2 points dropped, or a point gained?

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 2 points dropped, or a point gained?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Vat69Vat69
    Player

A frustrating day, today.

Far from at our best, against a very average Rovers. I know the conditions made it difficult, but we just weren’t quite at the races today. A couple of players were below their usual standard.

We didnt get enough decent balls into the box and not slating anyone, but I prefer us with Grigg up front. Why? He is just more mobile and more of a threat. I think we could still do with another striker coming in, come January.

We maybe should have had a penalty, when Toney was flattened, but there we go. With Shrewsbury slipping up, we missed the chance of going top. But we are now only a point behind them.

BullittBullitt
      Player

Two points dropped for me, Blackburn were shite so is Ivan Toney
        And for fuck sake stop banging on about the weather.

Fuck the EFL

donnys pageDonnys Page
        Player

Not dropped, thrown away would be a better description.

Not dropped, thrown away would be a better description.

Can’t make up my mind TBH whether it was points dropped or thrown away. It was a typical edgy & chess like local derby. Quite a few people today not on their game either.

donnys pageDonnys Page
          Player

Chucked away in the sense that we had 32 minutes of home advantage against ten men.

Vat69Vat69
            Player
              Two points dropped for me, Blackburn were shite so is Ivan Toney
              And for fuck sake stop banging on about the weather.

Please fuck off and just dont read my posts then. Simple as that.

Playing against ten men is notoriously difficult.
              They take away any striking threat, but have exactly the same number defending as they had previosuly, with an increased mind set of defending.
              It’s nowhere near as easy as you seem to think.

dnrdnr
              Player

Let’s not be too full of doom and gloom,after all we are second and made a point up on first. Sometimes you draw games in a season it isn’t the end of the world. Should have won though….. don’t think the sending off helped, it just forced an all out defence with the odd break. It is tough to get though a well organised team doing that.

Don’t be so harsh Donny; if you witnessed the game you would recognise this as the toughest game of the season so far, against one of the dirtiest sides so far. They came to spoil, and spoil they did.

Also channel 5 failed to show our clear penalty shout, but questioned their sending off.

All in all, could be a good point in the long run !

bigroybigroy
                Player

What’s all this ten men talk? They had nine men as also had an injury. Quality of crosses bloody awful. One to forget. Least we didn’t lose.

grumpygrumpy
                  Player

We didn’t deserve anything but we got a point, I’m concerned with we’ve played Shrewbury Posh and now Blackburn teams at the top and points return 1 point,were not good enough at the moment to last in the Championship but it’s going to be a great ride.

donnys pageDonnys Page
                    Player
                      What’s all this ten men talk? They had nine men as also had an injury. Quality of crosses bloody awful. One to forget. Least we didn’t lose.

These things happen. One up top and relying on midfielders to score as worked well in many games as is relying on defenders to put decent crosses in rather than playing wingers but against some of the better sides Rovers, Shrewsbury, Peterborough, Pompey we have come unstuck a little. Never mind there is plenty enough crap in this league for us to still walk promotion. Got to get Will fit quick though, he didn’t start any of those matches and he is essential.

We maybe should have had a penalty, when Toney was flattened, but there we go.

It was never a penalty & I actually felt embarrassed that Toney tried to claim it.
                      He dwelled that fraction too long & it allowed the defender to get i a great challenge. Toney realised his error & flings himself to the deck when he felt some contact.
                      Great decision from the ref as was the sending off – I thought the officials were on the money today

BullittBullitt
                      Player
                        I thought the officials were on the money today

You wasnt at the DW Stadium then!

Fuck the EFL

jrfatfanjrfatfan
                        Player

Was going to say the same thing. He and the assistants got hardly anything right. He goes down as the worst official I have ever seen since Kevin Lynch. He made error after error, let the players rough him up in the end he looked like he just wanted to blow up and get off the pitch. It’s not sour grapes as we have been winning matches, the refs in this league are woeful. Yesterday didn’t do anything to change my opinion. Their sending off was ridiculous, as was the lack of cards for persistent fouling. It appears like it’s ok now to go rattling into someone from behind. There must have been at least 10 occasions when players were barged down from behind and play was allowed to continue.
                          I am looking at this as a good point. Blackburn will be our man threat this season and we didn’t allow them to gain any ground. A game to forget for many reasons, let’s move on and focus on the cup game and then Rochdale.

From Matlock to ManU
                          What a journey!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 2 points dropped, or a point gained?