5-4-Friday… 5 World Cup memories #2

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 World Cup memories #2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    The EggThe Egg
    Chairman

France 98:

I watched the opening game against Switzerland in school. Well…I listened to the first half in history class on the sly almost giving myself away when a classroom next door cheered and people in my class excitedly said “England have scored” to which I replied “no they haven’t” without thinking. The second half we watched in Geography.

I remember the Beckham goal against Columbia. Great strike.

I was then on a flight to New Zealand for the Argie game and had the stewards getting the score from the cockpit. They let me in the cockpit for the penalties with the scores sent by a fax type message.

Japan 2002:

Was sitting my exams during this but didn’t stop me being in the pub at half 7 for Nigeria and half 12 for the Argie game. JayT should be able to post a picture from the Denmark game of the pub we were in. Busy is the not the word. I had an exam straight after the Brazil game sadly so had to watch from home.

Germany 2006:

My Manager at work at the time went over for the QF and watched it at one of the fan fests. Said the heat was unbearable at times. I can’t remember too much about the games TBH.

South Africa 2010:

Watched the USA game at my cousins wedding reception. Not worth it. Raced home from London for the Germany game having watched the rugby the day before and stayed over. Again…..not worth it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… 5 World Cup memories #2