4 weeks

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4 weeks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JaytJayt
    Chairman

This time in four weeks I’ll be in Heathrow Airport waiting for my flight to Maribor (well Zagreb)…..

Anybody else getting a bit giddy?

COYLE (Come on you Latics [in] Europe…lol)

FA Cup Winners 2013, sounds good that

Very giddy!!
      Was looking at all the train info from Ljubljana to Maribor yesterday. Been planning our itinerary whilst in Maribor too & looking forward to going up the river on some raft with an oom pa pa band whilst partaking in the local brews!!

Part of me is hoping that Latics still need to take something out of the game to add a bit more spice to the trip. I’ll still enjoy the trip if Latcis qualify after the Zulte game on the 28th but I’d rather the Maribor game not be a dead rubber

The EggThe Egg
      Chairman

I am now :D

JaytJayt
        Chairman
          Very giddy!!
          Was looking at all the train info from Ljubljana to Maribor yesterday. Been planning our itinerary whilst in Maribor too & looking forward to going up the river on some raft with an oom pa pa band whilst partaking in the local brews!!

Part of me is hoping that Latics still need to take something out of the game to add a bit more spice to the trip. I’ll still enjoy the trip if Latcis qualify after the Zulte game on the 28th but I’d rather the Maribor game not be a dead rubber

If you need transfers and ideas for things to do, http://www.thetravelpuzzle.com ask Joanne, have special rates for Wigan Athletic fans…. she is already arranging transfers, skiing, hotels, restaurants, beer/wine tasting at breweries/vineyards, river trips and nightclubs for over 200 who are going.

Costs is similar to train if not cheaper, but you won’t have to hang around.

If you need transfers and ideas for things to do, http://www.thetravelpuzzle.com ask Joanne, have special rates for Wigan Athletic fans…. she is already arranging transfers, skiing, hotels, restaurants, beer/wine tasting at breweries/vineyards, river trips and nightclubs for over 200 who are going.

Costs is similar to train if not cheaper, but you won’t have to hang around.

I’ve already been in touch with her thanks – she’s really helfpul.
          When I e-mailed her (back end of last month) she was honest enough to say to me that she could arrange a transfer for us for 50euros (each) but that she thought it would be a better & much cheaper option to get the train & also that although the Slovenian rail website says that the quicker trains need booking in advance, they don’t. She also said that (at the time) I was the first person to ask about a transfer from Ljubljana from that flight
          She’s also given me her mobile numbers & said that if anything goes wrong travel wise that she will send someone out to help us
          Hotel (Pension) has been booked since 31st August but I hadn’t thought of asking her about sightseeing & clubs & staff. I’ll get back in touch & see what she’d be able to sort for this rafty thing!! :silly:

That said, someone else has contacted her & she gave a note of caution that “if Wigan win, I hope you can run”!!! :ohmy: :ohmy:

JaytJayt
          Chairman

I think the transfer situation will have changed regarding price now, I suppose it depends on how many off your flight are travelling over to Maribor.

As they have shown by the alleged incidents in Wigan when they came here, the Maribor fans can be quite colourful. But we have arranged for Wigan Athletic only bars and restaurant on the Wednesday night and Thursday, for those that want sanctuary as it were.

We are not the first to travel there and the police are quite au fait with the situation, so hopefully she is just being a bit over cautious.

shandylandIan Jones
            Player

Can’t wait! 4 of us going from Heathrow on 11 (to Zagreb) for 2 nights. We are staying in the Arena hotel – anyone else in there?

I booked with travel puzzle and also found Joanne to be really helpful. Didn’t think about asking her about trips, bars etc but will now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4 weeks