5-4-Friday… 5 Marmite People #2

Forums Non Football Stuff 5-4-Friday… 5 Marmite People #2

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    It’s not that I disagree with the candidates nominated, but it reminds me of what an old work colleague (miserable git) once said:

“Laughings (pronounced Lowfins)alreet for them folks that like it”!

This blog has certainly highlighted how opinions vary greatly on this topic.

As my granny (miserable git, too) used to say: “It’d be a dull owd world if we all thowt t’same road”

Ricky Gervais no time for that mon or James Cordon either

Yep, with you on both of those two

Jo Brand. :angry:

filmossfilmoss
    Player

I have never really understood the use of the word ‘Marmite’ to suggest a like or dislike of something or someone? Why not say ‘Olives’ or ‘Avocados’?

The EggThe Egg
      Chairman

Agree with those totally.

Philip Schofield is the big one for me. Can’t stand the guy. Not having that anyone is THAT perfect.

Harsh, maybe? Can take him or leave him, to be honest[/quote]

He’s on TV more often than the news

I have never really understood the use of the word ‘Marmite’ to suggest a like or dislike of something or someone? Why not say ‘Olives’ or ‘Avocados’?

I think it’s because Marmite isn’t everyone’s cup of tea ;)

filmossfilmoss
        Player

I think it’s because Marmite isn’t everyone’s cup of tea ;)[/quote]

Neither are olives or avocados ! What about mustard, now that aint to everyones liking is it ! Or Branston pickle, reggae reggae sauce etc etc etc etc !

Michael Mcintyre, on what friggin planet is this screeching no-mark funny? Has to be the most annoying get ever.

Don’t mind him, either.[/quote]

Now that really suprises me griff, I just do not get his wit in anway shape or form and cannot see how anyone with intelligence does. Having said that I do admit to finding most of todays comedians as funny as a strangulated hernia. I suppose I shouldn’t compare them with the comedy geniuses I grew up watching i.e Ronnie Barker Tommy Cooper and the like.

thty5yearswafctrevor hoy
          Player

Michael Mcintyre, on what friggin planet is this screeching no-mark funny? Has to be the most annoying get ever.

Now that really suprises me griff, I just do not get his wit in anway shape or form and cannot see how anyone with intelligence does. Having said that I do admit to finding most of todays comedians as funny as a strangulated hernia. I suppose I shouldn’t compare them with the comedy geniuses I grew up watching i.e Ronnie Barker Tommy Cooper and the like.[/quote]

I would imagine that it depends what age you are to define what wit/comedy you like I mean Arky might like a good titter at Frank Randell or George Formby that’s ia age set but others prefer the Young ones type of comedy

Neither are olives or avocados ! What about mustard, now that aint to everyones liking is it ! Or Branston pickle, reggae reggae sauce etc etc etc etc ![/quote]

Whoosh!

Now that really suprises me griff, I just do not get his wit in anway shape or form and cannot see how anyone with intelligence does. Having said that I do admit to finding most of todays comedians as funny as a strangulated hernia. I suppose I shouldn’t compare them with the comedy geniuses I grew up watching i.e Ronnie Barker Tommy Cooper and the like.[/quote]

Never said he was a comedy genius. I quite like the observational side of his comedy. Some of his routines hit home. A bit like Peter Kay – not the cleverest comedian, but good at what he does – in my opinion ;)

filmossfilmoss
            Player

Neither are olives or avocados ! What about mustard, now that aint to everyones liking is it ! Or Branston pickle, reggae reggae sauce etc etc etc etc ![/quote]

Whoosh![/quote]

I am fully aware that it isn’t everyones cup of tea but why Marmite ? Why not say it’s an olive thing ? Marmite’s ‘Love it or hate it’ campaign appears to have been an advertising coup and sucked in many people !

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Non Football Stuff 5-4-Friday… 5 Marmite People #2