3 Questions

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 3 Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    tea bag headTea Bag Head
    Player

could do a whole lot more but try these three puzzlers for starters

1. Why are we a team of two halves at home – some of the first half performances have been excellent, then second half you just know whats coming – abysmal

2. Why oh why when Charlies is running the left back ragged and is our most potent attacking threat do we switch him to the left wing where he never touches the ball – usually happens about 10 – 15 mins into 2nd half

3. Why does our manager persist in Gomez – someone please tell me what quality he adds to the team

psklpaul tymon
      Player
        could do a whole lot more but try these three puzzlers for starters

1. Why are we a team of two halves at home – some of the first half performances have been excellent, then second half you just know whats coming – abysmal

2. Why oh why when Charlies is running the left back ragged and is our most potent attacking threat do we switch him to the left wing where he never touches the ball – usually happens about 10 – 15 mins into 2nd half

3. Why does our manager persist in Gomez – someone please tell me what quality he adds to the team

ask martinez because everyone else is confused as well,

ticsladTicslad
        Player

Only one man can answer those questions and if Whelan has any sense you will find him at the job centre. :x

mighty_affStu L
          Player
            Only one man can answer those questions and if Whelan has any sense you will find him at the job centre. :x

One more big defeat and the Spaniards ‘revolution’ will be over.

landgatebluelandgateblue
            Player

One more big defeat and the Spaniards ‘revolution’ will be over.[/quote]

I bet you it wont be……… ;)

Answers
              1. Opposing teams change tactics in the second half, we find it hard to cope. I suspect they dont head out there to play poor in the secong half.
              2. Because they placed 3 men on him when they realised his threat, we ahd to move him to give him a chance.
              3. He is the scape goat to make Scotland look good :)

jamescJamesC
              Player
                3. He is the scape goat to make Scotland look good :)

Would clearly prefer Gomez in my team than Scotland.

I would have agreed with you in the past but the tide is turning a bit for me. I thought Scotland was excellent last night. Only thing missing was a goal. Pretty crucial, I know, but he did well.

jamescJamesC
                Player

I would have agreed with you in the past but the tide is turning a bit for me. I thought Scotland was excellent last night. Only thing missing was a goal. Pretty crucial, I know, but he did well.[/quote]

Think Scotland needs to turn at goal a bit quicker when he gets the ball, seems to take a lifetime before deciding whether to pass it or turn to goal. I would probably still prefer Gomez though, he didn’t have time to get into the game yesterday, and he won a header!!! :D

Scotland won 3 headers last night. :shock:

Glory be!! :D

tea bag headTea Bag Head
                  Player

Fair points Edinbro – but I guessed those answers myself months ago – look at the bigger picture

1. Teams do change tactics at half time – best example Birmingham, RM and his staff must know this but are blind to it – no plan B

2. Charlie – yes they have 2 if not 3 men on him in first half – same 2nd that must create space elsewhere on the field surely, RM and his staff must realise this. Take advantage of the space dont move Charlie – no plan B

3. Given up on number 3

jamescJamesC
                    Player

Gomez wasn’t on for a 1/3 of the time Scotland was (I think) .. so Gomez had a better header/time on the pitch ratio :D . Also Scotlands a big lad put up there to win headers :)

alex_wiganAlex Whalley
                      Player

Scotland played well last night.

The only thing that I can think of with Gomez is he must be good in training.

N’Zogbia is a natural left sided player so to switch him isn’t a bad idea every now and again.

We should have been 3 up by half time as we should in previous games, this must change and hopefully it will.

Next game is Bolton, we need a comfortable win to kick start our season and fingers crossed for a bit of luck, we don’t seem to get any at the moment but the old saying goes you make your own luck.

Roll on next wednesday!

horchorc
                        Manager

Gomez wasn’t on for a 1/3 of the time Scotland was (I think) .. so Gomez had a better header/time on the pitch ratio :D . Also Scotlands a big lad put up there to win headers :) [/quote]

Are you as daft as your posts suggest.
                          Didn’t have time to get in the game?? He’s had over half a season and has still not managed to get in a game.
                          He is not good enough, and should have been got rid of along with de Ridder and Kapo.
                          Scotland was having a half decent game, so why take him off?

[/quote]

I would have agreed with you in the past but the tide is turning a bit for me. I thought Scotland was excellent last night. Only thing missing was a goal. Pretty crucial, I know, but he did well.[/quote

Totally agree with u griff , he worked to c/backs great game AND HE TAKES HIM OFF ……. WHY…….IF HE HAD BEEN SH1T BET HE WOULD HAVE LEFT HIM ON

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 3 Questions