5 p.m. Saturday

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5 p.m. Saturday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    JaytJayt
    Chairman

There are rumours going round that some sites have said it is confirmed that we are playing our game at 5 o’clock on Saturday 13th…

Has anybody else heard about this or seen it anywhere?

FA Cup Winners 2013, sounds good that

A mate of mine has just forwarded me a text he received this morning from a friend who has a brother who works for the Plod in London
      That text says it is a 5.30ko & Latics have been allocated the east end of the stadium

Anonymous

give or take 15 mins either side of tea time…it’s definetly saturday…….(ESPN)….less viewers in uk compared to ITV1, BUT, more around the world :cheer: :cheer:

jimmycjimmyc
        Player

You would think the FA would have released some news first but there is absolutely nothing on their site at the mo!!

Anonymous

well if thats the case the trains out the question, could go extra time penalties . The last ones back for Wigan is 8;30ish unless you take other train routes back.

(If true) Well feckin thought of plod,TV, FA

Anonymous

Confirmation at 2pm today:
              Sat 13th KO 17:15 – Wigan (east) v Millwall (west)
              Sun 14th KO 16:00 – Chelsea or Scum (east) v Man City (west)

That has come from Brent police to the Landlord of the Green Man, who rang me straight away.

(from bluemoon, not me)

Anonymous

******UPDATE******

Sat 13th KO 17:15 – Wigan (east) v Millwall (west)(north)(south) to accommodate the army of jellied eel eating JLC’s

jollylaticDavid Rimmer
                Player

That kick off time gives the Millwall fans a lot more drinking time :ohmy:

I always thought it’d be the saturday but not that KO time
                  On the plus side it means I don’t have to get up at 4am to get to Piccadilly for around 6am & it allows some decent suppin time
                  On the downside I wanted to go on the train & a 5.15-5.30 kick off means that if it went to pens I’d have about 30-45 minutes to get out of the ground, down wembley way & on to the tube to euston which aint gonna happen

We knew this game was going to be arranged for the benefit of TV companies. If they’re going to do this to fans, the FA should include free B&B in the price of the tickets.

Last year, the Cup Final itself kicked off at 5.15pm, Saturday 5 May 2012. The Liverpool fans had to get home after that.

Say kick-off 5.30
                  Full time 7.30
                  Extra time ends 8.00
                  Penalties end 8.15

The last train back to Wigan is;
                  dep 19:58 Wembley Central [WMB] arr Watford Junction [WFJ] 20:28
                  dep 20:46 Watford Junction [WFJ] arr Wigan North Western [WGN] 23:04

If you left at the final whistle and ran to the station, you could just catch that. But it won’t carry 30,000 passengers, more like 500.

Sun 14th KO 16:00 – Chelsea or Scum (east) v Man City (west)

That has come from Brent police to the Landlord of the Green Man, who rang me straight away.

(from bluemoon, not me)

Looking at the plan of the stadium & directions to the pubs I would guess that Latics allocated boozer woudl be The Torch.
                  Its alreet & there’s plenty of room out the front if the weather is decent to take your own ale rather than pay through the nose for theirs!! :whistle:

Anonymous

Anyone have any idea how difficult it is to get from Wembley to Heathrow Airport?

Anyone have any idea how difficult it is to get from Wembley to Heathrow Airport?

Piccadilly line to Picadilly Circus, then Bakerloo Line to Wembley. Dead easy.

It’s on the Saturday Tipperary so you’d better get in quick before our huge Irish fanbase latch onto it….

Anonymous

It’s not that far but there are no direct links. Should take just under an hour, whichever way you go.

Have a look at the journey planner on the Transport For London site.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5 p.m. Saturday