Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4,677

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    AbramLaticAbramLatic
    Player

Wiganers, Blue or Cherry & White aren’t exactly great when it comes to getting off their backsides to watch their team, especially when it’s on the box so 4,677 is hardly a surprise.

However, when it comes to that lot, “loyalist fans in the world” and the media “Wigan’s a rugby town”, it all helps to further blow those myths out of the water. Have to compliment them on that crowd though, sure we can all agree that when you play a SF at Warrington and in Leigh and only take 11,000 in total then 4,000 making the long journey on a Friday night is an achievement.

IWe are taking about the best fans in the world and the greatest cup completion in the world…according to them anyway).

As for Mutty, those grapes turned sour a long time ago. think he needs some more bitter and wine to wash them down

psklpaul tymon
      Player

Thank you garswood

Thank you garswood

I wasn’t having a pop, I genuinely wasn’t sure

psklpaul tymon
        Player

Didn’t think u was Griff, glad garswood could help out though

Seriously I doubt there is a “Rugby town anywhere in England. Even in places like Bath where union is the premier sport or Warrington who don’t have a professional football club you can bet that more people watch and participate in football than rugby. Take Wigan as the prime example, even with two incredibly successful clubs in our midst, most people claim to be United/Liverpool and City/Everton fans. Annoying though it is this trend to support the massive clubs happens all over the country. To say that a place is a rugby town you would probably have to look in the Welsh valleys to find one.

No, just Warwickshire

donnys pageDonnys Page
          Player

As a participation sport I can tell you it is a huge majority of people that participate in football. I used to be a sales mon selling line marking materials to local authorities for sports fields. Wigan Metro were a customer and without a doubt the vast majority of paint and powder that went all over the borough was to mark out football pitches. Same in Warrington, same in Leeds, same in Bradford and on and on. The myth needs to be destroyed. Sick of blinkered conceptions people get. Maybe its a media thing that gives such a poorly supported sport so much attention in proportion to other minority sports.

At least they got to the six round of the cup

thty5yearswafctrevor hoy
            Player

aye after one game :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

SammySammy
              Player

Sort of sums up the arrogance of Wigan RL fans. Spat their collective dummies out at having to play at a neutral ground in a game they expected to win and it spectacularly back-fired on them.
                Should have got their arses into gear and gone to support the team they claim they so dearly love. No excuses really except for the apologist on here who tries to promote the notion that it wasn’t such a big disappointment after all. Pathetic really.

filmossfilmoss
                Player

Thank you garswood

I wasn’t having a pop, I genuinely wasn’t sure[/quote]

I’m with Griff, there was a certain degree of ambiguity in the post!

filmossfilmoss
                  Player

As for this attendance malarky, it really is getting very trite now!

thty5yearswafctrevor hoy
                    Player

Yet their are 1314 posts about an ex manager from two years ago :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

filmossfilmoss
                      Player

Yet their are 1314 posts about an ex manager from two years ago :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:[/quote]

A tongue in cheek thread!

You can come on here as much as you want to claim that the rugby is bigger than Latics but the reality is that, even in the 3rd tier of English football, week in week out, home and away, Latics will still be a better supported club.

I know it, everyone one here knows it, neutrals know it and so do you if you could only stop yourself spouting the bullshit for five minutes and admit it.

Only time will tell Mr Paperbackwriter.

I’ll bookmark this statement for the end of October, once the rugby season is over and you lot have played half a dozen home fixtures in the 3rd division, and see if you are right, or whether you are the one spouting bullshit.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4,677