3-3 cracking game, great entertainment

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 3-3 cracking game, great entertainment

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    filmossfilmoss
    Player

So most of us agree one thing then, that we are more than likely going to go down ! Lets say we do, what are we after gaining next season ? We don’t want to come back up, we don’t want to get to a play offs to get beat so what will we be playing for ? I don’t know about you lot, but I have always been a competitive person and winning is the only way ! Next season will be like being in limbo with nothing to play for !!

Who says nobody wants to come back up? Being the ultimate yo-yo has a certain appeal to me. A year of winning, a year of dross, a year of winning, a year of dross… I could get used to that[/quote]

Boing boing go the springy boys the springy boys the springy boys boing boing go the springy boys early in the morning !!

New song ! Obviously I wouldnt be able to participate, it wouldn’t feel right !! ;)

If you want a classic under bruce here goes –

A game that we actually lost 3-2 v liverpool away 2008, this was the best ever performance i have ever seen from a wigan athletic side under any manager, 2 stunning goals from zaki, a display of power, pace and skill that silenced the scousers for 77 minutes until a refereeing boo boo far worse than any seen on saturday saw valencia sent off for enchroaching from a free kick – when TV replays showed, and everyone at the ground knew hadnt even happened.
      This one incident gave liverpool some impetus and a foothold in a game they were dead and buried in, an equaliser followed and a last minute winner broke our hearts.

It will never take away how good we were that day – within days palacious and heskey had departed and that quality never repeated.

Fair point that was a cracker, I just remembered that one. Special moment was the Zaki goal and his 15 minute track upto us away fans to celebrate…

So apart from that…… oh maybe the blackburn game….. but apart from that :)

There is no doubt that the game on saturday had everything, goals , drama and heartache, it was a great to watch for that reason especially for the impartial football fans watching, but the thing it had more than anything that is recognised by every non martinez fan, every blackburn fan at the game,the pundits on tv and most of sundays media was, lack of quality – it was error strewn from start to finish played out by the two worst teams in the premier league.

A game that we actually lost 3-2 v liverpool away 2008, this was the best ever performance i have ever seen from a wigan athletic side under any manager, 2 stunning goals from zaki, a display of power, pace and skill that silenced the scousers for 77 minutes until a refereeing boo boo far worse than any seen on saturday saw valencia sent off for enchroaching from a free kick – when TV replays showed, and everyone at the ground knew hadnt even happened.
      This one incident gave liverpool some impetus and a foothold in a game they were dead and buried in, an equaliser followed and a last minute winner broke our hearts.

It will never take away how good we were that day – within days palacious and heskey had departed and that quality never repeated.

Fair point that was a cracker, I just remembered that one. Special moment was the Zaki goal and his 15 minute track upto us away fans to celebrate…

So apart from that…… oh maybe the blackburn game….. but apart from that :)[/quote]

Ironically, given the criticism of Bobby’s chosen formation (& if my memory serves me right), Bruce employed a 4-5-1 formation that day & it worked a treat
      Also if I remember rightly Valencia received his 1st caution for encroaching at a wall when he hadn’t but Steven Gerrard complained when he messed up his free kick. He got a second yellow about 5 minutes later for a challenge where he got the top of the ball first but clattered into the Mouser – Even Benitez said the first caution was a joke but sort of qualified that by saying the second caution should have been a straight red so justice was done. I can’t remember the challenge that well but remember plenty of people arguing that he’d got the ball
      That ref was a plank all through the game & the most glaring example of how much of a “homer” he was came with the substiutions. When Latics made a couple at 2-1 up he made a point of running up to the player going off telling em to hurry up. When Liverpool went 3-2 up, made a substitution & the player trundled off he stood 30-40 yards away doing nowt

I’ve not seen many, if any, better goals scored by a Latics mon than Zaki’s 2nd that day – what a waste of talent he turned out to be

jrfatfanjrfatfan
      Player

I find it very amusing that you select one of our great performances under Bruce and its one that we concede 3 sloppy goals. Chuckle brother and the Birdman have a chance yet me thinks. ;)

From Matlock to ManU
        What a journey!

Hindley blueHindley blue
        Player

I find it very amusing that you select one of our great performances under Bruce and its one that we concede 3 sloppy goals. Chuckle brother and the Birdman have a chance yet me thinks. ;)[/quote]

Against a half decent Liverpool team not a 10 man bag of shite like Blackburn. Oh and we were away.

I find it very amusing that you select one of our great performances under Bruce and its one that we concede 3 sloppy goals. Chuckle brother and the Birdman have a chance yet me thinks. ;)[/quote]

Its nowhere near as amusing as the least intelligent half of the double act ‘dumb & dumber’ chipping in with another uninformed retort that has no foundations.
          Two of the goals were after valencia had been sent off, against a team that was joint top at the time, a team might, I add that finished 2nd overall that season were the highest goals scorers and remained the only team undefeated at home.
          It wasn’t 3 goals conceeded against the 3 worst teams in the league as the last batch has been.

Anonymous

It amazes me how the darkside since Bobbies arrival take every win and find the negatives about it like teh Chelsea win they had 9 men not untill the 93rd minute mind

The Aresnal win a poor aresnal side missing influential players the fact that bobbie in games against Liverpool have all been tight affairs but Liverpool are on a transitional period

Seems to me they will not give the man a ounce of praise for any of them results nor being the only team to win at Stoke last season or the only team to win at Spurs

Before they throw the old list of heavy defeats into the argument is it not a sign that things have improved with those heavy defeats being few and far between now or are all the prem teams having a off day when they play us

filmossfilmoss
            Player
              It amazes me how the darkside since Bobbies arrival take every win and find the negatives about it like teh Chelsea win they had 9 men not untill the 93rd minute mind

The Aresnal win a poor aresnal side missing influential players the fact that bobbie in games against Liverpool have all been tight affairs but Liverpool are on a transitional period

Seems to me they will not give the man a ounce of praise for any of them results nor being the only team to win at Stoke last season or the only team to win at Spurs

Before they throw the old list of heavy defeats into the argument is it not a sign that things have improved with those heavy defeats being few and far between now or are all the prem teams having a off day when they play us

The league table doesn’t tell lies !! ;)

Anonymous

True but it’s a 38 game season not 12

jrfatfanjrfatfan
                Player

bushakkk!! well said that man!! goodpost.

I’m actually amazed that half of these Victor Meldrew stereotypical knobs have managed to sprize their tails from between their legs, after last seasons two fingered salute they got from Bobby, DW, the Team, and of course our loyal supporters.
                  Perhaps LMB can team up with HB and Wigmon to write and sing a new ditty. I can just hear it now being penned…..”Put on yer new shoes, please listen to our views….we’ve got the relegation, yes the relegation, we got the relegation blues”

HB LMB WM

From Matlock to ManU
                  What a journey!

jrfatfanjrfatfan
                  Player

30 secs after that picture was taken of hindley blue, along came
                    his mate loudmouthblue

From Matlock to ManU
                    What a journey!

filmossfilmoss
                    Player

And so lets presume we pick up 6 points from the next 12 games ( I have us down for 8 ) and 6 points for the 12 after that and it wont be looking too healthy will it !! My forecast does have us improving albeit only slightly !

of the next 24 games – win 8, lose 8, draw 8

set us up nicely to win the last 2

finish with 44 points, 15th place

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 3-3 cracking game, great entertainment