£15 Man United £10 Liverpool

Forums Latics Crazy Forum £15 Man United £10 Liverpool

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    jimmycjimmyc
    Player

Last time i can recall a friendly with UTD was at Springfield Park in the early 90s & that team was full of academy player nobody had heard of…!

I went to that. United announced they were entering the Lancs Manx cup & then on the date they were playing Latics arranged a friendly at Old Trafford against Benfica so barely anyone was at Springfield Park.

If I remember rightly though there were a good few first teamers in the United side.
      From memory I’m sure that Paul Ince, Lee Sharpe, Danny Wallace + some others were there[/quote]

There was Tyldesley, I’m sure Scholes played as well, might have even scored?? Can’t remember if Butt did as well ?.
      Point was, GC might play some youth, as might the other two clubs.

vincehillvinceHill
      Player

The prices are about right in my view.
        good showcase games to sell the Latics season tickets and a sign of the positive changes brought in by the new management.
        Loads of local kids will want to come and watch the big clubs but might get hooked on Latics in the process and its far better than turgid aways at the likes of Southport and Rochdale .
        A sign that we have returned to the big time but a big European club would have been fantastic say Juventus or AC Milan and I’m certain clubs like this tour the UK in summer.
        Very positive moves by this dynamic management team at Latics and what a change from the doom and gloom of last summer.
        Onwards and upwards

The Utd game is a real coup for Wigan as its the special ones first game and the interest will be high. Cheap if you ask me.

BullittBullitt
        Player

I think a few people are missing the point on this, the original post was “why the price difference?” £15 to watch Man Ure reserves on Saturday and £10 to watch Liverpool reserves on Sunday….Why? Plus Latics won’t be full strength on either day.

Why should home fans pay an extra fiver just because it’s that moaning cheating bastards first match? End of the day they are two friendlies against Premier League second string opposition, stars of the future yes but still second string next weekend!

Fuck the EFL

Anyone any idea why the price difference ?

I’ll guess its due to how much money Man Utd want for playing a friendly – I don’t believe they do anything for free.

As Latics already had a fixture for the day after, my guess is that Man Utd made it known that they wanted a local fixture on the day before and clubs were invited to bid for the privilege of hosting Jose’s first game. As it wouldn’t involve any of the Euro squad, there would be less bidders.

With the DW having a 25,000 capacity, excellent segregation, and the potential for 9000 Man Utd fans being able to be contained in one stand, with another 5000 available if required, the Latics could offer a local fixture that would be accessible for the many thousands who will want to say “I was there” for Jose’s first game.

bickymonbickymon
          Player

You are still a knob ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum £15 Man United £10 Liverpool