17 players on Bobs radar

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 17 players on Bobs radar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dunn66Paul
    Player

Dont kno if anyone posted this today, on talksport this afternoon one of there reporters in SA talking to Roberto he as targeted 17 players in the world cup and wants to sign at least 5 of them? and DW his backing him.

5 more players, fair enough

wigmonalec
      Player
        Dont kno if anyone posted this today, on talksport this afternoon one of there reporters in SA talking to Roberto he as targeted 17 players in the world cup and wants to sign at least 5 of them? and DW his backing him.

Aye DW says things, :oops:

Aye DW says things, :oops: [/quote]

Very true. Will believe any signing only when I see them trot out against St Mirren in pre-season

Aye DW says things, :oops: [/quote]

Very true. Will believe any signing only when I see them trot out against St Mirren in pre-season[/quote]

now what was it you said to me last week griff about DW only making chest thumping/war chest type statements

let me remind you(not verbatim)

“he only made the war chest comment in our first season” ,i think the previous comments on this topic show that in some form or other he makes that statement on a regular basis.

now if he added “i will support the manager in his quest for new blood, but we will need to balance the books and sell our most saleable ones to fund it,because thats how we need to run a small club like wigan”wouldnt it be more acceptable than how he does it now.

now what was it you said to me last week griff about DW only making chest thumping/war chest type statements

let me remind you (not verbatim)

“he only made the war chest comment in our first season” ,i think the previous comments on this topic show that in some form or other he makes that statement on a regular basis.

now if he added “i will support the manager in his quest for new blood, but we will need to balance the books and sell our most saleable ones to fund it,because thats how we need to run a small club like wigan” wouldnt it be more acceptable than how he does it now.

Absolutely no idea what point you are making. My post was entirely in relation to what Whelan says in public versus what actually happens. If you’re dragging up my warchest comment from last week I will repeat for the umpteenth time that as he has not mentioned a warchest since c. August 2005 he cannot, by definition, be uttering one thing in public and going against it in practice.

The original poster simply said the DW was backing Martinez. There was no quote from DW, not even any evidence that he was actually backing him.

Don’t get all antsy cos we brought up St Mirrengate. ;)

Anonymous

This is the 1st season Whelen’s come out and said we don’t have that much money to spend on players but we don’t need to sell. Yet where tracking 17players and are looking to bring in atleast 5. 1 probably being Bolelli who will more than likely be our major signing. :|

Anonymous

This is the 1st season Whelen’s come out and said we don’t have that much money to spend on players but we don’t need to sell. Yet where tracking 17players and are looking to bring in atleast 5. 1 probably being Bolelli who will more than likely be our major signing. :|

I think you mean Boselli.

We might be after signing 5 people but it doesn’t mean that they’ll be expensive ones, for all we know the majority of them could become free transfers – some players aim to deliberately have their contract run out around world cup time so that other clubs can make the move for them. In saying that though it can always go the other way, in jacking up the prices of otherwise average players. El Hadji Diouf, anyone?

AbramLaticAbramLatic
            Player

El Hadji Diouf…..I’d be embarrassed if we signed him, horrible, horrible human being and a very average footballer as well.

El Hadji Diouf…..I’d be embarrassed if we signed him, horrible, horrible human being and a very average footballer as well.

He’ll have had a good season on Champ Manager, that’ll be why Pelican suggested him.

jamescJamesC
              Player

He’ll have had a good season on Champ Manager, that’ll be why Pelican suggested him.[/quote]

:lol: Like it… I used to think players would be good when they did well for me on LMA05 .. Even the made-up ones :D :D .. Then again Torres was awesome on it :)

Sephton01Liam Sephton
                Player

I’ll hazzard a guess at 3 of the 5 will be Free.

Be interesting if we do sign five that are playing in the world cup, as Boselli and Britton are likely signings plus Alcaraz and Gohouri already signed, be one busy transfer window if true.

jamescJamesC
                  Player
                    Two fo the five we have already signed, Gohouri and Alcaraz. Of the three remaining one is likely to be Leon Britton probably Boselli, that leaves one other.

McArthur???

Could be very, very accurate there Athletico.. Hope this Boselli deal doesn’t collapse like that £7mil deal for the Argentinian striker who was dubbed ‘the new Tevez’ by Whelan then he didn’t get him.. Forgeet his name.

My son spoke to Bob at the DVD signing last week and he said that hopefully the Boselli deal would be completed by Thursday. Fingers crossed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 17 players on Bobs radar