4-4-2

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jrfatfanjrfatfan
    Player

It was interesting to see how Coyle’s 4-4-2 formation faired against a very good looking Boro side.

My view and Bobby’s view, is that playing a traditional 4-4-2 means that you only need one or two of your mid fielders to lose their battle against the opposing players and suddenly you are over run.

Chances weren’t coming from open play yesterday, the two goals scored by us came from dead ball situations.

It does make for an open game, but I would sooner win the ball keep possession and get our mid fielders to get forward quicker and support the forwards.

Having seen us use the 4-4-2 formation what are the views of the fans on here who were crying out for this to happen. OK it may take time for the players to get used to it, but will it work week in week out? I’m not totally convinced. :dry:

From Matlock to ManU
      What a journey!

Neither am I JR. that formation is a bit dated now and teams can play effectively against it. and we need to be more flexible with our formations in europe particularly.

Martinez had ideal wing backs in Boyce and Beausejour that let him play three at the back. Unfortunately, we haven’t got three fit players who can play at the back. Besides, I think Coyle will stick to a conventional back four.

We’ve got a dozen midfield players who offer endless variety. What formation would you suggest to face Forest?

Right side of midfield remains a problem. McManaman seems our only natural player there. I’d like to pair up McArthur with McCarthy, and Maloney with Beausejour. Perhaps we could go back to one up front with;

McArthur
      Gomez, McCarthy, Beausejour,
      Maloney
      Holt/Fortune

Martinez had ideal wing backs in Boyce and Beausejour that let him play three at the back. Unfortunately, we haven’t got three fit players who can play at the back. Besides, I think Coyle will stick to a conventional back four.

We’ve got a dozen midfield players who offer endless variety. What formation would you suggest to face Forest?

Right side of midfield remains a problem. McManaman seems our only natural player there. I’d like to pair up McArthur with McCarthy, and Maloney with Beausejour. Perhaps we could go back to one up front with;

McArthur
      Gomez, McCarthy, Beausejour,
      Maloney
      Holt/Fortune

Id start McLean (beausejour) and espinoza (mcCarthy) to give us more pace in midfield and a winger who will take defenders on.

We’ve got all these left-sided players!

I’d settle for one one of Beausejour, Espinoza and McClean.

I think McCarthy will be more reliable in the centre – even in his current form – to smother the threat of Forest.

We may well need substitutes again. Who’s going to take the free kicks?

bob16alec almond
      Player

Mcarthy has been in his worst form ever,and doesnt seem bothered.Exit door beckons.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2