14 weeks to the new season.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 14 weeks to the new season.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    donnys pageDonnys Page
    Player

There has allready been communication from DS which is in a very positive mode. Latics fans have regulsrly been asking for improved communication so Day 1 of a new start is looking good and the positive vibrations coming from above are a good thing. DS, the board and marketing department must keep this up and continuously promote the club with positive intentions to keep the interest of fans up and further promote interest in new supporters. It would be fair to say that the majority of posters on here and other forums will not be jumping ship and will be right behind the club. We have 14 weeks ourselves to promote Latics in a positive light amongst friends, relatives and work mates. We all now just have to look at all the amazing things about following our fantastic club and move on. Today is the first day in a new era and division one may be just what we need to bring the feel good back. Cup runs and taking scalps again a Latics tradition should also not be taken for granted. Anything to take the staleness away and bring the freshness back. We all have to embrace any little positive thing about Latics and if Gary can get the side motivated and playing good football with a winning mentality even the biggest critics of one up front tippy tappy will back him to the hilt.
      I dont feel so pissed off today, the debacle we have witnessed all season has now been put to bed and it is onward to next year and hopefully a lot of wins. Fourteen weeks can not come soon enough but let us hope the najority of the squad are together and the wantaways away
      Come on our Latics.

Who are you, and what have you done with donny’s page? ;) :P

donnys pageDonnys Page
      Player

Relieved the agony is all over and things are going to be on the up from now.

jrfatfanjrfatfan
        Player

Donnys Page, the leader of the Lightsiders for the 2015-16 season. [Donny turns round and walks to face the TV camera folding his arms, in a pose like they show on Sky Sports when introducing the teams] :cheer:

From Matlock to ManU
          What a journey!

donnys pageDonnys Page
          Player

Ha Ha. It has to be the allsiders now light or dark. We wont walk this new league and shouldn’t expect to. It took a few attempts last time with some great players to do it with. Had a few piss takers at work today and they just couldn’t get me going. At one time we would have done anything to get up to the third tier. There is nothing wrong with the third tier. It is a league to be respected and if we take the Billy Big Bollox attitude as a club or fans we deserve to be in for a shock. If we respect the league we are in and the clubs and fans in the third tier we will get respect back and hopefully move on up again.
            We will have to deserve a promotion and earn it both on and off the field.

vincehillvinceHill
            Player

Positive post but heard the same thing when we were relegated from the prem two years back and also the same last season so I’m certainly not buying this time round.
              Funny how the email message from little Dave had a banner promoting season tickets from next Tuesday which says it all and it will take a lot more than that for more people to be convinced.
              I only feel one emotion today and that is anger at something that could easily been avoided,FFS a micro club and I mean micro club like Bournemouth have acheived premier status with very little money and we couldn’t even consolidate our position in the championship and we have far more money than them!!!
              I love the club and i will be there next season but they have to show more than a few choice words and I am far from convinced that we will see anything different next year.
              I am very interested to see what the ST prices will be also .

blueneonBlueneon
              Player

Season tickets will be cheaper due to not spending the 11 mill for the sales of Jimmy mc authur snd Callum Mac. :cheer:

thty5yearswafctrevor hoy
                Player
                  Season tickets will be cheaper due to not spending the 11 mill for the sales of Jimmy mc authur snd Callum Mac. :cheer:

Pillock

donnys pageDonnys Page
                  Player

Running a football club costs a fortune. We know now it is not just a simple thing as sell players or receive your parachute payments and spend it all on players. Look at the finances at Cardiff, Blackburn and Bolton and the debts they have. Crazy debt and that is just to sustain a position in the Championship. Compare them with Burnley who have not played the ‘spend the greed money game’ and gambled. They may be relegated but relegated with a sustainable club for quite a few years. Same as us and once the anger subsides at least we can look at things and see we have a strong healthy and financially sound club because at some stage the banks and investors in the Cardiffs, Blackburns and Boltons will call their money in and there will be another Portsmouth or Leeds or worse still a Hereford United, Newport County or Maidstone United. Maybe there needs to be! To wake football up.

crammy yickcrammy yick
                    Player

Would be nice if we could continue with positive news from the chairman, maybe we can sign Kimbo and Pennant up even before the Brentford game, now we know where we are at for next season. I would be pleased with that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 14 weeks to the new season.