32 Quid toneet for a Dad and Lad…….THATS THE PROBLEM!

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 32 Quid toneet for a Dad and Lad…….THATS THE PROBLEM!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    In The KnowIn The Know
    Player

As a ST Holder ive lost track of prices,when I asked a bloke at work if he was going toneet he said,`Aye,goin t`pub to watch it`.
      You know what,I cant blame him either!
      We can slag em off as much as we want,but until the club do summert radical,ie.quid a kid,we will continue struggling to attract the floating speccie.

Only reason im going tonight is i have got some free tickets. Whelan takes none of my money any more. Countless season tickets and £££s down the swanny because he loves to sell our best players every year. Show some Mr. Whelan and you watch our support grow.

alansmithalansmith
      Player

tha should change tha Y to a T, hughsie. :o

Anonymous

Yosser_Hughesn

Only reason im going tonight is i have got some free tickets. Whelan takes none of my money any more. Countless season tickets and £££s down the swanny because he loves to sell our best players every year. Show some Mr. Whelan and you watch our support grow.[spot on i wont be givin any more money to fund dw sports and why he sells our best players every season i remeber whelan sayin that we are not a selling club anymore. Remember this time last season we was looking at europe ]

pembertonianPembertonian
          Player

That’s cheap compared to the rest of the Prem and plenty of Championship clubs.
            We’re talking about the best league in the most popular sport on the planet.

alan smith? you have not dragged that one up for a while arky or do you go through a list and it was that fictitious characters turn tonight :roll:

No1fanNo1fan
            Player

We are far from your typical Premiership or Championship club, what the rest do doesn’t apply.

We should have South stand only offers giving each adult ticket holder two junior tickets for £1. If the scheme is popular extend it to the East stand wings, if demand oustrips supply, the club can then consider offering ticket prices inline with the rest.

pembertonianPembertonian
              Player

We are far from your typical Premiership or Championship club, what the rest do doesn’t apply.
                We should have South stand only offers giving each adult ticket holder two junior tickets for £1. If the scheme is popular extend it to the East stand wings, if demand oustrips supply, the club can then consider offering ticket prices inline with the rest.[/quote]
                What’s the difference?

alan smith? you have not dragged that one up for a while arky or do you go through a list and it was that fictitious characters turn tonight :roll:

you’re fookin scaring me now pal, :lol: :lol: :lol:

No1fanNo1fan
                Player

We should have South stand only offers giving each adult ticket holder two junior tickets for £1. If the scheme is popular extend it to the East stand wings, if demand oustrips supply, the club can then consider offering ticket prices inline with the rest.[/quote]
                  What’s the difference?[/quote]About 50 years football league history and generations of lost support, meaning we as a club can’t click our fingers and attract 15k-20k extra fans overnight like, for example, Stoke.

We have the 5k South stand sitting empty most games, would any Latics fan begrude it being used to offer very cheap family tickets or for community projects?

I couldn’t afford to take my two nieces into the West stand, offer a decent deal for the South stand and the club would have two new season ticket holders.

Vat69Vat69
                  Player

When we were in second division, we played at Bradford. It was a dull 0-0 draw, in front of about 8,000.

My mate was living up there at the time, and met me there. He told me that the previous Tuesday night, they’d had a game where they had made it FREE entrance for people.

The attendance was 19,000!

Now, if Wigan tried something similar, to perhaps try and get more people interested, do you suddenly think that we would end up getting 19,000 home fans turning out for it? I don’t. I don’t think it would make that much of a difference. The reason being that Wiganers are so fickle, really, they are god-awful at supporting their local club. No good kidding ourselves otherwise.

Too many would rather sit in a pub, spouting all their ‘expert’ analasys on the game, rather than actually going to the game.

I would say though, if that Hull game becomes a real ‘must win’ game, that the club should try it. Even if it just gets an extra couple of thousand on. But then again, if they advertise it to the hilt, “THE must-win game of the season…..Do it for Wigan!” for example, then maybe we could at least pack out that South Stand, and create an atmosphere?

And if that fails, then I wouldn’t blame the club for not trying in the future.

TL is dead right. Its too expensive to encourage new fans. I live in the North East and would have gone to the Sunderland game, but £28 for an adult, plus whatever it would’ve been for my lad was too much for me.

I’d give every ST holder 5 free tickets a season for any game to sell to their mates for whatever they could get. Subsidise the ST holders and reward them for getting new fans in.

bob16alec almond
                    Player

FREE ticket for every scout,cub,beaver,aircadet,ta ,brownies,guides etc
                      we need to create an atmosphere of some sort.

tea bag headTea Bag Head
                      Player

that is my favourite word – beaver !!

closely followed by my second best – monkey, as in ‘show us your’

No1fanNo1fan
                        Player

Too many would rather sit in a pub, spouting all their ‘expert’ analasys on the game, rather than actually going to the game.

People in the pub are the last people we should be worrying about as a club, it’s the next generation of support we should focus on.

There are five season ticket holders in our group, when the 3 for 30 offer was on we brought seven people over the course of the three games, four of which were juniors, all of whom want to return.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 32 Quid toneet for a Dad and Lad…….THATS THE PROBLEM!