5-4-Friday help needed

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday help needed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

It’s been suggested I do a piece this week about players who have left your club and then gone on to do well, badly or come back to haunt you.

Any suggestions/thoughts welcome…

Leighton Baines now in the England team.

Nathan Ellington ended up nearly in tears when substituted v us.

Pascal Chimbonda. ’nuff said.

Just a start.

Leighton Baines now in the England team.

Nathan Ellington ended up nearly in tears when substituted v us.

Pascal Chimbonda. ’nuff said.

Just a start.

Thanks. They’re the three I already had ;)

The EggThe Egg
    Chairman

There’s plenty that have gone on to do nothing. Marlon King went on to do bird.

Lee McCulloch has won a few trophies at Rangers and is now Captain.

Can’t think of many off the top of my head who have come back to haunt us

The EggThe Egg
      Chairman

Me neither. Maynard and Sammon both scored against us this season though.

filmossfilmoss
        Player

Victor Moses has got to be a flattered to deceive job!

Baines (pen), Rodallega, Sammon and Scharner have all scored against us after leaving, but I’m not sure I’d say they haunted us. I haven’t included Maynard as he was only on loan.

The EggThe Egg
          Chairman
            Baines (pen), Rodallega, Sammon and Scharner have all scored against us after leaving, but I’m not sure I’d say they haunted us. I haven’t included Maynard as he was only on loan.

We tend to be haunted more by players we tried to sign and players who haven’t scored in decades.

LaticInLeighVinny Priest
            Player

Valencia went on to bigger things. I think the jury’s out on how successful he’s been.

LaticInLeighVinny Priest
              Player

…and Joe Hinnigan’s big money move to Sunderland was pretty huge at the time.

Jason Roberts career floundered after he left us and he scored a few against us as well.

DoglaticDoglatic
                Player

I also don’t remember many coming back to haunt us, but remember a couple in one off games.
                  Mark Leonard scoring for Rochdale when they did the double over us in our promotion season. I remember him particularly enjoying that goal, but I personally wasn’t haunted.
                  I also seem to remember Alan Johnson scoring against us when he left for Lincoln.
                  Maybe Tony Kelly is one that haunted us while at Bolton? Gliding past our defenders to score as we were getting relegated in 1993.

DoglaticDoglatic
                  Player

I also don’t remember many coming back to haunt us, but remember a couple in one off games.
                    Mark Leonard scoring for Rochdale when they did the double over us in our promotion season. I remember him particularly enjoying that goal, but I personally wasn’t haunted.
                    I also seem to remember Alan Johnson scoring against us when he left for Lincoln.
                    Maybe Tony Kelly is one that haunted us while at Bolton? Gliding past our defenders to score as we were getting relegated in 1993.[/quote]

Here is the proof

Roy Carroll went on to have a checquered career, but nothing that really affected us directly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday help needed