5 p.m. Saturday

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5 p.m. Saturday

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Cheers Standish. I’m assuming Heathrow would be the best Airport to fly into? Allowing for extra time and possibly getting a few slaps from a few Millwall heads on the way back what would be my chances of making a 10.15 return flight that night??

I’m not trying to tempt faith but the Cup final is on the same day as my daughter’s communion so I’m f**ked there so I have to make the semi.

Would you believe there are a few other Irish Latics about. At the promotion winning game agt Reading in 2005 I saw a tricolour with ‘Tiocfaid ar la’ written on it :lol: Thought it was appropiate and class though the locals may not have been too impressed if they were aware of the significance of that slogan!!!(Not that they would have cared of that particular day)

JaytJayt
      Chairman

Announcement to made before 1 p.m. today..

Apparently a Brent Police Force copper tweeted it out but deleted it too late for too many people to see it.

Will kick off at 5.15 on Saturday

So they will release details today instead of Monday.

FA Cup Winners 2013, sounds good that

Tipperary – you’ve got a choice of routes; you can go to Wembley Central, Wembley Stadium or Wembley Park. Don’t go to North Wembley!

You can go by Tube, but there are trains too. Check the journey times and fares on National Rail Journey Planner. Examples of journeys;

Heathrow Express 12:42 Heathrow Airport T5 [HWV] London Paddington [PAD] 13:04
        Tube 13:04 London Paddington [PAD] London Marylebone [MYB] 13:36
        [32 minutes for 2 stops? Should be in good time for 13:39!]
        Chiltern Railways 13:39 London Marylebone [MYB] Wembley Stadium [WCX] 13:48

Tube 12:58 Heathrow Underground London Marylebone [MYB] 14:09
        Change required en route – suggest change at Piccadilly Circus, then Tube to Marylebone
        Chiltern Railways 14:09 London Marylebone [MYB] Wembley Stadium [WCX] 14:18

Tube 14:06 Heathrow Underground London Euston [EUS] 15:17
        Change required en route – suggest Heathrow-Green Park-Euston
        Overground 15:17 London Euston [EUS] Wembley Central [WMB] 15:38

Chiltern Railways 20:18 Wembley Stadium [WCX] London Marylebone [MYB] 20:32
        Tube 20:32 London Marylebone [MYB] London Paddington [PAD] 21:09
        [37 minutes for 2 stops? Should arrive at Paddington in time to catch earlier Heathrow Express at 20:55, to arrive at Terminals 2 & 3 in 15 minutes = 21:10]
        Heathrow Express 21:10 London Paddington [PAD] Heathrow Airport T5 [HWV] 21:31

Tube 20:32 London Marylebone [MYB] Heathrow Underground 21:48
        Change required en route – suggest Tube to Piccadilly Circus, then Heathrow

Overground 20:25 Wembley Central [WMB] London Euston [EUS] 20:50
        Tube 20:50 London Euston [EUS] Heathrow Underground 22:06
        Change required en route – suggest Euston-Green Park-Heathrow

Tube makes very generous allowance for Paddington to Marylebone. I think the Underground generally uses journey times rather than specific timetables.

Off-peak Day Travelcard costs £8.90 but excludes Heathrow Express.

Heathrow Connect https://www.heathrowconnect.com/content.asp?SID={5BE96E0F-8FFE-4388-B20D-D3409BBA0381}&pageid=73
        Runs half-hourly between Paddington and Heathrow
        Journey time approx 45 minutes
        Fare £19 open return. Please note that Zone 1-6 Travelcards are not valid between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow Airport. Pre-pay Oyster cards are not valid on Heathrow Connect (between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow Airport only).
        Heathrow Connect doesn’t seem to come up on National Rail Journey Planner. That may be because it’s quite slow.

Heathrow Express https://www.heathrowexpress.com/
        Runs every 15 minutes between Paddington and Heathrow
        Journey time 15 minutes
        Fare – bought from machine – £34 return

From Club Website

Latics to face Millwall on Saturday with 5.15PM kick off

Wigan Athletic can confirm that the FA Cup with Budweiser semi final against Millwall will take place on Saturday 13 April with a 5.15pm kick off, live on ESPN.

The club have been allocated 31,863 seats in the East End of Wembley Stadium, with adult tickets available from £30.00, £40.00, £50.00 and £60.00, with a £10.00 reduction in each area for concessions.

When tickets go on sale, Wigan Athletic Season Ticket Holders will each be eligible to purchase three tickets per season ticket.

Full details including on sale dates will be confirmed next week.

the otterthe otter
        Player

Will the 2 extra seats per season ticket holders need to be on the database?

Will the 2 extra seats per season ticket holders need to be on the database?

Doubt it. For Carling Cup you didn’t even have to give names.

That’s a good question!

There shouldn’t be the same security problems for this game.

Perhaps we will be able to buy tickets for family members or enter them on the database.

Tipperary

The fastest way back from Wembley to Heathrow is via Chiltern Railways – from Wembley Stadium station, the station closest to the ground. Check the station layout when you arrive at Wembley. After the game, be quick to avoid queues at the station. Chiltern Railways are likely to put on extra trains for the semifinal.

Wembley is one stop from Marylebone, which is just two stops from Paddington on the Bakerloo Line.

The Heathrow Express runs every 15 minutes from Paddington to Heathrow – journey time to Terminals 1 & 3 is 15 minutes – though I’m not sure which terminal you would fly from.

Kick-off is 5.15
          Final whistle would be about 7.10
          Extra time would end at about 7.40
          Penalties would end at approximately 8.00

National Rail Journey Planner gives;
          Tube 20:32 London Marylebone [MYB] London Paddington [PAD] 21:09
          Heathrow Express 21:10 London Paddington [PAD] Heathrow Airport T5 [HWV] 21:31

You might be able to catch an earlier – extra – train from Wembley Stadium.
          The Tube journey should take much less than 37 minutes.
          You should be able to catch an earlier Heathrow Express, 20:55 (arr 21:10) or even 20:40 (arr 20:55).

I hope this helps!

The answer Griff is, No i am not going. :( :ohmy:

The answer Griff is, No i am not going. :( :ohmy:

I’m going. Couldn’t give a flyer who else is, or isn’t, to be honest

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 5 p.m. Saturday