figure why he doesn’t have Windass,Geldhardt spinning of him. The really worrying issue for me is that after Moores 15 games he played then if Cook hasn’t played him that way then he isn’t going to. No way he’s going to suddenly have a eureka moment and drop Geldhardt on his shoulder. I think he’s sticking with this useless system through either stubbornness or simply sticking to his tactical beliefs. Either way it’s now sink or swim for him as I dont believe the bull about him still being here even if we drop………the owners may well have a long term plan but league 1 certainly wouldn’t have been included in that.

alharryalharry
                        Player

But bear in mind that the reason Robinson was caught up field was because Jacobs lost the ball when Robinson was looking for him to move it on! From memory, it was Robinson who turned back and tried to chase the Swansea player down while Jacobs did naff all after losing it. I haven’t really been a Jacobs-knocker, but he should not have been used on Saturday to break up a midfield three that were dominating – he should have been used to replace Massey (one non-contributor for another) or not at all! Massey also needs a rest – he offers nothing to the team at the moment – and we cannot play against any side in this league with 10 men!

donnys pageDonnys Page
                          Player
                            Most of us here have the same train of thought…..Moore is obviously Cooks target man so it’s hard to figure why he doesn’t have Windass,Geldhardt spinning of him. The really worrying issue for me is that after Moores 15 games he played then if Cook hasn’t played him that way then he isn’t going to. No way he’s going to suddenly have a eureka moment and drop Geldhardt on his shoulder. I think he’s sticking with this useless system through either stubbornness or simply sticking to his tactical beliefs. Either way it’s now sink or swim for him as I dont believe the bull about him still being here even if we drop………the owners may well have a long term plan but league 1 certainly wouldn’t have been included in that.

God knows what it is but it’s hasn’t brought much in the last fifty odd games. Our home form kept us up and without the form at home this season we would be well adrift. Thankfully we stayed up and the home results are keeping us out of the bottom three this time. Frustratingly we can see there are no great shakes in this league, evidenced with Nob Ends position who I wouldn’t think have any better a squad than Cooky has at his disposal. Maybe it is how the squad is used.
                            Playing Moore the way he does could work and it may be down to the three behind him to push up more. If not they need changing. At the moment it doesn’t look anything like Cooks tactics that he used with Powell and Grigg. Something changed thirteen months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 1/2 Glass Empty….