4 games 1 point

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4 games 1 point

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    acefaceaaron yates
    Player
      I know the dark side won’t agree with this so don’t read on and dont reply if you are in that camp, i cannot be arsed with you…

The last 4 games has seen us be the much better team without getting the results we deserve.

Hugo scores a pefectly good goal at Wolves, Pederson scores a perfectly illeagl goal, when are we going to get the rub of the green. No preferential treatment, just correct decisions.

Match of the day showed the referee say oh shit to himself today when he realised he screwed up with the corner incident, but he still didn’t do anything.

Don’t get me on to the stone wall penalty that he didn’t give when Victor was hacked down……

OPENING LINE………….LMB,HINDLEYBLUE,FILMOSS ;) ;) ;)

Its not the Third Reich for fucks sake, although you lot who support the clown we have in charge think it is.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

oh i just woke up and remembered the I had a very good days fishing on the Ribble today. loads of big dace on the stick and pin.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

SammySammy
      Player
        I’ve said elsewhere, but skriking about the ref smacks of both desparation & not being prepared to admit that the side just isn’t good enough.

Martinez is not one for using referring errors as an excuse for bad results. But, we’re not talking about your usual refereeing error here are we? It is clear from the Sky coverage that Marriner was facing Yakubu as he placed the ball for the corner and presumably, like everyone else, saw that no contact was made. If he had than he would have considered the ball to be in play and wouldn’t have turned his back on proceedings. So when he eventually turned to see Pedersen charging into the box after playing the corner to himself what the hell did he think had happened? The answer is he had no idea because he screwed up big time and wasn’t watching play. Rank bad referring worthy of a suspension and/or demotion so, leaving aside whether the team is good enough or not, I fail to see how Martinez “skriking” about that can be considered as some kind of desperation on his part.
        Goals change games and had that been disallowed we would be here debating the merits of the team in a well fought win.

What stretch was that on john – is there anywhere that doesnt have an albert ot ribchester card can go to catch some proper fish ?

oh i still have a st helens card i think they still have that stretch opposite the the bottom end of balderstone farm Elston.
        Is there anywhere else ?

Martinez is not one for using referring errors as an excuse for bad results. But, we’re not talking about your usual refereeing error here are we? It is clear from the Sky coverage that Marriner was facing Yakubu as he placed the ball for the corner and presumably, like everyone else, saw that no contact was made. If he had than he would have considered the ball to be in play and wouldn’t have turned his back on proceedings. So when he eventually turned to see Pedersen charging into the box after playing the corner to himself what the hell did he think had happened? The answer is he had no idea because he screwed up big time and wasn’t watching play. Rank bad referring worthy of a suspension and/or demotion so, leaving aside whether the team is good enough or not, I fail to see how Martinez “skriking” about that can be considered as some kind of desperation on his part.
        Goals change games and had that been disallowed we would be here debating the merits of the team in a well fought win.

Its skriking & desperation because, as bad an error as it was, Bobby neglected to mention that poor officiating was also responsible for 2 of Latics goals (the 1st & the last)
        As Kean correctly pointed out after the game, its swings & roundabouts – Latics got some decisions their way & they got some the other way

The corner was rank bad refereeing, but having turned his back to the ball Marriner couldn’t pull play back for something he didn’t see (when I’ve reff’d I’ve had games where I’ve known someone has smacked another player – heard it & one bloke is on the floor clutching his face, but if I haven’t seen it I can’t give it) & from that point on Latics should have played to the whistle & they didn’t & it cost them a goal.
        Marriner also wasn’t looking when Caldwell took the free kick that led to Crusat’s goal coz if he had he’d have pulled play back & the liner should have flagged after Gomez’s goal to inform Marriner that Sammon was offside & left it to the ref to judge whether he was interfering with play coz the liner can’t tell.
        Both those officials will get some form of demotion (however temporary) coz they were poor throughout

Bobby has every right to complain about the second goal but he seems to have pinned the blame for the draw solely at the officials feet & that isn’t the case – as other’s have pointed out there was poor decision making both in defence & attack that cost Latics just as much & that’s why Bobby’s comments come over as “skriking”, “desperate” & attempting to shift the blame.

Bobby has every right to complain about the second goal but he seems to have pinned the blame for the draw solely at the officials feet & that isn’t the case – as other’s have pointed out there was poor decision making both in defence & attack that cost Latics just as much & that’s why Bobby’s comments come over as “skriking”, “desperate” & attempting to shift the blame.

The lad really can’t win can he? If he had done his usual trick of picking out the positives (of which there were many amongst the usual mistakes) he’d have been roundly criticised for burying his head in the sand. However, he tries to blame it on the ref like many other more qualified and experienced managers would, yet he ia immediately accused of skriking.

Oh, and that 1st goal? Yes, technically speaking he was offside but 100 times out of 100 that would not be given as offside. Just as the rolling ball one wouldn’t have been pulled back – well maybe 99 out of a 100 on that one.

As for the dodgy corner. Just typical that it happens to us but if we had been switched on and taking notice maybe it wouldn’t have turned out to be so critical.

Given that most of the darkside on here would complain if they won a million on the lottery, that they got paid in fivers, Bobby will never be able to do or say the right thing, apart from resign.

Lets take the premise that we have an awful team, manager and probably fan base as well. The lads are certainly giving it a go. My guess that it will go down hill in the next couple of months, but all I ever asked when we got promoted was to give it a go. They are doing that !

The lad really can’t win can he? If he had done his usual trick of picking out the positives (of which there were many amongst the usual mistakes) he’d have been roundly criticised for burying his head in the sand. However, he tries to blame it on the ref like many other more qualified and experienced managers would, yet he ia immediately accused of skriking.

Oh, and that 1st goal? Yes, technically speaking he was offside but 100 times out of 100 that would not be given as offside. Just as the rolling ball one wouldn’t have been pulled back – well maybe 99 out of a 100 on that one.

As for the dodgy corner. Just typical that it happens to us but if we had been switched on and taking notice maybe it wouldn’t have turned out to be so critical.[/quote]

He did pick out the positives. He described it as a magnificent performance especially in light of the pressure the players were under. Or words to that effect.
        To be honest I’ve no problem with him coming out with some of the stuff he comes out with after defeats since I accepted that he will never slate his team in public & I understand the reasons for that even if he winds up making himself look & sound stupid at times
        Nor do I have a problem with a manager who criticises a ref if a mistake or missing somet has cost them but when the same officials mistakes have benefitted their side its best to keep schtum.

I have also seen plenty of goals disallowed in similar circumstances to Latics first on Saturday just as I have seen plenty of refs at all levels pull back play when a free kick is taken from a moving ball & they are always accompanied by cries of “let the game flow” – regardless of whether sometimes the officials don’t always pick it up doesn’t mean that in this instance they shouldn’t have applied the laws of the game.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4 games 1 point