6 times

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 6 times

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    filmossfilmoss
    Player

Bramble put the ball into the stand whilst attempting to pass ! Now correct me if I am wrong but is that not simply pathetic football ! Maybe he wanted Whelan to sign the ball for him for some kid he knows ! Titus son …..Whelan doesn’t sit that high up !

SammySammy
      Player

Bramble looked like a disaster waiting to happen tonight. Bruce got him playing no nonsense football and he was fine. I don’t think I’ve seen a player look so uncomfortable as he did tonight.

Leaving aside the performance, the most alarming aspect was how unconvincing the players looked playing that style of football. And the body language from some of them said it all, especially Brown who went straight down the tunnel after he was subbed. Martinez has a mountain to climb and it’s even steeper if he’s got dissent in the dressing room.

thtyoneyearswafctrevor hoy
        Player

oh come on i know he played shite tneet but ffs give the guy a break

filmossfilmoss
          Player
            oh come on i know he played WRLFC tneet but ffs give the guy a break

Rose tinted glasses alert ! abort abort abort !

The DukeThe Duke
            Player
              Bramble looked like a disaster waiting to happen tonight. Bruce got him playing no nonsense football and he was fine. I don’t think I’ve seen a player look so uncomfortable as he did tonight.

Leaving aside the performance, the most alarming aspect was how unconvincing the players looked playing that style of football. And the body language from some of them said it all, especially Brown who went straight down the tunnel after he was subbed. Martinez has a mountain to climb and it’s even steeper if he’s got dissent in the dressing room.

For god sake, why do people contradict themselves so much? After the Villa game everyone said, “Amazing how comfortbale on the ball everyone looked compared to last year.” Now completely the opposite, after 1 bad result. Why are Wiganers so fickle?

thtyoneyearswafctrevor hoy
              Player

Fillmoss

rose tinted glasses :D

it’s called getting behind your team or player if you actually went to Villa park on saturday Titus was ok on the ball and had a decent game thanks

Wolves did to us what we did to others in our 1st year in the Prem. They harassed the player on the ball giving him no time to settle to pick his pass. What was missing from our performance was players moving in to position quickly to receive the ball. We were taken by surprise and once we conceded the early goal it was always going to be difficult. I didn’t boo the lads or leave early, I never would, but I didn’t give a rapturous applause either. In fact I was not surprised by the result as I half expected it to happen. Am I despondent? NO. One bad game doesn’t wreck the whole season.

SammySammy
                Player

For god sake, why do people contradict themselves so much? After the Villa game everyone said, “Amazing how comfortbale on the ball everyone looked compared to last year.” Now completely the opposite, after 1 bad result. Why are Wiganers so fickle?[/quote]

Well I didn’t go to the Villa match and therefore didn’t post any comments so didn’t contradict myself. My observations were made after watching last night’s game and what I saw wasn’t good.
                  Maybe Villa stood off and gave us more time on the ball. Maybe Man U will do the same on Saturday and people will comment how amazingly comfortable the players looked on the ball. However, last night, against a team playing the style of football typical of our relegation contenders we were awful playing the style of football Martinez is keen to adopt.

Bramble put the ball into the stand whilst attempting to pass ! Now correct me if I am wrong but is that not simply pathetic football ! Maybe he wanted Whelan to sign the ball for him for some kid he knows ! Titus son …..Whelan doesn’t sit that high up !

And at least 6 times at Villa he tried the same things with perfect results.

You win some, you lose some.

Vat69Vat69
                  Player

Talking about this last night.

I said “Normally, he might do one, maybe two, in a game. And more often than not, he’ll drift a really useful diagnal ball, into the corner, which is great for a wide player to get after. But when we start relying on him to ping the ball out to N’Zogbia, etc, all the time, he’s not good enough. He’s a centre half at the end of the day”.

Hopefully Bob’s realised we need a midfielder calling for, and taking the ball off the centre backs at every opportunity. I am terrified of us playing balls across the area against United.

In fact, I can see it now. Bramble hitting one with his studs, Owen cutting it out, and going on to score and put them one up. Just had that visual in my mind and it was horrible. :cry:

Squire Manny BrownBB
                    Player

Apparently Rooney has scored 99 goals for Utd.

Please don’t let it happen. :x

Vat69Vat69
                      Player

Yeah he has. Nailed on, I reckon. :cry:

filmossfilmoss
                        Player

Yeah he has. Nailed on, I reckon. :cry: [/quote]
                          9/2 he was I had a few quid on just to ease the pain ! And I dont mind admitting i had a few quid on 3-0, 4-0 and 5-0 as i was expecting some sort of backlash after Burnley beating them ! I hasten to add that I would have gladly forfeited my handsome profit for a win but alas we are Wigan !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Latics Crazy Forum 6 times