5-4-Friday… 5 Foreign Footballers

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 Foreign Footballers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

A good selection.

I’d like to suggest a name from an earlier generation – Arnold Muhren of Ipswich.

What did he do? He put in the cross that Marco Van Basten smashed into the net in the 1988 European Nations Cup Final.

A good selection.

I’d like to suggest a name from an earlier generation – Arnold Muhren of Ipswich.

What did he do? He put in the cross that Marco Van Basten smashed into the net in the 1988 European Nations Cup Final.

That goal was only a great one because Muhren over hit a simple cross and forced Van Basten wider than he would have preferred.

Decent player but not in the same league as those in Griff’s blog.

edit

Who would have thought that Griff and myself BOTH rate Henry as the best foreign player we have seen during our time in the premier league.

The EggThe Egg
    Chairman
      BOTH rate Henry as the best foreign player we have seen during our time in the premier league.

Moi aussi

Have to agree there.

Henry is by a long way the best player I’ve seen at the DW/JJB in the 8 years we were in the PL.

That 3-2 defeat to Arsenal in 2005 was a great game even though we lost but Henry’s performance was amazing.Remember that free kick?

However another memorable moment was Jimmy Bullards turn leaving Sol Campbell sliding by on his arse before he curled the ball into the net to make it 3-2.

As for Ronaldo my favourite moment was Ajen DeZeeuw booting him up in the air after 30 seconds of the Monday night game the week after the Carling Cup final. :P

The EggThe Egg
      Chairman
        Have to agree there.

Henry is by a long way the best player I’ve seen at the DW/JJB in the 8 years we were in the PL.

That 3-2 defeat to Arsenal in 2005 was a great game even though we lost but Henry’s performance was amazing.Remember that free kick?

However another memorable moment was Jimmy Bullards turn leaving Sol Campbell sliding by on his arse before he curled the ball into the net to make it 3-2.

As for Ronaldo my favourite moment was Ajen DeZeeuw booting him up in the air after 30 seconds of the Monday night game the week after the Carling Cup final. :P

That free kick was genius. I love his celebration too. Asking the ref if it was OK as he’d stopped him taking it twice. As griff said, supremely arrogant but I always say when you’re that good you’re allowed to be.

A good selection.

Don’t really remember him at Ipswich as I was a bit young but I do remember him from my time as a ST holder at Man United in the early to late 80’s.
        I never really rated him to be honest (as far as United midfielders at the time went I thought that Bryan Robson & Remi Moses were head & shoulders above him). I think he’d long since departed United by the time Euro 88 came along (he was possibly turning out for Ajax by then) & I remember being amazed that he was still able to get into the Dutch side.

Could never take to Henry to be honest. I can handle players being arrogant (thought Cantona was great & he was arrogant) but he took it into having a snidey side – I remember him shoving the ball in kirkland’s face after he scored to put em 2-1 late on at the Emirates after Latcis had been leading 1-0 for a good while & they’d all been whinging he’d been time wasting. Kirkland just told him to eff off, but I’d have been tempted to smash him in the face with the ball. He was a half decent player mind.

Cantona would probably top my list. Never before has one player so transformed a club’s fortunes – if fergie hadn’t bought Cantona in that first premier league season United wouldn’t have gone on to have the dominance that they have done.

A good selection.

That goal was only a great one because Muhren over hit a simple cross and forced Van Basten wider than he would have preferred.

Decent player but not in the same league as those in Griff’s blog.

edit

Who would have thought that Griff and myself BOTH rate Henry as the best foreign player we have seen during our time in the premier league.[/quote]
        You can add me to the Henry Fan Club ‘n all. By far the best player I’ve ever seen at DW in my opinion.

The EggThe Egg
        Chairman

Always annoys Utd ‘fans’ when I say Henry above Ronaldo as well which is an added bonus.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 Foreign Footballers