4 4 2

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4 4 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Don’t post much but feel that now is a good time before its too late. In the first half we didn’t really play that badly but didnt create anything. martinez then switches to a 4 4 2 formation and we start to dominate. what does he then decide to do but take off a striker put on a winger move the whole midfield around and we concede 2 more goals.WHAT THE HELL IS GOING THROUGH HIS HEAD? I think its about time we started chanting 4 4 2 and just maybe he will listen. we have the players to get us out of this mess but only if he allows them to play the way we should instead of a lone striker and bypassing midfield.
      next home match 4 4 2

rant over

Don’t post much but feel that now is a good time before its too late. In the first half we didn’t really play that badly but didnt create anything. martinez then switches to a 4 4 2 formation and we start to dominate. what does he then decide to do but take off a striker put on a winger move the whole midfield around and we concede 2 more goals.WHAT THE HELL IS GOING THROUGH HIS HEAD? I think its about time we started chanting 4 4 2 and just maybe he will listen. we have the players to get us out of this mess but only if he allows them to play the way we should instead of a lone striker and bypassing midfield.
      next home match 4 4 2

rant over

I tend to agree that 442 might give us a more attacking threat but if you think that chanting 442 to the world’s most stubborn manager will makwe him change his mind then go ahead, knock yourself out ;)

To be fair to the original poster I seem to remember United fans signing it at Old Trafford when United were going through a sticky patch when Ferguson was insisting on playing 4-5-1 & it clearly wasn’t working
      Not saying that he changed his formation because of the fans chanting that but he certainly changed it very shortly afterwards & their results improved. True he’s since re-introduced it but its not as rigid as it was & he will change it if it aint working

Back to Latics, to defend Bobby yesterday is in my mind trying to defend the indefensible. Its been pointed out elsewhere but 4-5-1 wasn’t working. He changed it to 4-4-2 & whilst it still didn’t bring a goal we looked more threatening & it was the only period of the game where we had Spurs on the back foot, so to quickly change it back to 4-5-1 (and it is 4-5-1 when the other 2 “forwards” just hug the touchline not 4-3-3 as some claim) was baffling to say the least.

In fact that decision was a baffling as it was predictable that we would crumble after the change was made
      I really wanted Bobby to succeed but he looks so far out of his depth at the moment that its painful to watch

Vat69Vat69
      Player
        To be fair to the original poster I seem to remember United fans signing it at Old Trafford when United were going through a sticky patch when Ferguson was insisting on playing 4-5-1 & it clearly wasn’t working
        Not saying that he changed his formation because of the fans chanting that but he certainly changed it very shortly afterwards & their results improved. True he’s since re-introduced it but its not as rigid as it was & he will change it if it aint working

Back to Latics, to defend Bobby yesterday is in my mind trying to defend the indefensible. Its been pointed out elsewhere but 4-5-1 wasn’t working. He changed it to 4-4-2 & whilst it still didn’t bring a goal we looked more threatening & it was the only period of the game where we had Spurs on the back foot, so to quickly change it back to 4-5-1 (and it is 4-5-1 when the other 2 “forwards” just hug the touchline not 4-3-3 as some claim) was baffling to say the least.

In fact that decision was a baffling as it was predictable that we would crumble after the change was made
        I really wanted Bobby to succeed but he looks so far out of his depth at the moment that its painful to watch

Time To Go. Neil Warnock in, please.

I could think of better to offer the post to than Neil Warnock but whether they’d take the position would be another matter

The only thing I do know is that Bobby looks hopelessly out of his depth. He’s looked that way since very early on in the season & all those saying they believe he will come good are basing it on blind hope rather than any actual evidence

PiemonPiemon
        Player

If I’m not mistaken, didn’t we finish the game playing 4-4-3?

My twopenneth, for what it’s worth, on the 451/433/442 thingy debate.

First of all, primarily Bobby wants to pay possession football. There is therefore no guarantee that going 442 will stop the sideways passing and keep-ball that so many abhor.I do accept that having 2 out and out strikers should give us more scoring opportunities, but again, given our bunch of cowsarse and banjo merchants, it isn’t guaranteed.

I think the main problem with our currernt formation concerns the two sitting midfielders, Thomas and Diame. I think their reluctance to get forward is what makes the wide lads seem isolated. When other – admittedly better – teams such as Liverpool and United at times play this way, they don’t normally end up with a back six like we do.

Now, that’s definitely cheating, playing 4-4-3 :)

Reminds me of a story that Stuart Pearce tells about taking over as Forest manager for the first time. He sat in bed on the Friday night deliberating over his selection until he settled on what he thought was a very attacking team. He showed it to his wife (the teamsheet, that is) who looked at it and then asked who was playing in goal.

Oh ‘eck – back to the drawing board!

Anonymous

Think that sums up the majority of our fans at the minute :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anonymous

My point isn’t necessarily 4 4 2 ridged but what I do feel is that our strikers are not getting the service they need from the 5 midfield. I do believe that with having 2 strikers it does take the pressure off a tad and they can inter change if needed. The other point is that if we only have 4 midfielders then this will make them pass the ball more accurately. If it goes forward then we can at least have two players against 3 or 4 defenders rather than just the one lone striker who is struggling on his own.

Martinez wake up and get us out of this mess. People will think better of you for changing things when they are not working rather than being stubborn.

Next home match 4 4 2 it cant do any harm.

The other point is that if we only have 4 midfielders then this will make them pass the ball more accurately.

Yes, it’s that easy :roll:

re24311re24311
              Player

STOP PLAYING RODALLEGA ON THE RUDDY WING

problem solved

jamescJamesC
                Player
                  STOP PLAYING RODALLEGA ON THE RUDDY WING

problem solved

This guy for manager!! :roll:

Anonymous

With got quite a few managers on here :mrgreen:

jamescJamesC
                    Player
                      With got quite a few managers on here :mrgreen:

Aye… That Football Manager gives you a lot more experience than managing professional teams like Martinez has.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4 4 2