£15 Man United £10 Liverpool

Forums Latics Crazy Forum £15 Man United £10 Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Wigan_latic88Rik
    Player

Anyone any idea why the price difference ?

Is it just because its “Man United” !?

It sounds like Jose will be playing a weakened team anyway with this quote from the MUFC website;

“The first game against Wigan is very important as I am going to have some players I don’t know very well who I am bringing into the first team. I don’t know them well but I just trust Nicky Butt [Head of Academy] and John Murtough [Head of Football Development] and the youth structure’s judgement.

“Obviously I am going to work closely with them and I’m going to have to trust them when they say we have a few players who, in a couple of years, can be first-team players. It’s important to know them and give them the opportunity to work.”

Klopp is known for his tough pre-season routine so id expect to see quite a few more first team players for the Liverpool Game.

Its going to be interesting to see how Caldwell approaches each game as i don’t think we’ve ever had two high profile friendlies in 2 days before.

Neither United or Liverpool will be playing anyone who has played any part in the Euros which, without having looked it up, I would imagine would be quite a chunk of their squads.
      So yes, I’d imagine that both managers will use the game to run the rule over players they don’t know a great deal about &/or who they’re coaching staff think may be able to make the step up from development squad to 1st team squad

BullittBullitt
      Player
        Neither United or Liverpool will be playing anyone who has played any part in the Euros which, without having looked it up, I would imagine would be quite a chunk of their squads.
        So yes, I’d imagine that both managers will use the game to run the rule over players they don’t know a great deal about &/or who they’re coaching staff think may be able to make the step up from development squad to 1st team squad

So why the price difference then? :unsure:

And no doubt Caldwell will be playing a few of our young lads over the two days, we certainly won’t be full strength Saturday or Sunday.

Don’t mind a tenner but £15 to watch a reserve friendly is a bit much!

Fuck the EFL

Don’t mind a tenner but £15 to watch a reserve friendly is a bit much!

Oh how quickly you’ve changed your tune. Only 6 months ago, you were trolling the WEP about Wigan rugby fans who refused to shell out £18-20 to see a pre-season friendly at Leigh.

bickymonbickymon
        Player

Knob

cup winnerscup winners
          Player

Nice clever tatic , sell out west stand then announce the Utd game straight after so if you already bought Liverpool and fancied the Utd game over the Liverpool game you have no choice but to buy both. A £105 for two games for me and 2 young kids ? I don’t think so i don’t do friendlies especially a reserve game friendly.
            I

Tez HTerry Hill
            Player

Only Wiganers could moan about it costing £25 per adult for 2 games v Man United & Liverpool over the course of a weekend in July.

Not sure how it comes to £105 for an Adult and 2 kids. I get it to £45.

Looking forward to both whoever turns out, rather than shopping for sun cream and flip flops.

Only Wiganers could moan about it costing £25 per adult for 2 games v Man United & Liverpool over the course of a weekend in July.

Not sure how it comes to £105 for an Adult and 2 kids. I get it to £45.

Looking forward to both whoever turns out, rather than shopping for sun cream and flip flops.

No Tez, only Bullshit could moan about it. Strange though that the cat seems to have got his tongue when I called him out over his comments a few months ago…

Wigan rugby played two friendlies a few weeks ago against Leigh and Salford, two very poor attendances of 4,600 and 2000 respectively, because the chubbies said they didn’t like the idea of paying £20 for meaningless friendlies and they couldn’t care less about the results because they aren’t playing for points!

It will be interesting to see how many of the bitter and twisted turn out for the meaningless runners up friendly on Saturday against Brisbane :blush: with ticket prices of £20-£28

A tad hypocritical dont you think? :S

More U-turns than a Tory MP that mon!

bickymonbickymon
              Player

Knob

jimmycjimmyc
                Player

Was a bit surprised to see the UTD match price especially as it was a shoe in game. But suppose that is the lure of MUFC..

Will be interesting all round i think, as we should see what all three clubs have potentially coming through their ranks. Last time i can recall a friendly with UTD was at Springfield Park in the early 90s & that team was full of academy player nobody had heard of…!

Tez HTerry Hill
                  Player

Last time we had a friendly v United, they opened the stadium!

bickymonbickymon
                    Player

Yes remember that game too ;)

donnys pageDonnys Page
                      Player

The whole thing isn’t worth arguing about really. We have had an attractive home friendly organised v The Hubcappers for weeks which is great just for the fact it’s at New Springfield. The United game came at the last minute and it’s nowt but a warm up. A bonus for some and a turn off for others. Go if you want, stay at home if you don’t want to go. I for one will be away for the weekend but will be looking forward to the Chester, Macc and Owdham friendlies in mid week when I am not away.
                        Maybe the £15 is plainly a chance at cashing in on the United fans who will turn up to get a first glimpse of ‘The Greedy One.’

Last time i can recall a friendly with UTD was at Springfield Park in the early 90s & that team was full of academy player nobody had heard of…!

I went to that. United announced they were entering the Lancs Manx cup & then on the date they were playing Latics arranged a friendly at Old Trafford against Benfica so barely anyone was at Springfield Park.

If I remember rightly though there were a good few first teamers in the United side.
                        From memory I’m sure that Paul Ince, Lee Sharpe, Danny Wallace + some others were there

Beckham, Scoles and Gary Neville layed too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum £15 Man United £10 Liverpool