2 points dropped, or a point gained?

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 2 points dropped, or a point gained?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    dnrdnr
    Player

Ha ha Kevin lynch! Did he once send four off from the other side at Springfield? He was proper dreadful!cant remember who against

Ha ha Kevin lynch! Did he once send four off from the other side at Springfield? He was proper dreadful!cant remember who against

Bristol Rovers, and he sent Graeme Jones off too.
      Ian Holloway was their player manager and he was doing everything he could to get another player sent off, so the game would be abandoned, but Lynchy would have none of it. He let all sorts go.
      I stewarded the tunnel, and I had to excort him off at the end. I advised him to hold back and let the tunnel clear (Springy’s tunnel was very narrow and congested) before I led him off and quickly up into his room.
      My job then was to stand outside his door and let no-one in but the assessor, who was in there like a greyhound.
      Every five minutes Holloway came; “can oi just ‘ave a word with the referee?” “Sorry, Mr Holloway, but no-one is allowed in”
      He gave up after about 5 attempts.

dnrdnr
      Player

Good/bad old days, dependent on how you look at it! Funny how things like that stick in the mind

I remember the game when paul rogers barged into him (on purpose) & sent him flying. He was having a shocker as per usual.

Their sending off was ridiculous,

I don’t know where you sit jr but yesterday I sat in es2 g44 & I had an unobstructed view of that sending off offence.
        Burn never got close to him & it was one of the worst dives I’ve ever seen on a football field. Everybody round where I was sat felt the same.

I will give you though that he let nudges in the back go but I’d prefer him to ref that way than to blow up for every little misdemeanour & ruin the flow of the game.

First game at this level that I’ve seen & as I said the ref & the assistant on the east stand side really impressed me. If they had a fault it was slow signalling & whistling for offsides which on one occasion almost wound up with Toney getting injured after him & the keeper collided

BullittBullitt
        Player

Their sending off was ridiculous,

I don’t know where you sit jr but yesterday I sat in es2 g44 & I had an unobstructed view of that sending off offence.
          Burn never got close to him & it was one of the worst dives I’ve ever seen on a football field. Everybody round where I was sat felt the same.

I will give you though that he let nudges in the back go but I’d prefer him to ref that way than to blow up for every little misdemeanour & ruin the flow of the game.

First game at this level that I’ve seen & as I said the ref & the assistant on the east stand side really impressed me. If they had a fault it was slow signalling & whistling for offsides which on one occasion almost wound up with Toney getting injured after him & the keeper collided[/quote]

You said the ‘officials were on the money’ earlier. ?????

Fuck the EFL

If in 90 minutes the worst criticisms I have is that an offside signal was a bit slow & some nudges in the back were let go then yes to me they were on the money.
          All their big calls were spot on & if people use a complete non penalty & a justified 2nd caution as the big criticisms then to me it shows the officials got things right.
          There was also uproar round me in the 1st half when the liner flagged offside before a cross that wound up with a header flashing just wide – I was bang on line with that & he was about a yard offside

filmossfilmoss
          Player
            If in 90 minutes the worst criticisms I have is that an offside signal was a bit slow & some nudges in the back were let go then yes to me they were on the money.
            All their big calls were spot on & if people use a complete non penalty & a justified 2nd caution as the big criticisms then to me it shows the officials got things right.
            There was also uproar round me in the 1st half when the liner flagged offside before a cross that wound up with a header flashing just wide – I was bang on line with that & he was about a yard offside

He did hold aloft the red card before the yellow though! ;)

He did hold aloft the red card before the yellow though! ;)[/quote]

Yeah I spotted that at the time!! I didn’t mention that as I’ve cautioned players & wondered whey everyone’s kicking off until I realise that I’m waving my red card in their face – even the best of us do it ;-)

donnys pageDonnys Page
            Player

Ian Holloway was their player manager and he was doing everything he could to get another player sent off, so the game would be abandoned, but Lynchy would have none of it. He let all sorts go.
              I stewarded the tunnel, and I had to excort him off at the end. I advised him to hold back and let the tunnel clear (Springy’s tunnel was very narrow and congested) before I led him off and quickly up into his room.
              My job then was to stand outside his door and let no-one in but the assessor, who was in there like a greyhound.
              Every five minutes Holloway came; “can oi just ‘ave a word with the referee?” “Sorry, Mr Holloway, but no-one is allowed in”
              He gave up after about 5 attempts.[/quote]
              Jonesy should never have been sent off. Cheating get!!!

horchorc
              Manager

He gave up after about 5 attempts.[/quote]
                Jonesy should never have been sent off. Cheating get!!![/quote]

You are right there Donny, the Bristol player should have walked for the way he went to ground after assaulting Joneseys forehead with his nose, it was was criminal.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 2 points dropped, or a point gained?