Forums Latics Crazy Forum 16,152

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    john matrixJohn Matrix
    Player

I even know one lad who used to support Blackburn (Hiya Paul Ashy ;) ).

I think this may be me you are talking about from my younger days at Abraham Guest!!

filmossfilmoss
      Player

I think this may be me you are talking about from my younger days at Abraham Guest!!

Why ? Is your name Paul Ashy ?

pembertonianPembertonian
        Player

Trouble is imo there are 2 teams in Wigan,support split 50/50.
          Your Bolton’s-Burnley-Blackburn etc 1team hence larger support and that’s a fact no one consider’s.

Think the balance could shift to the rugby in a big way. They could secure top spot this evening, have a good coach and big players signed for next season.
          Latics are the opposite.[/quote]
          A minority sport vs the biggest sport in the world. I don’t think so.

The rugby had Att: 13,619 on toneet!

12’000 Wigan Athletic fans on Saturday.
          12’000 Wigan Warriors fans on Sunday.

AbramLaticAbramLatic
          Player

That, B&W army, sums up the problem of support perfectly. You’ve got 1 team beginning its season in the top flight and another having just about won the league, in its last home game and yet just 24K Wiganers turn up, despite as far as I know, both games being reasonably priced for the 2 clubs.

Too many Wiganers, unfortunately want to see their teams play, but only if its from the comfort of their own home or the pub.

We’ve already seen the disgraceful lack of support that Latics get in this town, the town wouldn’t get off its backside to watch Bruce’s side that nearly got us into Europe.

We’ve got a club to be proud of, supporters that turn up every week and love the club, yet we’re let down by a town that doesn’t want to get down to the DW, no matter what anyone does. We could have a season like Fulham’s last season and still some Wiganers wouldn’t watch us

pembertonianPembertonian
            Player

The rugby had Att: 13,619 on toneet!

12’000 Wigan Athletic fans on Saturday.
              12’000 Wigan Warriors fans on Sunday.[/quote]
              You need to change your calculator :lol:

Drove up from Nottingham with my 10 year old lad. I only get to about half a dozen games each season due to the distance I live from Wigan – so you can all shoot me down for being a part time fan. The performance was shocking…. but the crowd was more of a joke.
              Not getting past 20,000 and at the price of tickets this season is shocking, and a huge embarrassment. Dave Whelan as got every right to put us up for sale and sod the lot (few?) of us. 6th season in the Prem league, and still can’t generate interest from the locals. Not surprising the players want to leave – if the locals can’t be bothered to turn up and cheer why should be players show an passion?
              Was optimistic about this season, but after the way the team played, and the complete lack of interest from Wigan in their own team, I can’t see any reason why Wigan deserve to keep Premiership status.

jrfatfanjrfatfan
              Player

One mon at work today said he watched the Wigan v Hudds game on sky and it showed fans straeming over the bridge with 5 mins on the clock with the game in the balance.

WTF is all that about. At least our fans did have something to do the early walk for. It’s not that they had to beat the saturday afternoon shopping traffic or out. That is a total joke and confirms that this town is and always will be blue !! :o

From Matlock to ManU
                What a journey!

trueblue83trueblue83
                Player
                  One mon at work today said he watched the Wigan v Hudds game on sky and it showed fans straeming over the bridge with 5 mins on the clock with the game in the balance.

WTF is all that about. At least our fans did have something to do the early walk for. It’s not that they had to beat the saturday afternoon shopping traffic or out. That is a total joke and confirms that this town is and always will be blue !! :o

Yeah I saw that. There were 3 fans walking over the bridge, your mate is lying.

jrfatfanjrfatfan
                  Player

Yeah I saw that. There were 3 fans walking over the bridge, your mate is lying.[/quote]

But he also said the commentators couldn’t get over the fact that supporters were leaving the ground in numbers, so I believe my mate and not you, so there. :roll:
                    13,000 and top of the league. It’s only a matter of time before the poor excuse for a sport folds up. :shock:

From Matlock to ManU
                    What a journey!

The EggThe Egg
                    Chairman
                      But he also said the commentators couldn’t get over the fact that supporters were leaving the ground in numbers, so I believe my mate and not you, so there. :roll:
                      13,000 and top of the league. It’s only a matter of time before the poor excuse for a sport folds up. :shock:

They couldn’t. There were however not thousands. A guy who sits near me leaves every week with 5 minutes to go to avoid traffic regardless of the score. Personally I can’t understand it, but each to their own.

blueneonBlueneon
                      Player

Yeah I saw that. There were 3 fans walking over the bridge, your mate is lying.[/quote]

13,000 and top of the league. It’s only a matter of time before the poor excuse for a sport folds up. :shock: [/quote]
                        JR, I would laugh my stones off :D the day that does happen,but you do realise our Chubby Lodgers would,nt Support any other oval shape ball team, :oops: this means we would have to put up with em sat next to us,Get em on side ref,Billy boston,shawn edwards andy farrellmartin offia and more of the glory story of the KLUMPS :lol: :lol: :lol: we could have our own topic,lodgers R,I,P,I would,nt miss em. :roll: :roll: :roll:

pembertonianPembertonian
                        Player

That’s what the club needs Ashy. More JCL’s and bandwagoners like yourself to lift attendances and get more Wiganers involved.
                          Who was it you had on the back of your shirt, Shearer?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 16,152