3-3 cracking game, great entertainment

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 3-3 cracking game, great entertainment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

early goals, late goals, great goals, controversy, sendings off, penalties not given, penalty won by a goalkeeper, new formation, attacking play, unexpected goalscorers, defensive mistakes, goalkeeping mistakes, referee mistakes – entertainment galore

other than getting 3 points it was pretty much all you could wish for in 90(+9) minutes of football

and other than being gutted at not winning i for one was happy with what was dished up at the dw on saturday

if every remaining home game was a 3-3 draw then the (inevitable) relegation which followed would be of little concern

Dangerous talk on here to actually enjoy a game of football. If it is not on a cr*ppy ground, with less than 2000 fans, in debt to the clubs collective eye balls then it was a poor result no matter what. Even staying up seems to annoy some people.

well said that man

Squire Manny BrownBB
    Player

We were even second on MOTD – that must have p****d the United and Arsenal fans right off.

It’s strange but some of the D/S on here say the football under Bob is boring and some say they now no longer go to games. But for me I’ve probably got more “never to be forgotten games ” etched in the memory for all time since Bob came. The wins against Chelsea & Liverpool , the comeback against Arsenal , Saturday’s 3-3 , the Stoke last day win and the never , ever to be forgotten West Ham game. If you asked me to mention the most memorable game under Bruce ,I’d have to give it some thought. ( The point at Anfield ? )

Yes , we may be struggling and there are many downs at the moment but when the ups come, us “loyalists ” won’t half enjoy it.

Boring ? – I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

jrfatfanjrfatfan
      Player

goodpost goodpost goodpost goodpost goodpost

From Matlock to ManU
        What a journey!

MickyCMike
        Player
          We were even second on MOTD – that must have p****d the United and Arsenal fans right off.

It’s strange but some of the D/S on here say the football under Bob is boring and some say they now no longer go to games. But for me I’ve probably got more “never to be forgotten games ” etched in the memory for all time since Bob came. The wins against Chelsea & Liverpool , the comeback against Arsenal , Saturday’s 3-3 , the Stoke last day win and the never , ever to be forgotten West Ham game. If you asked me to mention the most memorable game under Bruce ,I’d have to give it some thought. ( The point at Anfield ? )

Yes , we may be struggling and there are many downs at the moment but when the ups come, us “loyalists ” won’t half enjoy it.

Boring ? – I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

Well put Sir…..some truely magic moments there.

May I crave your indulgence; I’m after a little bit of help. I’m trying to find the identity of the guy below (only a photofit I know) but he was last seen either in a pub, on an armchair or at a bus stop listening in to others conversations – somewhere in Wigan – It could be one of a number of people…..and if anybody else has any ideas then maybe they could name him for me.

Does anyone recognise this chap?

Anonymous

Feckin ‘ell looks like that mon what owns tudor house. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Danny_TDanny Taylor
            Player

Hull 0-5 Wigan

A Martinez team would never produce that against any level of opposition!

Anonymous

get your ass to sunderland and watch your statment come back to haunt you ;)

jrfatfanjrfatfan
                Player
                  Hull 0-5 Wigan

A Martinez team would never produce that against any level of opposition!

And we only had 4 direct attempts on goal during the whole match! :woohoo:

From Matlock to ManU
                  What a journey!

filmossfilmoss
                  Player

To the neutral Sat was a most enthralling contest. As a fan I felt robbed yet a little frustrated at Moses naivety at giving away a needless free kick that lead to the corner ! Without sounding too negative, a point against a very very poor Blackburn side is nothing to get all excited about. We should have seen that game out not thrown it away like we did ! Most football fans love a big scoring game but not when its your team shipping 3 goals and cancelling out all the hard work. The overall performance was better and we gave it a go which is all one can ask of the team but the defence is awful and we simply don’t close teams down. As Griff said, we are more than likely going down this season and the manager aint going anywhere and so as long as the team go down fighting like they did Sat then fair do’s ! It will be many many a year before we grace the pinnacle of English football if ever at all !

You probably need to understand that we are a poor team, we will probably go down, but they are giving it a go.

The amount of people who continually get surprised at the team, manager and results amazes me.

I hated drawing that game on Saturday, but to a point made elsewhere on this site, name a classic game when Bruce was in charge, I cant think of any.

These are only my opinion obviously but how about these for starters:
                    15/12/07: 5-3 v Blackburn Rovers
                    18/10/08: 2-3 v Liverpool

There were others I could have put in but I guess it all depends on your criteria of a classic coz I’m sure there are some who would put the 1-0 win over Liverpool under Bobby as a classic but I wouldn’t. Great result yes but not a classic. The 3-2 win over Arsenal?? Unbelievable last 10 minutes admittedly but absolute dross for the previous 80 so I wouldn’t have that down as a classic either
                    There are other good results under Bruce such as the 5-0 win over Hull, drawing away at Chelsea etc.. but they weren’t classics IMO

If you want a classic under bruce here goes –

A game that we actually lost 3-2 v liverpool away 2008, this was the best ever performance i have ever seen from a wigan athletic side under any manager, 2 stunning goals from zaki, a display of power, pace and skill that silenced the scousers for 77 minutes until a refereeing boo boo far worse than any seen on saturday saw valencia sent off for enchroaching from a free kick – when TV replays showed, and everyone at the ground knew hadnt even happened.
                    This one incident gave liverpool some impetus and a foothold in a game they were dead and buried in, an equaliser followed and a last minute winner broke our hearts.

It will never take away how good we were that day – within days palacious and heskey had departed and that quality never repeated.

filmossfilmoss
                    Player

So most of us agree one thing then, that we are more than likely going to go down ! Lets say we do, what are we after gaining next season ? We don’t want to come back up, we don’t want to get to a play offs to get beat so what will we be playing for ? I don’t know about you lot, but I have always been a competitive person and winning is the only way ! Next season will be like being in limbo with nothing to play for !!

So most of us agree one thing then, that we are more than likely going to go down ! Lets say we do, what are we after gaining next season ? We don’t want to come back up, we don’t want to get to a play offs to get beat so what will we be playing for ? I don’t know about you lot, but I have always been a competitive person and winning is the only way ! Next season will be like being in limbo with nothing to play for !!

Who says nobody wants to come back up? Being the ultimate yo-yo has a certain appeal to me. A year of winning, a year of dross, a year of winning, a year of dross… I could get used to that

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 3-3 cracking game, great entertainment