Forums Latics Crazy Forum 442

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    horchorc
    Manager

Surely by now he must realise that to win games you need to score goals and the present system is not working on the goals front.

I know if we played two up front we would be lighter in midfield, but we had more in midfield last night than Wednesday had, but still didn’t create that many chances.

Playing Grigg on his own, with no wingers or wing backs was ridiculous last night as yet again he was running his bollox off against 4 defenders, he didnt stand a chance.
      To then take him off when he brought Bogle on was the most stupid thing I have seen since some of the substitutions made by Martinez, as Bogle was expected to do the same as Grigg had.

In desperation he then pushed Dan Burn up front for the last 10 minutes, why not just play the two goal scorers together and do without one of the midfielders or defenders.

One up front at home has to stop if we have any chance of getting the goals to get us out of this mess.

On the plus side, James Weir looked impressive, hopefully Perkins, Power and Jacobs have took note and will up their game with the added competition as all three are passengers at the moment.

Defensively we are looking quite good, Burn and Buxton are solid enough, Warnock and Connolly seem to be holding their own at full back and McDonald is doing a decent job in front of the backline.

Morsy is looking better all the time, and I can’t help thinking how many points Caldwell lost us by sending him out on loan.

We have enough midfielders at the club to get the right blend in there to support Grigg and Bogle. My four midfielders from what I have seen would be McDonald, Morsy, Gilbey and Weir (providing Gilbey is fit).

It might not work, but at least it would look like we were trying to score goals and win games, last night it looked like we are playing to contain them and playing for a point, which is not enough, and bloody boring.

I don’t think we have a bad squad overall, and I certainley think we have enough talent there to get the points we need, but we definitely have to change the formation or we will be back to League One next season.

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
      Player

I have doesn’t change it Tuesday then we’re goosed…..particularly after today’s results Bristol..Burton.Blackburn all winning……

Rovers and Burton winning surely means he has no choice anymore. We are lowest scorers because of this obsession with lone striker. We lose 4 million if relegated which we can ill afford so no more pissing about and at least go down fighting.

horchorc
        Manager
          I have doesn’t change it Tuesday then we’re goosed…..particularly after today’s results Bristol..Burton.Blackburn all winning……

It gets worse, Forest have just equalised, and guess what, it was one of their two forwards that scored. Fancy that eh, playing two up front at home.

donnys pageDonnys Page
          Player

Why on earth would they want to play with two strikers? The mind boggles.
            Too old fashioned. Doesn’t work. Leaves midfield open. It’s just big boot. It’s shite.

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
            Player

And now Forest win it in stoppage time

Much as I hate football cliches, but Tuesday is a must win game :ohmy:

Got to go for it. Grigg and Bogle up front.

I’d sooner lose 4-3 than another boring 0-1 to yet another “unlucky” goal.

There’s rarely if ever an “unlucky” goal. It happens because the other team took a chance and it paid off. Get the ball in the box enough times something will happen. And for Christ’s sake leave someone up when we’re defending a corner.

horchorc
              Manager
                Too old fashioned. Doesn’t work. Leaves midfield open. It’s just big boot. It’s shite.

Even Mourinho is playing big boot football today with two up front.

Anonymous

Even Mourinho is playing big boot football today with two up front.[/quote]

Did well. Weller than a yellow wellington boot.

horchorc
                  Manager

Did well. Weller than a yellow wellington boot.[/quote]

Paddington Bear had yellow wellies sometimes, but usually red.

Anonymous

Did well. Weller than a yellow wellington boot.[/quote]

Paddington Bear had yellow wellies sometimes, but usually red.[/quote]

To be honest.. I know what you mean buddy. All day.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 442