4 games 1 point

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4 games 1 point

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    JaytJayt
    Chairman

I know the dark side won’t agree with this so don’t read on and dont reply if you are in that camp, i cannot be arsed with you…

The last 4 games has seen us be the much better team without getting the results we deserve.

Hugo scores a pefectly good goal at Wolves, Pederson scores a perfectly illeagl goal, when are we going to get the rub of the green. No preferential treatment, just correct decisions.

Match of the day showed the referee say oh shit to himself today when he realised he screwed up with the corner incident, but he still didn’t do anything.

Don’t get me on to the stone wall penalty that he didn’t give when Victor was hacked down……

FA Cup Winners 2013, sounds good that

So are you saying its ok to complain and curse the bad luck at the same time as ignoring the good fortune – lets not forget di santo’s big deflections or the fact that QPR hit the post/bar numerous times, and with regard to the good goal for hugo at wolves in a game that we were shocking in not the best side as you claim, that non goal was discussed on here including a number of reviews via Sky i player and it was totally inconclusive and he didnt complain.

So are you saying its ok to complain and curse the bad luck at the same time as ignoring the good fortune – lets not forget di santo’s big deflections or the fact that QPR hit the post/bar numerous times, and with regard to the good goal for hugo at wolves in a game that we were shocking in not the best side as you claim, that non goal was discussed on here including a number of reviews via Sky i player and it was totally inconclusive and he didnt complain.

Our uneasy truce is over, mate.

If you think we were shocking at Wolves, you clearly know fuck all about football, something I have suspected for a while.

Secondly, on an earlier thread you criticised Caldwell for not preventing the corner that led to the “ghost” goal. Very harsh, particularly as he was arguably fouled as he tried to deal with it.

Finally, and not aimed at you, how we didn’t get a penalty for the Moses challenge, I’ll never know.

PS Finally, good to see people recognising the quality goal from Gomez. Oh, hang on… it’s not been mentioned has it? Apart from you LMB, who has bizarrely tried to claim that he only scored because Sammon obstructed the keeper’s view. Yeah, right

MickyCMike
      Player
        So are you saying its ok to complain and curse the bad luck at the same time as ignoring the good fortune –

What good fortune?….even before anyone reads your ‘snapshot memory’ of games ….

lets not forget di santo’s big deflections or the fact that QPR hit the post/bar numerous times,

Oh! No one in the premier league has scored a ‘deflected’ goal this season, or indeed since its inception……..the point is, is that it was a shot…on target (ok but still a shot) and he scored (twice).

Secondly, why omit the number of times we have ‘hit the post’…..FFS Blackburn did it today (failed to mention that to)

and with regard to the good goal for hugo at wolves in a game that we were shocking Your poor opinion……in my belief in not the best side as you claim, that non goal was discussed on here including a number of reviews via Sky i player and it was totally inconclusive and he didnt complain.

Why are you going back to the ‘Sky i player’?…..is that the way you analyze games….cannot make ‘realtime’ decisions?…..need the technology?

It’s all subjective kid…..let the debate begin

If you think we were shocking at Wolves, you clearly know fuck all about football, something I have suspected for a while.

So apart from the unbelievably poor finishing, calamatous defending and Al Habsi making countless world class saves preventing double figures and being made man of the match, and countless people claiming it on all the message boards with hardly a retraction or arguement from the lightside, we were OK ?

May i suggest you have memory problems, i wouldn’t dare to suggest that the ‘high and mighty griff’ “knows fuck all about football” if you think that display wasn’t shocking, something that TV, and every newspaper accused us of post match.

Secondly, on an earlier thread you criticised Caldwell for not preventing the corner that led to the “ghost” goal. Very harsh, particularly as he was arguably fouled as he tried to deal with it.

Yes i agree i got this one totally wrong – at the time i had only seen it from 120 yards away and a replay on a semi frozen computer replay – it was in actual fact a glaring mistake from another of martinez’s signings gohouri who just missed the header, but i have to agree i did think it was a push on caldwell.

Finally, and not aimed at you, how we didn’t get a penalty for the Moses challenge, I’ll never know.

Again I agree, but its the bad defending thats let us down once again not bad refereeing

PS Finally, good to see people recognising the quality goal from Gomez. Oh, hang on… it’s not been mentioned has it? Apart from you LMB, who has bizarrely tried to claim that he only scored because Sammon obstructed the keeper’s view. Yeah, right

Once again you let your vitriol get in the way of facts where i am concerned, read it again i said that blackburns manager claimed it was a “a swings and roundabout moment” when challenged about the “ghost goal” – if it would have been the other way we would have claimed the same – infact didnt martinez do exactly that with an goal against us this season.

The only thing i have said about today, is it cannot just be down to bad luck when every goal against us are down to bad defending, yet martinez fails week in, week out to address this problem.

something i forgot to add, which you also had a veiled dig in my direction for my failure to do mention him.

