24 Hrs for Wigaaaan

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 24 Hrs for Wigaaaan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    cup winnerscup winners
    Player

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22628235

And to keep us occupied ;-

24HRS FOR WIGAAAAN !
      or
      24HRS FOR BOBBEEEEE !

(hat’s on woooosh)

xxxxxmick
      Player

Bet he is thinking over the stoke job,they have given him 48hrs to decide.Plus they have a lot of money to spend.

THE TORCHBERT
        Player

Lets hope so goodpost secret agent martinez :P

Bet he is thinking over the stoke job,they have given him 48hrs to decide.Plus they have a lot of money to spend.

Very much doubt him even considering the Stoke job. If anywhere, I can see it being either Everton or Malaga.

xxxxxmick
          Player

Very much doubt him even considering the Stoke job. If anywhere, I can see it being either Everton or Malaga.[/quote]

Malaga may be kicked out of Europa cup and skint by all accounts.
            Everton will have to sell ,so they can make signings.A lot of their sky money going on paying debts off.Stoke loads of money available to bring in players,but will take time to adjust to the martinez style.Don’t think the fans will like a few heavy losses along the way.

tertsflantertsflan
            Player

To be fair, something Stoke have is a good defence, something I wish we had had for just two more games over the last season. With that base there already, it is only half a midfield and a striker he would need to start off.

I would be disappointed if he went there as I still think he would better here than there even in the Championship, plus my gut says if he is going to move on it will be to Malaga (or abroad somewhere) – I don’t reckon he’ll go Everton either.

Very much doubt him even considering the Stoke job. If anywhere, I can see it being either Everton or Malaga.[/quote]

Why Malaga?

They have been a yo yo nothing club in Spain for years until a rich Arab bought them and injected some money, he has now withdrawn that financial backing leaving them in the lurch and having to sell all their better players, a transfer embargo and possible ban from playing in Europe.

Malaga are smaller as a club than either Everton or even Stoke, they barely even receive the income we will get with parachute payments for the coming season, there income last year was € 47 million with nearly €20 million of this coming from their champions league run, their income for this year will be less than € 30 million – roughly what we receive in the championship.

tertsflantertsflan
              Player

You’re probably right about Malaga LMB, unless he really wants a big challenge, but can’t help think he’ll be abroad or at Wigan.

I guess we’ll know in the next day or so, just want it done quick so we can move on.

Anonymous

I would be surprised if he went to Malaga and absolutely stunned if Stoke became his new home. I don’t see Stoke as the next level in his managerial development as he’d need a 10 year plan to hone that squad to his football philosophy. I see Everton as the more likely move but he may announce his departure tomorrow leaving himself the next couple of weeks to browse the vacancy columns. It wouldn’t be a total shock if he decided to continue with us for another season but whatever his decision he will make it sooner rather than later in respect to Dave Whelan and the club and we cant ask anymore than that. Over to you Roberto !!!

FockyFocky
                  Player

One thing he has with Wigan, which he will not have with a move anywhere, is security. At 39?, and if you were in his position, what would you do (that’s to everyone)? I’d stay and build a team at Wigan rather than a punt for some non committed chair or board. Will Everton be happy with 8th in the league? Would be a success for Martinez but not for the fans or board.

Well of the available jobs i cant see him doing anything and would expect his career to fade out. Malaga – No Chance of that job surely. They are back in the Europa league and have cleared their debts. Everton – On the way down the league. Their 10 year cycle is coming to an end, Best players will be leaving and Kenwright won’t give Martinez what he would need to buy a new team. He spent a fair bit here and we went nowhere in terms of league position.

And Stoke – Fucking come on, Stoke? Someone is taking the piss. If he goes there i don’t want him to do well. That is turning your back on everything he said he stood for and said. He said he would put us in a better position. Well money wise yes because we had 4 years in the Premiership with him but who is to say someone else wouldn’t have done that. Playing wise, Only sometimes im afraid. Better position in the league, Hell no, We have been relegated. He has got something to prove. He needs to show everyone that he can build a fresh team and get one up to the Premier League. Stoke is an easy way out and a piss poor option. I wouldn’t forgive him for going there.

I would applaud him because he is an adopted Wiganer and he is also a martyr for winning the F.A Cup but Stoke is too much of an easy way out.

BluedayNeil weaver
                    Player

He’s still under contract so don’t think whelan will let him resign as he would lose compo. The more you consider his options or at least those 3 we know about you can see very good reasons why he wouldn’t go to any of them. Most likely he will see out his contract with Wigan, hope to get us back up during that time, tout his name and credentials in europa league and then sit back to wait for the right opportunity.

xxxxxmick
                      Player
                        To be fair, something Stoke have is a good defence, something I wish we had had for just two more games over the last season. With that base there already, it is only half a midfield and a striker he would need to start off.

I would be disappointed if he went there as I still think he would better here than there even in the Championship, plus my gut says if he is going to move on it will be to Malaga (or abroad somewhere) – I don’t reckon he’ll go Everton either.

Yes,but trying to get that defence to play out from the back,will mean a few big defeats with the mistakes they will make.

vincehillvinceHill
                        Player

He needs to sit tight and conduct the inevitable departures of our better players and start to build for next season and beyond.
                          Stoke city ???????????????????
                          A bit like muffin the mule appearing in a snuff movie-that(none) football clubso far removed from his principles and footballing ethos that to even imagine he will end up there fills me with dread.
                          Dont do it Roberto you are much better than that and far too much of a gentleman to have to put up with some of the issues allegedly going on at that club.
                          That said i have a sneaky feeling he will stay put although he will be under more pressure than he has ever been in since he came in 2009.

xxxxxmick
                          Player

SO was Tony Pulis stabbed in the back by plotters behind the scenes at the Britannia Stadium?

Or was he merely an inevitable victim of the club’s progressive desire to steer the ship with more of a head coach than a manager?

This was taken from a Staffordshire paper.They are bringing in a director of football.etc etc.Is;nt that the reason Martinez didn’t go to Liverpool?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 24 Hrs for Wigaaaan