5-4-Friday… 5 Blackpool Delights

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 Blackpool Delights

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    The EggThe Egg
    Chairman

Quite like Blackpool myself and did once buy a Kiss me Quick hat that somebody nicked when in Sheffield.

If it isn’t t bad enough that Blackpool is full of slappers from Barnsley (see above) and itinerant workers from all over Eastern Europe hoping to earn a few bob on the slots, for a few weeks every July, Blackpool becomes a suburb of Glasgow. The place teems with fat, milky-white, ginger-haired bodies squeezed into Rangers and Celtic tops and you can’t get near the front of a burger bar queue for love nor money. The sooner they get independence and can be barred from crossing the border, the better.

Can’t argue with that.

vincehillvinceHill
      Player

It has gone very down market in the last 25 years maybe down to the fact the numbers going their have declined and the dilapidated derelict hotels littered all over the town reflect that.
        It used to thrive and had a 7 day a week social scene during the spring/ summer and autumn months with all the tourists and conference delegates that used to flock there and I don’t remember any loitering toothless smack heads back then.The place was absolutely rammed in July and August and the place always looked smart and it’s sad to see its rapid demise but I can’t see a way back sadly.
        Most of the hotels that remain look scruffy and unkept but why would you pay for a week there with the naff weather when you can go to Spain for less than a week in one of the bigger hotels?
        I like many others have a soft spot for this weird place which believe it or was one of the first Newtowns in the UK springing up in the late 1800s .
        I think it’s current plight reflects UK society in general and a stroll through Blackpool is not dissimilar to a stroll through any town or city and only yesterday afternoon I saw a bunch of these unwashed clowns acting up outside the old bees knees pub.
        Always had a soft spot for the football club and used to love that old ramshackle ground of theirs .

Agree with all of that Vince, to be fair.

filmossfilmoss
        Player

They spent £100m on the promenade about 3 years ago and I must admit the front does look a hell of a lot better since said shell out ( No pun intended ! )

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 Blackpool Delights