20 years…10 years…0 years ago…

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 20 years…10 years…0 years ago…

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

20 years ago this weekend (ish) I stood distraught with maybe a thousand other hardy souls on the popular side at Springfield Park, having just watched Port Vale thrash us 4-0 to as good as condemn us to the first relegation in our history, wondering if there would a team to support next season.

10 years ago, I was jumping around like a loon with 4,000 away fans at the McAlpine in ‘Uddersfield, as a late Swindon goal at Crewe meant a goalless draw had confirmed as Division 2 champions.

Yesterday, I watched with 21,000 others as we got through the FA Cup Final, and with Citeh winning today it looks as if we’ve qualified for Europe too.

All the nay-sayers can feck off. I bloody love this club :lol:

pembertonianPembertonian
      Player

It’s alright having the millions, but you need to know how to spend them. A remarkable rise.

Anonymous

Something that struck me at Wembley (it wasn’t from Millwall…) was the names of all the FA Cup winners around the stands.

Clapham Rovers, Old Etonians, Oxford University (thought they did rowing :dry: ) to name 3…

Apparently its 25 years since the last “new” Fa Cup winner…

11th May 2013…be there when history is made :woohoo:

Anonymous

40 years ago, in a couple of weeks time…we lost at Wembley.

In the FA trophy :ohmy:

Anonymous

And its 40 years since the biggest cup final upset post war…Sunderland beating Leeds…

For our younger viewers that’s like Millwall beating Barcelona :ohmy:

We have a 100% win record at the new Wembley…cant argue with statistics….keep the faith :woohoo:

Anonymous
                20 years ago this weekend (ish) I stood distraught with maybe a thousand other hardy souls on the popular side at Springfield Park, having just watched Port Vale thrash us 4-0 to as good as condemn us to the first relegation in our history, wondering if there would a team to support next season.

10 years ago, I was jumping around like a loon with 4,000 away fans at the McAlpine in ‘Uddersfield, as a late Swindon goal at Crewe meant a goalless draw had confirmed as Division 2 champions.

Yesterday, I watched with 21,000 others as we got through the FA Cup Final, and with Citeh winning today it looks as if we’ve qualified for Europe too.

All the nay-sayers can feck off. I bloody love this club :lol:

Flashback to that Port Vale game of their player, Robin Van Der Laan, with his long flowing locks. Battered us that day.

In 1985 we won the Freight Rover at Wembley.

14 years later in 1999 we won the Autowindscreens Shield at Wembley.

2013 is 14 years on again ………..

2013 is 14 years on again ………..[/quote]

So on that theme of 14, Jordi Gomez ( number 14 0 scores the winner !

Anonymous

2013 is 14 years on again ………..[/quote]
                  I’m expecting a comfortable 14-0 victory.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 20 years…10 years…0 years ago…