Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4,677

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    the otterthe otter
    Player

You can come on here as much as you want to claim that the rugby is bigger than Latics but the reality is that, even in the 3rd tier of English football, week in week out, home and away, Latics will still be a better supported club.

I know it, everyone one here knows it, neutrals know it and so do you if you could only stop yourself spouting the bullshit for five minutes and admit it.

Only time will tell Mr Paperbackwriter.

I’ll bookmark this statement for the end of October, once the rugby season is over and you lot have played half a dozen home fixtures in the 3rd division, and see if you are right, or whether you are the one spouting bullshit.[/quote]

Now tell us again that you’re not obsessed!

Did I start the thread? No.

Do I want to show Griff up as a bullshit merchant – absolutely.

Roll on October!

the otterthe otter
      Player

So bookmarking something to drag up nearly 6 months time isn’t obsessive? Dragging up one last year that was 12 months old isn’t obsessive? Hovering around the forum of a club you don’t support isn’t obsessive? Calculating percentages of attendance reductions for cup matches isn’t obsessive? If these things are not obsessive then they are just downright weird. Why are you so bothered?

Did I start the thread? No.

Do I want to show Griff up as a bullshit merchant – absolutely.

Roll on October!

I might be right, I might be wrong. As you say, time will tell. Either way, it doesn’t make me a “bullshit merchant”, just right or wrong.

What I would say with almost 100% certainty is two things:-

1) If the rugby dropped down to the third tier and had to play the likes of London Skolars and Batley every week, that 4000-odd would soon look like a massive crowd.

2) If Latics had to play a competitive match at LSV for whatever reason, let alone a major cup match, I guarantee it would be a sell-out.

but the reality is that, even in the 3rd tier of English football, week in week out, home and away, Latics will still be a better supported club.

I know it, everyone one here knows it, neutrals know it and so do you if you could only stop yourself spouting the bullshit for five minutes and admit it.

I might be right, I might be wrong. As you say, time will tell. Either way, it doesn’t make me a “bullshit merchant”, just right or wrong.

1) If the rugby dropped down to the third tier and had to play the likes of London Skolars and Batley every week, that 4000-odd would soon look like a massive crowd.

2) If Latics had to play a competitive match at LSV for whatever reason, let alone a major cup match, I guarantee it would be a sell-out.

It seems you are backing out of your unambiguous claim made earlier quicker than the Tories will back out of their NHS/Education spending increases pledge!

The EggThe Egg
        Chairman

Not quite sure on that one. Our attendances for cup games are woeful.

but the reality is that, even in the 3rd tier of English football, week in week out, home and away, Latics will still be a better supported club.

It seems you are backing out of your unambiguous claim made earlier quicker than the Tories will back out of their NHS/Education spending increases pledge![/quote]

No, not really. But feel free to bookmark it for later use.

What is true is that we can never compare crowds in the 3rd tier of our respective sports because the competition in rigby league is so poor and weak that, no matter how bad the Warriors perform, or however fickle the Warrior’s support is, we would never get to test the appetite for a Wigan home tie against Batley Bulldogs or Hemel Stags on a wet Sunday afternoon.

Esox BlueEsox Blue
          Player

Cup games for both clubs aren’t well supported, very poor. We couldn’t even sell out our one and only FA cup final. 7000 tickets returned and sent to City. First time ever that had happened in modern times. We will be lucky to average 10,000 per home game next year. The Worrier’s, like em or not will piss that.

simmpoolsimmpool
            Player

Your wrong with that esox both teams get 25,000 each we took 23,000

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 4,677