75 fatal stabbings in the London Bubble this year

Forums Non Football Stuff 75 fatal stabbings in the London Bubble this year

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

As of yesterday it was 75 off, fatal; not to mention the number of “non fatal”. How does Sadiq explain this ? Who are responsible for this ? What is the solution ?

Unless it’s Sadiq doing this then I am sure he is doing all he can.

The EggThe Egg
    Chairman

A drop in the ocean compared to shootings in America

jimmycjimmyc
      Player

Gang culture… Stop n search would help, but that’s not PC so until someone grabs the horns nawt will stop it.

As of yesterday it was 75 off, fatal; not to mention the number of “non fatal”. How does Sadiq explain this ? Who are responsible for this ? What is the solution ?

Whilst Sadiq organises a big firework party. A bit like fiddling whilst the Bubble implodes.

I put the blame on the US-inspired gang culture, and a lack of police.

Like Egg said, much less than shootings in the US, so be grateful for our gun laws.

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
        Player

Spot on….My friend works for the police and in Manchester you’d be staggered at how many officers off work with stress. Reduced numbers and restricted powers and resources. Told me of officers being asked to attend night call outs in places like Salford ,Moss side on their own due to lack of staff.In the past it was a pre requisite that alway 2 attend. Criminals do not fear police or the courts.

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
          Player

Ps….What happened to max 5 year jail term for carrying a knife in public. Can’t recall anyone receiving that.

Ps….What happened to max 5 year jail term for carrying a knife in public. Can’t recall anyone receiving that.

Prisons are full, so our Nanny State doesn’t bother.

As for the comment about more shootings in the USA, I’d like to see the comparative stats as a percentage of shootings / stabbings against population.

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
            Player

Now leads me to a prickly question. In today’s increasingly violent society is it fair that we ask our young police officers(some of our own children/family,to patrol the streets armed with a wooden stick and a whistle? Cos the criminals certainly don’t go equipped similarly.

Now leads me to a prickly question. In today’s increasingly violent society is it fair that we ask our young police officers(some of our own children/family,to patrol the streets armed with a wooden stick and a whistle? Cos the criminals certainly don’t go equipped similarly.

A wooden stick and a whistle?
              Have you just woken up from the Edwardian era?
              Body cams, radios, body armour, tasers, pepper spray, CCTV all over the place …….

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
              Player

Body cam,radios,minimal body armour aren’t really protection.The point I’m making is our police certainly don’t have the visual deterrent that police from our European neighbours have. When you see French,Turkish police armed it definitely gives a warning.I have several family members in the force who summed up patroling in inner citys feels like they are doing it naked.

Prisons are full, so our Nanny State doesn’t bother.

As for the comment about more shootings in the USA, I’d like to see the comparative stats as a percentage of shootings / stabbings against population.[/quote]
                There are some comparisons on here:
                Dispelling The Myth – Why the UK is NOT more violent than the US

The summary at the end is:
                While it becomes clear that certain types of offenses are marginally higher in the UK than in the US (robbery and knife crime being more likely in the UK by an order of 1.1x and 1.27x respectively) a number of other, more serious offenses, are both marginally and substantially higher in the US. Rape of a female is 1.02x more likely in the US, while theft of a vehicle is 1.29x more likely. More disturbingly, burglary is significantly higher at 1.52x more likely to occur in the US. However, it is at the considerably more, well, violent crimes that America really supersedes England and Wales into its own class. In the United States, you are 6.9x more likely to be the victim of aggravated assault resulting in serious injury than in the UK. You are 4.03xmore likely to be murdered than in the UK. And more staggeringly (though not surprising) you are 35.2x more likely to be shot dead in the Unites States than in the UK. Before anybody asks, no, these do not take into account justifiable homicide and other “acceptable shootings”, nor do murders for that matter:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Non Football Stuff 75 fatal stabbings in the London Bubble this year