4-4-2

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    martinhmartinh
    Player

One thing I’m surprised no one has commented on about Saturday. Cooky listened to Donny. We played 4-4-2!

There was no sense in which Morsy and James were siting in front of defence as usual. And Powell and Garner played off each other like an old fashioned strike partnership.

Given that we got two goals from open play, we might consider this a qualified success. Massey was dangerous throughout and Jacobs is improving. So, will he line up like that against Blackburn, or is Uwe’s old bingo machine going to get another spin?

The EggThe Egg
      Chairman

Same 11 for me

donnys pageDonnys Page
        Player

Must be the first time we’ve done that for a long time Martin. He’s tried a couple of half baked versions of it before. Wasn’t there to see it but a shame all the hard work was undone by substitutions, ref, lady luck, our inability to finish a team off and Reading not settling for a draw.
          That’s football I suppose.
          On to three points at Blackburn and three on Saturday.

Think Cooke the players and fans are all distraught about Saturday and will have a point to prove tomorrow.
          Play for wins again tomorrow and against Bolton 6 points against them and forget Reading game.

martinhmartinh
          Player

The main fault lies with the players for me. We can moan all we want about all three goals – the soft free kick against James, that drop ball, abd the possible foul on Olson – but we simply shouldn’t be conceding in the 47th, 89th and 97th minutes. At those times, if we’re in possession of the ball, we should be moving it into the corners as far as possible from our box. And we certainly shouldn’t be doing what Antonee Robinson did in the 96th minute which was turning it behind for a needless corner. As for the subs, if the players were tired and he wanted to save them for Tue then that’s fair enough. But maybe the replacements were the wrong ones. I’d certainly have used Roberts instead of Naismith.

The EggThe Egg
            Chairman

And that happens constantly martin. Sheff Utd away, Leeds at home, nob end. Goals at silly times that means cook may as well rip his tactics up.

EdwardsEdwards
              Player

Hi Martin. I think nerves affect us and some basic errors in losing possession or needless corners given away are killing us. Once we get that elusive away win we’ll be flying, albeit on a budget airline.

GoalsGaloreGoalsGalore
                Player
                  Hi Martin. I think nerves affect us and some basic errors in losing possession or needless corners given away are killing us. Once we get that elusive away win we’ll be flying, albeit on a budget airline.

Like me, Wigan never like to peak too soon. Occasionally we do, eventually!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2