1978, crowds, spats

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 1978, crowds, spats

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SASSAS
    Player
      Hindley blueHindley blue
      Player
        mike_hoquesbigIan Cusick
        Player

Good article, keep ’em coming. This site is starting to get something like it used to be with new writers on and everything, might try myself!

spot on

landgatebluelandgateblue
          Player
            Good article, keep ’em coming. This site is starting to get something like it used to be with new writers on and everything, might try myself!

:text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost:

:romance-grouphug: …it seems to be working wonders between the two factions….

SammySammy
            Player

http://www.cockneylatic.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=974:wigan-athletic-1978-and-all-that-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50
              An interesting article but I would also have pointed out the following to the Birmingham supporter:-
              a) that they (Birmingham City FC) have not really set the footballing world alight given the distinction of being a club in the second largest city in the UK and having only three other comparable clubs within that city.
              b) that given the above criteria, a ground capacity of only 30,000 in a city the size of Birmingham is a pretty poor reflection on the ambitions of the club.
              c) that the consensus is that Wigan Athletic’s election to the football league, and therefore ultimate worth as a Premier League club, was as a result of the performance they gave in an FA Cup game at Birmingham in 1978 which resulted in Birmingham adding their not inconsiderable weight at the time (Sir Alf Ramsey was their manager) to our successful campaign for league status.
              d) that we recently beat them 2-1 after coming back from being a goal down.

Birmingham are that massive club that every body wants to support.my bet is that he has never been to st andrews, toss pot.

Who is this new penned wonder called, JF? Anyone I know?

JaytJayt
              Chairman

I know him ;) :dance:

Is it tempting you to come out of retirement?

FA Cup Winners 2013, sounds good that

Possibly, if we’re all starting to play like grown ups.

I’ll probably never finish that second book, so I may as well ;)

Possibly, if we’re all starting to play like grown ups.

I’ll probably never finish that second book, so I may as well ;)

I reckon we could do with a few more up and coming young writers submitting their scribbles. Would you be doing it as an alias Griff? Just so folk don’t form an opinion before they’ve even read it?

Forgot to mention that I’d finished reading your first creation – and very enjoyable it was too. The Mrs has even made a start on it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 1978, crowds, spats