10 points dropped from winning positions

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 10 points dropped from winning positions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    galacTICSanjay Shah
    Player

Say what you want about our shaky defence (how on earth did S Caldwell get on the bench ahead of Piscu), soft centre midfield or lack of clinical finishing, the fact is that we do have the talent and ability to get ourselves deservedly ahead in games.

What we lack is the nous and confidence to use that ability to build upon those leads and as a result we’ve chucked points away.

The tactics seem to be to protect, not improve our lead, as if we’re lucky to find ourselves in such a position. So be it, but you don’t do that by simply reverting to a slowed down version of our quick passing attacking game.

I actually felt for the players in the second half. They must have been brimming with confidence at the break and that all got taken away by the half time tactical talk.

I dont think at all its to do with half time team talks, more the fact that we can have a good half against teams, but to do it for 90 minutes we struggle.

Teams that are a goal down at half time against us come out and give it a go, knowing our shakey defence will struggle.

I have to say fitness in the squad is awful. We should be playing with a sweeper to stop the tide of goals.

We have missed our chance over christmas, too many draws or defeats against teams at the bottom. The onyl teams we have done the business over are West Brom and Wolves, we needed to do it over at least 4 teams to survive…

remember it aint over till the fat lady sings:

As I pointed out yesterday Edinburgh in another thread whilst I acknowledge that teams such as WBA adapt their tactics to “have more of a go” at us, I think Ronnie Stam has gievn us an insight into the fact that it is also a deliberate tactic of Latics to sit back once in front & invite teams on to us in the attempt to exploit the space behind them.
      That’s all very well & good if you have defenders & midfielders with the ability to withstand that pressure but Latics don’t & Bobby should realise that but he just keeps sticking his hand into the fire no matter how much it burns.
      Latics have shown in the first half on Tuesday & in many other games what their strengths are & they should play to those

Fair point made again.

keepthefaithkeepthefaith
      Player

I missed the first half due to work and by the time I got home and saw the 2nd half I thought that we had at least 1 man sent off due to the hoof up field and sitting back to defend with everyone behind the ball. Against a side with the worst defense in the league!

mcgooseMcGoose
        Player

5 points gained from losing positions.

laticscrazyLaticsCrazy
          Player
            5 points gained from losing positions.

Improvement I think from this time last season, by 1 point.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 10 points dropped from winning positions