10 men

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 10 men

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
    Player

Was what it was for 65 mins.Have you ever seen a player completely invisible like Naismith was ??.Injuries to key players show we have a skeleton 11.Apart from James great free kick and Macmanaman’s turn and shot we look in trouble.Sliding near the relegation zone and with Boro up next we could be nearer when we play Reading. Some of the defending 1st half was calamitous followed by Waltons howler.Gibson in front of Evan or even MacDonald???….

Not since Damian Francis anyway – He was the original invisible man.

Garner is also not good enough. Apart from trying to elbow and kick everyone, football wise he also contributed bugger all. He did win the free kick for James’ goal I suppose. :)

I agree the squad is brittle and we are going to struggle to score goals until Powell comes back to provide some creativity.

We could have scraped a draw today if Walton hadn’t cocked up. Leeds didn’t look that great, we however looked clueless and it was compounded by Morsey getting himself suspended for next week.

Not good is it ? :(

blueneonBlueneon
      Player

Well cookie has to sort it….where falling down the table quicker than a lead ball.

Leeds were a very decent team IMO, whilst we were pish poor. I agree, we could have scraped a draw. But defensive errors badly cost us.

grumpygrumpy
        Player

If I was Powell I’d be off, impressed with Leeds quicker fitter and by far the best team we’ve played this season but Naismith Garner useless what summed it up for me was that second half, Windarse broke every leeds player ran back apart from the one injured in our half not one latics player crossed the half way line to join him, yet all the leeds players all got back, very disheartening today 5 points off the bottom 3 or 10 points off top spot.

If I was Powell I’d be off, impressed with Leeds quicker fitter and by far the best team we’ve played this season but Naismith Garner useless what summed it up for me was that second half, Windarse broke every leeds player ran back apart from the one injured in our half not one latics player crossed the half way line to join him, yet all the leeds players all got back, very disheartening today 5 points off the bottom 3 or 10 points off top spot.

I agree grumps. That moment was very frustrating.

As for your last sentence. We are mid-table & i honestly would be happy with that.

horchorc
          Manager
            Not since Damian Francis anyway – He was the original invisible man.

Garner is also not good enough. Apart from trying to elbow and kick everyone, football wise he also contributed bugger all. He did win the free kick for James’ goal I suppose. :)

I agree the squad is brittle and we are going to struggle to score goals until Powell comes back to provide some creativity.

We could have scraped a draw today if Walton hadn’t cocked up. Leeds didn’t look that great, we however looked clueless and it was compounded by Morsey getting himself suspended for next week.

Not good is it ? :(

Morsy is the most overated midfielder we have had for a long time, he won’t be missed. He turns slower than the QE2, hardly ever plays a positive pass. Gibson was far better than him today and Evans will come in, who is far more creative.

donnys pageDonnys Page
            Player

Shush Paul you can’t criticise Sam. May be more useful as an attacking midfielder rather than an extra defender.

The EggThe Egg
              Chairman

Disagree regards Sam. Think he’s a great player.

For me though we are getting cut apart out wide far too easily. Robinson and James are poor defensively which leaves our centre backs out if position and midfielders chasing shadows trying to fill in.

Constant crosses coming in that we are just not dealing with.

horchorc
                Manager
                  Shush Paul you can’t criticise Sam. May be more useful as an attacking midfielder rather than an extra defender.

Attacking midfielders, what are they??? We had 5 in midfield today and still got run ragged and none of them did anything creative.
                  I suppose with Powell, Jacobs and Massey out of our midfield we are not going to be as creative.

donnys pageDonnys Page
                  Player

Attacking midfielders, what are they??? We had 5 in midfield today and still got run ragged and none of them did anything creative.
                    I suppose with Powell, Jacobs and Massey out of our midfield we are not going to be as creative.[/quote]
                    So why is there not adequate cover in the squad to cope with this and to cope with the higher level we play at? There should be really.

horchorc
                    Manager

I suppose with Powell, Jacobs and Massey out of our midfield we are not going to be as creative.[/quote]
                      So why is there not adequate cover in the squad to cope with this and to cope with the higher level we play at? There should be really.[/quote]

There is cover, but in my opinion it is not used correctly.
                      We have better players at the club that either didn’t play or could play in a different position.
                      Why was Dunkley left out? He should have been in a back four with James and Kipre with Burn on the left as he has done adequately enough since he came back from injury.
                      Robinson is not great at left back, but could play further forward as an attacking midfielder in place of Jacobs. His speed and skill could cause major problems for opposing defenders and would have no problem getting back when needed.
                      McManaman should be a straight swap when Massey is out, this is a no brainer and I can’t get my head round why this isn’t happening.
                      Morsey could play a more suited forward attacking role when Powell is out as Evans and/or Gibson would be no worse than Sam in that deep defensive role.

donnys pageDonnys Page
                      Player

Good alternatives there Paul but don’t think Paul Cook would agree with you. Not forgetting there is McDonald who could play deep midfield too.
                        Why do all that when you have an ace up your sleeve in Naismith.

filmossfilmoss
                        Player

James is our only consistent player. Thought he was good again today but the rest are not earning their massive wages. ( Compared to us mere minions ) Very poor in every department ! As for keeping errors !! I think we need our own goalie, a keeper that belongs to Wigan Athletic and is loyal to the shirt he dons !

horchorc
                          Manager
                            Good alternatives there Paul but don’t think Paul Cook would agree with you. Not forgetting there is McDonald who could play deep midfield too.
                            Why do all that when you have an ace up your sleeve in Naismith.

I am hoping PC today realised that Naismith will never be a Championship quality player.
                            We can’t use him alone as an excuse for todays performance, PC has to take the blame for his selections, positioning and overall tactics.
                            That said, with 6 first eleven players out, could we really have expected to have got anything against a table topping opposition.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 10 men