10 men

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 10 men

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    donnys pageDonnys Page
    Player

Yip we are down to the bare bones mostly of which were Cookies signings today.

cup winnerscup winners
      Player

Everyone has a level, Cook has found he’s and it’s not the Championship. At least Macmanaman tried to inject some kind of life into the game. Naismith should be permanently dropped along with Garner.
        I would have sooner seen a Cole, Laing or a Geldhardt. And to think all these players who offer nothing are signings not loans makes it all the more scary.
        I don’t think Cook will be here for the next transfer window. If the new owners have any money I cant see rhem giving it to Cook after they see how he utilities his players and the choice of players he’s brought in.

filmossfilmoss
        Player

There can’t be many fans who thought we performed well today because we didn’t. Yeah we were playing the side who are now top of the table but that performance was woeful ! We scored from a set piece and apart from McManaman’s chance in the second half we created absolutely nothing ! Leeds looked 2 divisions better than us today !

COOK OUT!!!

cup winnerscup winners
          Player

No one minds losing, it’s how you lose. At the moment we’re as bad up front as I’ve seen in a very long time.
            Worse the midfield are chipping in with ziltch goals. For instance, 1st half Morsey goes bursting though a huge hole in the middle with a clear sight on goal but he decides to pass left.

Now that’s either 1 of 2 things, the manager has instructed the players to get the ball into wide positions and cross or some player/s have no confidence or the ability to take it on themselves.

No one can deny were looking more woeful as time goes by. After watching the 2nd goal on TV Walton is clearly at fault as Kipre no doubt gets a shout to leave it. For me it’s Kipre’s job to simply hoof it away.
            I personally think Cook prefers the hard working “get stuck in” type er player. Anyone who doesn’t fit into the km covered gang won’t get a sniff, not like we have any but at the end of the day that’s a Cooks choice as well.

the otterthe otter
            Player

At the start of the season we had pace, power, creativity and sharpness in front of goal. The overwhelming majority of those qualities were given to us by 4 players who were all absent yesterday.

Imagine if those 4 had played yesterday and Leeds had Roofe, Hernandez, Klich and one of their other attacking players missing yesterday. They are a big enough club to carry a bigger, more quality squad than we are, but even they would struggle with that level of unavailable attacking ability.

The truth is, a club of our size can’t afford to have 2 players for every position in this league, so when we do get hit by a glut of injuries we are bound to struggle. We have to mix and match. Admittedly, Cook has made mistakes, and how he can justify playing Naismith, no matter how many injuries we have I don’t know.

Our 1st eleven is very strong. At the start of the season people were tipping us as play off possibilities. Pundits, other teams players. Other clubs managers. Not the so called Happy Clapping Rose Tinted Brigade, but neutrals who know their stuff. We’ve been really unlucky with injuries and it’s been the cause of our recent run. With our lack of resources we were never going to be able to replace all those players with like for like.

The EggThe Egg
              Chairman

Spot on otter. We were outclassed by a big club in this division, no different to us outclassing a Rochdale in league 1.

blueneonBlueneon
                Player

Well everyone knows this league is not easy.. so we need to be carefull.orvwe soon be back playing the likes of Rochdale.

jimmycjimmyc
                  Player

Not since Damian Francis anyway – He was the original invisible man.

Garner is also not good enough. Apart from trying to elbow and kick everyone, football wise he also contributed bugger all. He did win the free kick for James’ goal I suppose. :)

I agree the squad is brittle and we are going to struggle to score goals until Powell comes back to provide some creativity.

We could have scraped a draw today if Walton hadn’t cocked up. Leeds didn’t look that great, we however looked clueless and it was compounded by Morsey getting himself suspended for next week.

Not good is it ? :(

Morsy is the most overated midfielder we have had for a long time, he won’t be missed. He turns slower than the QE2, hardly ever plays a positive pass. Gibson was far better than him today and Evans will come in, who is far more creative.[/quote]

Morsey is pretty decent in my opinion. He gets no support in that midfield you look at what’s around him and he’s the only tackler, he can’t do it all on his own and if nobody makes a run forward he can’t make the pass.

As frustrating as our play is at the moment we have a lot of injuries so when they return the likes of Naismith Garner & Gibson shouldn’t get anywhere near the starting 11.

As bad as we were today & how good Leeds looked they only beat us with a howler from Walton & Kipre.

If the injuries clear up and with Shaun Mac back we should comfortably have enough to stay in this division. What is now apparent is that some of the fringe players are not going to cut it at this level. We will see pretty quickly the scale of the new owners ambition coz come January a few of the second string must be replaced with more quality especially if they want us to compete. Cookie must think he has ran over a priest at the moment coz all his luck is bad.COYL

MR BrownbillMR Brownbill
                    Player

Joe Gelhardt being touted as a potential superstar…….Owen,Sheared,Rooney etc were old enough to make prem debuts.Stick him on bench in this injury crisis, no fear,can’t be any worse than the back up strikers we have.Nothing wrong throwing him on when a goal needed.The experience would be invaluable and what a confidence boost. Not happening……probably send him on loan for 3 seasons then flog him to the que of prem clubs circling already.

The EggThe Egg
                      Chairman

Agree to an extent yes.

The new owners have stressed an importance on youth so I don’t expect him to go anywhere.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 10 men