£10 million

Forums Latics Crazy Forum £10 million

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    JaytJayt
    Chairman

If the stories are right this morning and I am not saying they are as it is that time of the close season when journos will make anything up to fill space in the papers, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are trying scupper QPR’s £10m move for Moses.

Am I right in thinking that the player would normally like to be invloved in these negotiations?

If so, are all the representitives and agents of these clubs taking a break in Nigeria, or is Moses playing for the Eagles a smoke screen and he is really in the UK?

FA Cup Winners 2013, sounds good that

Not sure Victor will be of much use in any negotiations – he can’t string three words together. Best to leave it to his agent, I reckon

SammySammy
      Player
        Not sure Victor will be of much use in any negotiations – he can’t string three words together. Best to leave it to his agent, I reckon

Obviously, as Victor would say!

filmossfilmoss
        Player

Obviously, as Victor would say![/quote]

David Beckham holds the World record for using the word “obviously” out of context in a concise post match interview ! :)

JohnDoeTony
          Player

Obviously.

If the stories are right this morning and I am not saying they are as it is that time of the close season when journos will make anything up to fill space in the papers, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are trying scupper QPR’s £10m move for Moses.

Am I right in thinking that the player would normally like to be invloved in these negotiations?

If so, are all the representitives and agents of these clubs taking a break in Nigeria, or is Moses playing for the Eagles a smoke screen and he is really in the UK?

The only point at which a player & his representatives should become involved in any negotiations is when their current club accepts a bid from another club. Until then they are not supposed to be in contact with any club other than the one they’re contracted to – unless they’re in the last 6 months of an existing contract
            Incidentally sky sports news is reporting that Latics have rejected a bid from cheslea for moses. The internet article I have just read doesn’t mention a fee but my mate (who must be watching the telly) says they are reporting that the bid was £4mill

I just thought the link was made as we have Chelski first game, and they will do anything to unsettle old Wigan !

MickyCMike
            Player

The only point at which a player & his representatives should become involved in any negotiations is when their current club accepts a bid from another club. Until then they are not supposed to be in contact with any club other than the one they’re contracted to – unless they’re in the last 6 months of an existing contract
              Incidentally sky sports news is reporting that Latics have rejected a bid from cheslea for moses. The internet article I have just read doesn’t mention a fee but my mate (who must be watching the telly) says they are reporting that the bid was £4mill[/quote]

You’re a ‘man in the know’ and I’m feeling a bit lazy this affty – do you know anything about this quote/rule DW has been mentioning where he says “he’s a year left on his contract and he wont go on a free as he is under 24”.

Maybe something I’ve forgotton in the past…….

Not sure that I’m “in the know” on this, but as I understand it when the Bosman rules were established it stated that any player out of contract could move for free, but if they were under 24 there was to be some form of fee involved in order to compensate the selling club for the expense of having brought the player through.
              Again, as I understand it any fee is decided independently (unless the 2 clubs can agree a fee) & is based on factors such as the cost of bringing him through the system, what they were currently earning & what the current club are prepared to offer in terms of a new contract.
              Chelsea did it with Daniel Sturridge & were made to pay City £3.5mill so that might give some indication as to what Latics could expect for Moses if it went to this panel i.e. a lot less bearing in mind Latics will not be paying Moses what City were paying Sturridge & Latics didn’t bring him through their youth system
              So either I’ve got the way it works wrong, Whelan has got it wrong or Whelan is prepared to take a vastly reduced fee next summer if Moses doesn’t sign a new deal this year coz by my thinking Latics would be lucky to get £2mill for Moses next summer – which is probably why Chelsea have come in with such a low bid

Anonymous

If we get £10 million for a striker that has scored 19 goals in 130 matches, I will be very suprised to say the least. The majority of those goals didn’t even come in the Premiership! Why the heck would teams wanting to challenge to win the supposedly best league in the world want to take a punt on Moses?

vincehillvinceHill
                Player

£7 million will probably swing the deal and i hope he goes to Chelsea rather than QPR.He has been a decent player for us but needs to work on his goal scoring and especially his passing(hes a greedy get).
                  A fee like that for a Moses will be good business but he should heed the ‘curse’ of players who move on from Latics.

I just thought the link was made as we have Chelski first game, and they will do anything to unsettle old Wigan !

Really?

Flake.

williestrokerwilliam
                  Player

Tedious !,boring !

DavidGrayDavid Gray
                    Player

Victor dribbles while Norwich doesn’t

Best of luck if he does go…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum £10 million