51 points from 29 games- well done UWE!

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 51 points from 29 games- well done UWE!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vincehillvinceHill
    Player

No mean feat and a fine acheivement turning the season round and steering the club into the play offs from 14th position back in December.
      Some of the performances have been awful but at least we can breathe a bit easier tonight and look forward to the play off game next week whoever we face.

Uwe has done everything we could have asked of him, given the wreckage he inherited from Coyle.

I expect to see him managing in the Premier Lge next season…let’s hope it’s with us.

Let’s secure 5th place on Saturday and play QPR over 2 legs. I reckon we’ve more chance against Derby in 1 game than 2.

vincehillvinceHill
      Player
        Uwe has done everything we could have asked of him, given the wreckage he inherited from Coyle.

I expect to see him managing in the Premier Lge next season…let’s hope it’s with us.

Let’s secure 5th place on Saturday and play QPR over 2 legs. I reckon we’ve more chance against Derby in 1 game than 2.

To have missed out on the play offs at this stage would have been dreadful and I’m not sure the club would have recovered from it .
        we now move into our 5th attempt at winning in the play offs ( 1987, 1999,2000 and 2001) and we didn’t win any so just maybe we are going to be lucky the fifth time of asking!

treatedtreated
        Player

Just remind me of the play off dates, I know it was mentioned at the game Saturday but the Magners plays havoc with my memory!!! Cheers

psklpaul tymon
          Player

4th and 5th play on the 9th and 12th of may 5th playing at home first 3rd and 6th play on the 8th and 11th

DoglaticDoglatic
            Player
              No mean feat and a fine acheivement turning the season round and steering the club into the play offs from 14th position back in December.
              Some of the performances have been awful but at least we can breathe a bit easier tonight and look forward to the play off game next week whoever we face.

Bolton was his first game in charge, so it is 51 points from 27 games.
              Now we are there hopefully the team is refocused and can perform to the level that they have done under Uwe against the higher ranked teams.

I personally hope we secure 5th place as i will be able to go to the first leg. Finish in 6th & i cant go.

filmossfilmoss
              Player

Pro rata based on 29 or even 27 games he has been in charge,had he been in charge for 46 games we still wouldn’t have gone up automatically. Just sayin !

DoglaticDoglatic
                Player
                  Pro rata based on 29 or even 27 games he has been in charge,had he been in charge for 46 games we still wouldn’t have gone up automatically. Just sayin !

Simple mathematics doesn’t apply.
                  With a pre-season and chance to spend what money we had on his own targets could we have been in the top 2?
                  Or maybe our good run would have been earlier in the season and we’d be going into the play-offs in even worse form (or maybe missed out).
                  Nobody can answer it, but we’ve got to give some credit to the decision makers who accepted they made a mistake in appointing Coyle and acted “quite” quickly.

jimmycjimmyc
                  Player

To have missed out on the play offs at this stage would have been dreadful and I’m not sure the club would have recovered from it .
                    we now move into our 5th attempt at winning in the play offs ( 1987, 1999,2000 and 2001) and we didn’t win any so just maybe we are going to be lucky the fifth time of asking![/quote]

Wembley ain’t been the best of places for Uwe so if we do get there let’s hope it’s 3rd time lucky for him as well..

BBC Sport’s Juliette Ferrington at Ewood Park

Wigan’s 60th game of the season today. They were 15th back in December when boss Uwe Rosler took charge of his first game – below Birmingham in the Championship table.

blueneonBlueneon
                    Player
                      BBC Sport’s Juliette Ferrington at Ewood Park

Wigan’s 60th game of the season today. They were 15th back in December when boss Uwe Rosler took charge of his first game – below Birmingham in the Championship table.

We took a hideing here today.Q,P,R be bricking em. ;)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 51 points from 29 games- well done UWE!