48-hour post-match posting ban

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 48-hour post-match posting ban

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Like footballers have a 48-hour drinking ban prior to games, I am proposing a 48-hour post match posting ban.

Christ, what hysteria! All are entitled to their opinions, of course, and many have some good points to make but for god’s sake calm down!

For the record, I like what Martinez is trying to do on the pitch but at the moment both he and the players are woeful at it. I would like him to give 442 a go but have no confidence that this will solve everything in one fell swoop.

I am pleased that the club seems to be in a sufficiently strong financial shape should we be relegated – a distinct possibility now – to survive as a club rather than doing a Leeds or a Southampton.

The rugby seems to be doing well too.

Right, that’s me on self-imposed Martinez-baiting/adoring exile until at least 5pm tonight

Bath LaticBath Latic
    Player

The dark siders will only start moaning about the reserves instead to get round the ban

It is harder to take a positive spin on things. We need to put a run in or we are dooomed, dooomed I tell you.

At least Hull, Burnley and Wolves are cack !

ticsladTicslad
      Player

Griff:
        if we survive on the final day by besting Chelsea, is this proposed ban still wanted? Sure the hysteria would be immense.
        Or is it just the negative postings youre proposeing?
        Why not make a complete ban on negative posts?
        The hysteria you point out is emotion and frustration boiling over, it’s what you do when you love your club.
        The anger at a manager who fails to listen to supporters.
        The same manager who calls Stoke the best team in the world the day before we play them:
        “As a club, you play to your strengths. The most important thing is results and this is what the fans want to see.”
        Seems great at describing his job, just not able to do it. May be he thinks out strengths lie in 1 up front and Jordi Gomez.

jamescJamesC
        Player
          Griff:
          if we survive on the final day by besting Chelsea, is this proposed ban still wanted? Sure the hysteria would be immense.
          The hysteria you point out is emotion and frustration boiling over, it’s what you do when you love your club.
          The same manager who calls Stoke the best team in the world the day before we play them:
          “As a club, you play to your strengths. The most important thing is results and this is what the fans want to see.”
          Seems great at describing his job, just not able to do it. May be he thinks out strengths lie in 1 up front and Jordi Gomez.

Aren’t you interesting, Please post more :) :roll:

Griff:

It’s not 5 o’clock yet. :roll:

‘A manager who fails to listen to supporters’

What do you expect? A fan’s forum with Martinez opening it by saying ‘As you are all football experts and have more knowledge than me, who should I pick on Saturday?’ ?

Can you name a manager who genuinely listens to the opinions of the supporters?

ticsladTicslad
          Player

JamesC
            Nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read it.
            But yet you still do. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

‘A manager who fails to listen to supporters’

What do you expect? A fan’s forum with Martinez opening it by saying ‘As you are all football experts and have more knowledge than me, who should I pick on Saturday?’ ?

Can you name a manager who genuinely listens to the opinions of the supporters?

in another thread you suggest that martinez is effected and listens to insults hurled at him

Martinez got himself a degree in his spare time whilst playing professional football, is articulate, and fluent in two languages. He may quite rightly consider many of those booing and hurling abuse at him to be insular, uneducated Wiganners.
            We struggle to attract players to Wigan, and is it any wonder why?”

now you claim he doesnt listen to supporters,which is it ?

ps

or is it perhaps,he listens when it suits your story and doesn’t listen when it also suits your story ,and when i say “YOUR” i dont just mean you personally standish,i mean all of those on here who seem to be brainwashed into believing martinez is of any benefit to wigan athletic purely because we all loved him in the past.

You know exactly what I mean Loudmouth. You’re just being pedantic.

Perhaps the phrase in my other post should have been ‘hears’ rather than ‘listens to’.

Or do you really think a football manager should listen to the supporters’ suggestions? Then if the suggestions worked, maybe UEFA could walk round the terraces handing out on-the-spot coaching badges.

ticsladTicslad
            Player

He has selective hearing, only listens to insults. :mrgreen:

ticsladTicslad
              Player

Why is it when we used to sing Brucey give us a wave, he waved.
                May be he was just stretching. :roll:

You know exactly what I mean Loudmouth. You’re just being pedantic.

Perhaps the phrase in my other post should have been ‘hears’ rather than ‘listens to’.

Or do you really think a football manager should listen to the supporters’ suggestions? Then if the suggestions worked, maybe UEFA could walk round the terraces handing out on-the-spot coaching badges.

no i dont believe for one minute they listen to supporters opinions,in fact it is quite the opposite footballers and ex footballers in general belittle and ridicule anyone who is non – professional ,including chairmen or club owners,television presenters or journalists and even the referees, they are the most insular up their own backside bunch of closed shop tossers imaginable(my opinion) you only need to watch,read or listen to any of the pundits on tv,radio presenters or newspaper columists who played pro-football to know this to be true.

If I stand behind you shouting ‘Ticslad, you are an imbecile’, you will hear it, but if I continue to tell you why I think you are an imbecile, you will probably not listen.

If I stand behind you shouting ‘Ticslad, you are an imbecile’, you will hear it, but if I continue to tell you why I think you are an imbecile, you will probably not listen.

Neither would I. How can you be expected to flick through your Dictionary For Dummies to look up a new word when somebody is blathering incessantly in your ear?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 48-hour post-match posting ban