1 Defeat in 8 Games And Unbeaten Away

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 1 Defeat in 8 Games And Unbeaten Away

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    carterlaticschris carter
    Player

So after all the pundits wrote us off after the 2 opening defeats we are now on a great run with now good strength in depth.

Hopefully we can beat bolton at home and extend this great run

hung4chickshung4chicks
      Player

It’s a reasonable run of results after a disgraceful start to the season, but drawing with the likes of Newcastle,Sunderland and Birmingham is far from great.

MickyCMike
        Player
          It’s a reasonable run of results after a disgraceful start to the season, but drawing with the likes of Newcastle,Sunderland and Birmingham is far from great.

A little unfair I think. Yes, I agree it’s a reasonable run of results, however, taking points away at Newcastle and Birmingham is not bad really. Sunderland at home?…… now that was a missed opportunity.

Anonymous

Fo oking hell when did we turn into Prem billy big bo llocks

Fo oking hell when did we turn into Prem billy big bo llocks[/quote]
            Ever since the ‘We should spend, spend spend and be in the Champs League’ brigade reared their heads

Ever since site chairman Jayt said Newcastle are a team we should be beating of course.

Anonymous

Ever since site chairman Jayt said Newcastle are a team we should be beating of course.[/quote]

Your opinion does not count as you have been classed as a tight fisted obese egg chasing gimp faced kn ob yed

Thank you for those kind words. I’ve heard worse.

tickmon82tickmon82
              Player
                Ever since site chairman Jayt said Newcastle are a team we should be beating of course.

Where has he said that? In his preview he said we should come away with something and we did.

Gutted we did not see the game out until the end but still very happy with the result and even more happy with the good form. Mr. Martinez seems to be a lot more apt this season. He is learning a lot and has learned a lot. Let’s just keep it going, We can win every game until mid november easily. Haha i cant believe im saying this but the tough game is West Brom

babyparf776Babyparf776
                Player

Just a reference to one of the comments above, which said TAKING POINTS from the newcastle game, I see it as 2 points dropped rather than 1 gained seeing as we were 2 goals up going into the last quarter of the game. we seem to be improving very slightly (and i use that term loosely) but if we are to stay in this league we need to be able to hold onto a 2 goal lead.

hung4chickshung4chicks
                  Player

We got promoted in 2005 and are now an established lower mid table Premier League club.We have been in the PL longer than the 3 clubs I mentioned
                    Newcastle,Sunderland and Birmingham are in 14th, 15th and 17th place so are teams of a similar standard to us.
                    I don’t see how drawing with them can be considered great and I suspect you agree with me on that.
                    In this reasonable run of results there was one great win and that was at Tottenham.We caught them at a good time a few days after a Champions League match but life’s all about timing as someone cleverer than me once said.

We got promoted in 2005 and are now an established lower mid table Premier League club.We have been in the PL longer than the 3 clubs I mentioned
                    Newcastle,Sunderland and Birmingham are in 14th, 15th and 17th place so are teams of a similar standard to us.

Hmm and how do we compare to these clubs in terms of the following key areas all of which impact the ability to recruit and maintain a team ?

Financial position
                    Size of fan base
                    Commercial pulling power
                    Transfer and wage budget

:|

The dark side must be itching to get on and comment, but are wondering if they should wait to see if we have a slip up against Notlob or Bobby’s ex team, what a dilema.

If they wait, we might win both games and that will leave them without a chance to post for another two whole weeks. Post now or wait and hope for the slip up, what a dilema :mrgreen:

MickyCMike
                    Player
                      Just a reference to one of the comments above, which said TAKING POINTS from the newcastle game, I see it as 2 points dropped rather than 1 gained seeing as we were 2 goals up going into the last quarter of the game. we seem to be improving very slightly (and i use that term loosely) but if we are to stay in this league we need to be able to hold onto a 2 goal lead.

Interesting perspective, but I’m sure that the day before the game you would have heard a multitude of people stating that they ‘would take a point at SJP’ – if only to maintain our momentum.

We all know about ‘dropped points’ – Chelsea….1st game, how Burnley must have felt in that 93rd minute and ‘That’ Arsenal game. I agree….we are indeed improving, but we are not the only team not able to hold on to a two goal lead (check Northampton at home to Hereford yesterday).

Taking points away is always a bonus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 1 Defeat in 8 Games And Unbeaten Away