4-4-2 article

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2 article

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    galacTICSanjay Shah
    Player

Anybody a copy of the feature on us in Feb’s 4-4-2 that they can post on here? Ta.

Vat69Vat69
      Player

No idea how to put it on here, but it basically told of our rise to the Premiership from 1995, when Whelan took over. It documented the different managers, and told of our progress, the signing of the ‘Three Amigos’, etc.
        Chuck in a few Whelan quotes of him “having a word with the lads” after a 5-1 defeat at Wrexham, and mention of him ‘breaking his leg in the cup final’ and you get the idea. It went on to tell of our move to the (then) JJB Stadium.
        It was fairly standard stuff, talking about our rise to the top, with comments from people such as Mr Whelan, Graham Barrow, Paul Jewell, and Roberto Martinez. The key part came towards the end, where Whelan was quoted as saying “If Roberto goes, then I go as well”, and he said that “Even if we go down, we’ll try and get promoted next season, WITH Roberto”.

It was quite a good article, not patronizing and didn’t have any sly digs about our crowds, or anything, as far as I can remember.

Hindley blueHindley blue
        Player
          No idea how to put it on here, but it basically told of our rise to the Premiership from 1995, when Whelan took over. It documented the different managers, and told of our progress, the signing of the ‘Three Amigos’, etc.
          Chuck in a few Whelan quotes of him “having a word with the lads” after a 5-1 defeat at Wrexham, and mention of him ‘breaking his leg in the cup final’ and you get the idea. It went on to tell of our move to the (then) JJB Stadium.
          It was fairly standard stuff, talking about our rise to the top, with comments from people such as Mr Whelan, Graham Barrow, Paul Jewell, and Roberto Martinez. The key part came towards the end, where Whelan was quoted as saying “If Roberto goes, then I go as well”, and he said that “Even if we go down, we’ll try and get promoted next season, WITH Roberto”.

It was quite a good article, not patronizing and didn’t have any sly digs about our crowds, or anything, as far as I can remember.

That Vat is why people don’t like Whelan. Our crowds are dropping like a lead balloon because of all the dross we have watched under Bob and that clown comes out with a statement like Bob will stay even if we go down.
          I’m sure he will be very happy when were back to 3000 fans then he can blame the people of Wigan for not supporting him.

At a football match you want to be entertained and even more important win. I wish Whelan and Bob could grasp the concept. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anonymous

bet you’l be one of the first flys to drop if we get relegated

Hindley blueHindley blue
            Player

I have had a season ticket since being a junior at Springy so as bad as it gets I’ll still be there. I’m a supporter but that does not mean I have to be happy with everything that goes on at the Tics :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anonymous

fair enough was only trying to wind you up, but I think bobbys the right man get behind him and see where it get’s us. I’m quietly confident we can stay up

Anonymous

I have had a season ticket since being a junior at Springy so as bad as it gets I’ll still be there. I’m a supporter but that does not mean I have to be happy with everything that goes on at the Tics :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: [/quote]

Here’s me thinking a supporter of the club supports that club through thick and thin and all that jazz

Hindley blueHindley blue
                  Player

And I have, it costs me £500 a season to watch this crap so I would say I’m entitled to my opinion. And as I have already stated being a supporter does not mean you are not entitled to voice your disapproval if your not happy with how the club is being run. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well said Hindley,MARTINEZ OUT :lol:

Anonymous

bloody darkside, get a grip

galacTICSanjay Shah
                      Player

FFS does every thread have to generate into some sort of in-fighting?

Just to bump this back up in case there is anyone actually interested in helping a fellow fan.

P.S. Ta for the summary VAT – though am keen get hold of a copy as I scrapbook anything in the press that covers us favourably

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4-4-2 article