4-4-2

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wilfuckhamtony jones
    Player

the sooner we go back to basics the better. all this shite of playing players out of position, changing tactics two or three times during a game is total bollocks. the players don’t know whether they are coming or going. the sooner rosler realizes we are in the championship and picks a system, stick to it, so the players know what’s what, we might get somewhere. for me rosler is full of theory, well he’s full of something! lets have a go at playing two up front. the last two or three games i’ve felt sorry for fortune, he’s up there on his own, back to goal , two centre halves up his arse, and he’s expected to score. when he gets it, there’s nobody anywhere near him to help him out. i will bet most teams in the championship play with two strikers. burnley, leicester, q.p.r. didn’t catch any harm playing two up last season. we have not got the players for rosler to be friggin about with all sorts of systems and rotations and theories, just pick the system, so the players know what’s required of them and get on with it, can’t be any worse than the dross we’ve been witnessing.

donnys pageDonnys Page
      Player

Or maybe just play a settled team. Every match for our players is like the first match of the season. But, who are we? Surely Mr Whelan can see this too and he has shown patience up to now but he wont be patient for much longer. Like at the end of 2011/12 when he interfered with Bobs stubborn ways the football philosophy change and that miracle occurred.
        This downturn in form has been there since March last year but face it we ragged many a win during that great run prior to last March.
        So starting with two strikers like Burnley and Leicester last season and a settled team could not be any worse than this fiasco.
        By strikers I mean strikers and not the three up front comprising of midfielders out wide and one of these would play straight down the middle and not from wing to wing playing an occasional visit to the box.

martinhmartinh
        Player

There’s a first time for everything so here goes: I agree with Donnys. Especially now that he’s stopped sending me Rosler Out texts and backed him to stay. For my money our best two up top would be Waghorn and Riera. I’d also play two wingers but I’d maybe sacrifice one to allow for Maloney or Edpinoza to roam wherever they wanted.

Tez HTerry Hill
          Player

Martin you are of course correct in what you are saying and speak, I’m sure, for the majority. To be honest I think Waghorn Riera and Delort could work. I actually think all 3 are hungry and would bag us goals.

jrfatfanjrfatfan
            Player
              Martin you are of course correct in what you are saying and speak, I’m sure, for the majority. To be honest I think Waghorn Riera and Delort could work. I actually think all 3 are hungry and would bag us goals.

….from passes, crosses supplied by who? :huh:

From Matlock to ManU
              What a journey!

Tez HTerry Hill
              Player

….from passes, crosses supplied by who? :huh:[/quote

Do you not know any of our players?

jrfatfanjrfatfan
                Player

Do you not know any of our players?[/quote]

Yip but if half of our players are in the box waiting for crosses to come in, the opposition will be tapping into an empty net having broke away 4 on 3 or summut.
                  If you don’t win the ball you don’t make chances and to win the ball, you need to be competitive in midfield. Playing 442 the other week resulted in us losing midfield and creating jack shyte. Your theory would be good if we were allowed the same number of players on the field as they do in Rugby Union. :unsure:

From Matlock to ManU
                  What a journey!

Every formation gets found out at times depending on the opposition and how they play. There are pro’s and con’s with them all. You can play 5 in midfield which suits certain teams but the minute you come up against a long ball outfit who hoofs it then your extra man in the centre is a waste of time. They all work sometimes but not all the time so this debate will never be over. The great Utd teams of the past all played with wingers and they used every inch of the pitch, a very British style of play now deemed obsolete. Im of the old adage the best form of defence is attack and the ball will always have more chance of staying in your opponents half if you play 2 up front as opposed to a lone striker. Look how many of Englands finest loved playing with Heskey because of his style of play so who knows if Holt could do that job if he comes back. The great managers know when and how to set up depending on who they are up against.

Tez HTerry Hill
                  Player

Do you not know any of our players?[/quote]

Yip but if half of our players are in the box waiting for crosses to come in, the opposition will be tapping into an empty net having broke away 4 on 3 or summut.
                    If you don’t win the ball you don’t make chances and to win the ball, you need to be competitive in midfield. Playing 442 the other week resulted in us losing midfield and creating jack shyte. Your theory would be good if we were allowed the same number of players on the field as they do in Rugby Union. :unsure:[/quote]

Absolute nonsense, half the players? I mentioned 3. Football isn’t about standing the middle and waiting for crosses to come in. You have tactics and formations to suit your best team and you play to your strengths.

Riera and Delort can play as forwards, for me Waghorn can play anywhere behind those 2, midfield, wing wherever, as he is a workhorse and can score goals. Mcmanaman can play either wing. 2 lads up front doesn’t have to mean 4-4-2.
                    Behind these 4 you play grafters like Tavernier/Perch/McCann and a playmaker like Maloney/Huws/Forshaw. Play who you want at the back definitely Ramis and hopefully Boyce for the experience.

The continuity has to come with a settled side and for me a pairing up front, who can gain an understanding week in week out. We have to make teams worry about us.

As it stands, the German will not play his best players, in the best formation for us to do this and the alarm bells should have rung for him when Mick McCarthy stated after the Ipswich game, he had us sussed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2