5-4-Friday… Hero to Hero+

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… Hero to Hero+

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    The EggThe Egg
    Chairman

Several ex-Wigan players have played in European Cup Finals mate. In fact several have won it, granted before they came to Wigan.

Archie Gemmill
      Alan Kennedy
      Larry Lloyd

And a rather cheeky one….

…Bobby Charlton

I believe there have been 5 but I can only ever find 4.

filmossfilmoss
      Player

I suggest a hasty edit to ” Not many ex Wigan Athletic players can claim to have gone on to play in a Champions League final”

I suggest a hasty edit to ” Not many ex Wigan Athletic players can claim to have gone on to play in a Champions League final”

Well, a few things spring to mind:-

1) 5 is not many

2) None of those played in Champions League final. They played in European Cup finals.

3) None of then “have gone on” to play in either guise of that competition; they played in it before they played for Wigan, whereas Valencia played for Wigan first. Which was my point.

So, I’ll be editing nothing, hastily or otherwise :)

LaticInLeighVinny Priest
        Player

You might want to edit the fact that you put us in the PL a full decade before we actually got there ;)

You might want to edit the fact that you put us in the PL a full decade before we actually got there ;)

Did I really? Thanks, I will edit that bit!

The EggThe Egg
          Chairman

Well, a few things spring to mind:-

1) 5 is not many

2) None of those played in Champions League final. They played in European Cup finals.

3) None of then “have gone on” to play in either guise of that competition; they played in it before they played for Wigan, whereas Valencia played for Wigan first. Which was my point.

So, I’ll be editing nothing, hastily or otherwise :)[/quote]

Typical Griff. Can’t admit when he’s wrong. This isn’t your own personal playground you know.

I refer the honourable gentlemen to the post immediately above his.

Griff Myth #145 exploded.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday… Hero to Hero+