5-4-Friday help needed

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday help needed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    SammySammy
    Player

Didn’t Stuart Barlow return with Tranmere and score against us?

thty5yearswafctrevor hoy
      Player

Can’t think of many off the top of my head who have come back to haunt us

I also don’t remember many coming back to haunt us, but remember a couple in one off games.
        Mark Leonard scoring for Rochdale when they did the double over us in our promotion season. I remember him particularly enjoying that goal, but I personally wasn’t haunted.
        I also seem to remember Alan Johnson scoring against us when he left for Lincoln.
        Maybe Tony Kelly is one that haunted us while at Bolton? Gliding past our defenders to score as we were getting relegated in 1993.[/quote]

Here is the proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgMBnk-GfiU%5B/quote%5D

David lee in that clip as well

horchorc
        Manager

Micky Quinn went on to have a pretty good career after we gave him away for nothing as it was thought he wasn’t good enough.
          Didn’t haunt us, but was certainly one that got away, and it is never mentioned that he ever played for us.

Mike Newell went on to prosper also Steve Walsh.

jimmycjimmyc
          Player

Two that spring to mind for me are Peter Atherton & Joe Parkinson.. Stood out like a sore thumb playing for us, great players.

Didn’t come back to haunt us cos we were lower league then but both went on to play top flight football, and were pretty good to boot.

Joe Parkinson’s career was cut short by Viera if i remember correctly??

horchorc
            Manager

We’ve had some cracking players over the years when you stop and think about it.

An all time eleven would be very difficult chose, and our hall of fame would have to be a bloody long one.

vincehillvinceHill
              Player
                Micky Quinn went on to have a pretty good career after we gave him away for nothing as it was thought he wasn’t good enough.
                Didn’t haunt us, but was certainly one that got away, and it is never mentioned that he ever played for us.

mickey himself mentioned his time at the club in his autobiography with some crazy tales about a club holiday in Malta.
                I have also heard him refer. To Latics as ” my old club” on Talksport on a regular basis.
                the club actually PAID to get rid of him allegedly !!!
                maybe it was the wake up call he needed because his strike rate t his various clubs afterwards would make him worth a very large amount of money in today’s game .
                I actually saw him score his first goal for the club and when we ( then kids) ran on the pitch to congratulate him at the end he actually said thanks.
                has always struck me as a very modest self effacing type of bloke which maybe was the reason for his rather casual attitude to the game but never any doubt about his ability at scoring goals.
                one that got away indeed

horchorc
                Manager

I know he holds us in pretty high regard and has mentioned us himself as one of his old clubs, but whenever he has been introduced on programs it has always been…’ex Newcastle and Coventry striker Mickey Quinn’

I have never heard him introduced as ‘ ex Wigan Athletic and Newcastle striker Mickey Quinn’.

I heard him introduced as ex ‘Stockport County striker Mickey Quinn’ once or twice, but that was probably Elton fucking Welsby so it doesn’t count.

thty5yearswafctrevor hoy
                  Player

but that was probably Elton fucking Welsby so it doesn’t count. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The EggThe Egg
                    Chairman
                      Didn’t Stuart Barlow return with Tranmere and score against us?

Yep

I know he holds us in pretty high regard and has mentioned us himself as one of his old clubs, but whenever he has been introduced on programs it has always been…‘ex Newcastle and Coventry striker Mickey Quinn’

I have never heard him introduced as ‘ ex Wigan Athletic and Newcastle striker Mickey Quinn’.

I heard him introduced as ex ‘Stockport County striker Mickey Quinn’ once or twice, but that was probably Elton fucking Welsby so it doesn’t count.

To be fair, he did play for those clubs in the top flight, which is probably why they get mentioned. If you listed all the clubs he played for you’d have to do it in instalments!

Thanks for all the input, just have to decide whether to concentrate on those who have done well or those who have flopped. Or just pick the more famous/notorious ones.

Cheers

The EggThe Egg
                      Chairman
                        Thanks for all the input, just have to decide whether to concentrate on those who have done well or those who have flopped. Or just pick the more famous/notorious ones.

Cheers

*cough* Drag it out for two weeks *cough*

Cheers

*cough* Drag it out for two weeks *cough*[/quote]

Now that’s not a bad shout at all!! Can’t believe I didn’t think of that. Just need a catchy strap-line. I know – Hero to Zero, and vice versa the following week. Glad I came up with that cathcy little moniker. ;)

The EggThe Egg
                        Chairman

Cheers

*cough* Drag it out for two weeks *cough*[/quote]

Now that’s not a bad shout at all!! Can’t believe I didn’t think of that. Just need a catchy strap-line. I know – Hero to Zero, and vice versa the following week. Glad I came up with that cathcy little moniker. ;)[/quote]

Like it matters. Nobody reads your stupid blog anyway ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5-4-Friday help needed