I dont think gomez is any good at all, perhaps some day i will change my opinion of him, but he was one of the better players on the pitch today and when martinez took him off we didnt look anything like as good,and he did score a good goal and with a littlre luck could have had another, martinez got it wrong taking him off and leaving the ineffective moses on.

edit
        I think you may also find i am the only person on any message board tonight who mentions the fact that gomez was one of our better players today, i can only think of diame who was better than him actually.

Christ, don’t you go on?

Despite all the mistakes and missed chances against Wolves we still dominated the game.

You only mentioned the Gomez goal to say that Sammon was offside.

I know the dark side won’t agree with this so don’t read on and dont reply if you are in that camp, i cannot be arsed with you…

The last 4 games has seen us be the much better team without getting the results we deserve.

Hugo scores a pefectly good goal at Wolves, Pederson scores a perfectly illeagl goal, when are we going to get the rub of the green. No preferential treatment, just correct decisions.

Match of the day showed the referee say oh shit to himself today when he realised he screwed up with the corner incident, but he still didn’t do anything.

Don’t get me on to the stone wall penalty that he didn’t give when Victor was hacked down……

Rodallega was offside against Wolves. I thought it at the time & I still think it having seen it again on sky iplayer
        There’s no doubt that Pedersen’s goal shouldn’t have stood yesterday but you don’t mention the fact that our opening goal should have been ruled out for offside as Sammon was clearly obstructing the keepers view & he wasn’t marginally offside he was yards offside.
        Or the fact that the free kick that Caldwell took was from a “moving ball” & therefore shouldn’t have stood.

I’ve said elsewhere, but skriking about the ref smacks of both desparation & not being prepared to admit that the side just isn’t good enough. Football is about scoring goals & not conceding them & Latics aren’t very good at either of them. The defending for all 3 of Latics goals was shocking yesterday. To be caught out again (as they were at Wolves) from a goal kick shows that they are incapable of learning from their mistakes. The second goal (poor refereeing decision aside) broke the golden rule of playign to the whistle coz they just all stopped & the defending for the 2 free kicks (& Moses idiotic challenge that led to one of em) & the corner were poor in the extreme.
        As whoever the co-commentator on Sky’s coverage has just said after the award of the penalty “Wigan have only themselves to blame for that”

Or are the referees for our countless defensive mistakes & the inability of our players to put away the chances that are created.
        Latics have lost all 4 of those games because they haven’t been good enough purely & simply

filmossfilmoss
        Player

Hey Griff, we had a football coach drive us to the game yesterday and he is a voyeur on here. Now you may think I am making this up but I am being dead honest. He said ” That griff guy has got very little knowledge of football. He sounds like a clever bloke but some of his footballing comments are beyond belief ” !!!! Straight up mate ha ha ha The reason he mentioned you was because I was saying that some posters on here go in the Brick !!

Hindley blueHindley blue
          Player
            Hey Griff, we had a football coach drive us to the game yesterday and he is a voyeur on here. Now you may think I am making this up but I am being dead honest. He said ” That griff guy has got very little knowledge of football. He sounds like a clever bloke but some of his footballing comments are beyond belief ” !!!! Straight up mate ha ha ha The reason he mentioned you was because I was saying that some posters on here go in the Brick !!

Only some ;) ;) ;)

tertsflantertsflan
            Player

Rodallega was offside against Wolves. I thought it at the time & I still think it having seen it again on sky iplayer

But he wasn’t offside, the stat guys Prozone(?) in their figures stated that he was 1.5 yards onside. Yet there wasn’t even a mention of it at the time or since.

The originator is right, we have been the better team in the last four games, only the ardent knockers will argue that we weren’t. It is plain to see that we can’t hit a barn door and it is the coaches job to get the players past the block (maybe yesterday was the turning point?). Couple that with some awful officiating, yesterday saw the ref not give a nailed on penalty when Moses was hacked in the box as well as the farce of the corner.

I think your mate is confusing not knowing anything with not agreeing with what I say. There’s a big difference. I can’t recall ever saying anything technical on here about football that could remotely be considered to be beyond belief other than if it is the polar opposite of what someone else believes or thinks.

He’s right about one thing, though – I am a clever bloke.

filmossfilmoss
              Player

I just laughed because I thought it was funny !!

Then you’re easily pleased, which is ironic really

But he wasn’t offside, the stat guys Prozone(?) in their figures stated that he was 1.5 yards onside. Yet there wasn’t even a mention of it at the time or since.

Not one Wigan Athletic fan can honestly say if rodellega was off side or not, wigan fans at the ground were behind the goal at the other end and the LIVE tv broadcast did not show a side view in any replay of the run, the only reference to it was by commentator, ex wolves player don goodman, who said:-
                “was rodelegga off side then ? that was very close, i’d like to see that again, and if he was off side thats ridiculous because he had no need to be as he had got in between the defenders”
                It never showed any replays on TV it just showed a closeup of the linesman with is flag up so it is impossible for anyone to say if hugo was offside or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4 games 1 point