5-4-Friday… 5 non-sports

Forums Non Football Stuff 5-4-Friday… 5 non-sports

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

An older sport was the plunge – swimming without making any strokes. It made its only Olympic appearance in 1904. We seem to have replaced it with the even less sports-like synchronised swimming.

And thank you for the picture of Bill Werbenuik. According to Wikipedia;

His reliance on lager became such that, when scheduled to play at ten in the morning, he was forced to rise at 6am in order to get through the eight or so starter pints which he needed to play. Big Bill would then down a pint in each frame, before retiring to the bar at the end of the day for what he termed ‘a social drink’.

A dedicated sportsman.

The EggThe Egg
    Chairman

Like it Griff.

I must admit that I did criticise curling several times during the Winter Olympics. Why is it called curling when the rock is thrown straight? Should be called straight or brushing.

Hopefully we won’t have to hear about it south of the border soon.

I played netball once (it was for a chairty game at the school where I work before anyone takes the pish) & not only can you not run with the ball but even when you can run you are limited to whatever tiny bit of the court that the letters on your bib dictate. Step out of those areas & you get penalised.
      I’ve not given away as many penalties in a sport since I played rugby union for my university after having been at a secondary school where you played rugby league or nowt.
      Despite this, my team won!!

Ice skating isn’t a sport. Ballroom dancing isn’t so why on earth is ice skating? Same goes for the gymnastics where the fling that ribbon or them balls about

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Non Football Stuff 5-4-Friday… 5 non-sports